New membership options Addington palace

James.mcgee

Visit site
James
I don’t know if you have chosen your club to join but I have just come across your post.

For your info the greens at Addington Palace are fully recovered and the course is looking as good as it ever has.

We did have 5 temp greens last winter which was the first time that we have had temp greens in 25 years. It wasn’t great being on temps but the greens have fully recovered now. More importantly we have addressed the issue that caused the problem and it won’t happen again!!

The beauty of Addington Palace is the course never gets boring or repetitive, the greens and fairways are excellent and it plays 365 days a year (as you will know it was the wettest winter but we were open and able to play golf every day because we are on gravel and drain incredibly quickly).

If you want to join a pub with a golf course attached then Farleigh or Shirley are the best in the area. If you looking for a great golf course and golf club plus a decent social side then have another look at the Palace.
Hi max, thanks for the response, I appreciate you taking the time. I actually joined addington palace in April and have really enjoyed it so far. Have you been a member long?

Thanks
James

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site
James
I don’t know if you have chosen your club to join but I have just come across your post.

For your info the greens at Addington Palace are fully recovered and the course is looking as good as it ever has.

We did have 5 temp greens last winter which was the first time that we have had temp greens in 25 years. It wasn’t great being on temps but the greens have fully recovered now. More importantly we have addressed the issue that caused the problem and it won’t happen again!!

The beauty of Addington Palace is the course never gets boring or repetitive, the greens and fairways are excellent and it plays 365 days a year (as you will know it was the wettest winter but we were open and able to play golf every day because we are on gravel and drain incredibly quickly).

If you want to join a pub with a golf course attached then Farleigh or Shirley are the best in the area. If you looking for a great golf course and golf club plus a decent social side then have another look at the Palace.
I’ve heard it’s quiet clicky at addington palace 🤷‍♂️

max m

Visit site
Hi max, thanks for the response, I appreciate you taking the time. I actually joined addington palace in April and have really enjoyed it so far. Have you been a member long?

Thanks
Jam

I don’t really agree. There is an open tee roll up every day and two on Saturday (morning and afternoon). Lots of mid week and weekend competitions to meet people too.

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don’t really agree. There is an open tee roll up every day and two on Saturday (morning and afternoon). Lots of mid week and weekend competitions to meet people too.
It’s the turn up and play I was told. Members can’t book a tee time The same members seem to get out first at the weekends That what I was told Not before 8.30am ???

max m

Visit site
It’s the turn up and play I was told. Members can’t book a tee time The same members seem to get out first at the weekends That what I was told Not before 8.30am ???

First tee time at weekend is 0715 and 0800 during the week. All tees are bookable via the app up to 10 days in advance. It’s a members club (not many societies or visitors allowed) and you can get a tee time every day of the week.

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site
First tee time at weekend is 0715 and 0800 during the week. All tees are bookable via the app up to 10 days in advance. It’s a members club (not many societies or visitors allowed) and you can get a tee time every day of the week.
I was obviously told wrong Sry 🙏

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Based on being there 3 weeks a would say it’s completely the opposite. Turned up on day 1 at 7.15 and was invited to join a group straight away. Welcomed into a group with great company (1 also a new member) and was added straight into their WhatsApp group straight after.

The Thursday knobbly knees 9 hole roll up also seems very open.

I left Farleigh after 15 years and feel this is every bit as welcoming as the old FARLEIGH was in 2010 when I joined

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Based on being there 3 weeks a would say it’s completely the opposite. Turned up on day 1 at 7.15 and was invited to join a group straight away. Welcomed into a group with great company (1 also a new member) and was added straight into their WhatsApp group straight after.

The Thursday knobbly knees 9 hole roll up also seems very open.

I left Farleigh after 15 years and feel this is every bit as welcoming as the old FARLEIGH was in 2010 when I joined
As I said I was obviously told wrong 👍🏻

James.mcgee

Visit site
just to add I regularly play the open tee's on a Saturday/Sunday morning, whilst there is always a group to join there's plenty a time available to head out on you own or as a 2/3 ball. I normally rock up around 7.15 and its pretty quiet.