New membership options Addington palace

boylanc4

Visit site
Playing Addington Palace tomorrow - really looking forward to it and hoping to be able to decide whether or not to join after my round. @Oddsocks another course I was considering joining was Farleigh - again, yet to play it, but I noticed that you had recently left Farleigh to join Addington Palace - mind giving me your thoughts on the two? Hopefully I will play AP tomorrow and my mind will be made up but just want to make sure I'm not making a rash decision either way.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Playing Addington Palace tomorrow - really looking forward to it and hoping to be able to decide whether or not to join after my round. @Oddsocks another course I was considering joining was Farleigh - again, yet to play it, but I noticed that you had recently left Farleigh to join Addington Palace - mind giving me your thoughts on the two? Hopefully I will play AP tomorrow and my mind will be made up but just want to make sure I'm not making a rash decision either way.
I'll give you my two cents having played both recently.
AP is by far the better golf course. Farleigh is enjoyable, but it's not a patch on AP.
I'll let Oddsocks comment on the social side/comps/booking, etc. but as a golf course, hands down, it's AP.

boylanc4

Visit site
I'll give you my two cents having played both recently.
AP is by far the better golf course. Farleigh is enjoyable, but it's not a patch on AP.
I'll let Oddsocks comment on the social side/comps/booking, etc. but as a golf course, hands down, it's AP.
Thank you - really appreciate your feedback!

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hang on a minute. I've just had a look at the AP site and it looks like they have changed the way the course is played since I was there last year.
Apologies @Brattie. The opening hole is now a monster par 4 and not a gentle par 3 where a 4 is always acceptable. The "Fountain" hole is now the 3rd???

Anyway, it's a great course, tough but fair. - apart from the greens that is, tough and totally unfair unless you know them. I know a few members there who seem very happy with being members.

Last edited:

Troymcclure

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hang on a minute. I've just had a look at the AP site and it looks like they have changed the way the course is played since I was there last year.
Apologies @Brattie. The opening hole is now a monster par 4 and not a gentle par 3 where a 4 is always acceptable. The "Fountain" hole is now the 3rd???

Anyway, it's a great course, tough but fair. - apart from the greens that is, tough and totally unfair unless you know them. I know a few members there who seem very happy with being members.
Blimey they’ve switched the two 9’s round 😳 I wonder why.

boylanc4

Visit site
Played a round in AP this afternoon
A brilliant track - really enjoyed it!

Clubhouse is lovely and everyone I met was so welcoming, staff, the pro etc.

Pretty sure I’ll be signing up soon!