Jordan Spieth

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Whats everyone's take on this player?

Been following this guy for a few months now, after reading about his story about gaining the Special Temp Member status on the PGA Tour.

In short, Jordan holds the accolade of being 1 of only 2 golfers to win the US Junior Amateur more than once, the other being Tiger!

His whole amateur career has been packed with great achievements and his start to life on the PGA has been promising, with plenty of good finishes.

I have backed him on most of his starts and followed him on the shot tracker last week. Tee to green he was class, but putting let him down. However the week before, his putting was outstanding which leads me to think he has the game to go far on tour.

Backed him again this week at 40/1 so hoping for good things!

Grumps

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was the scorer when he played in the junior ryder cup at gleneagles a few years ago he tore the pga course apart so ive kept an eye out for him since then as his coach said he would be better than tiger

G

guest100718

I started a thread about him on WRX after watching him a few times, to say he divides opinions would be an understatement

Last edited:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Better than Tiger?

Well at least his coach isn't setting unrealistic expectations!!

Spieth ought to do well but lots of can't miss prospects have crashed and burned.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
He's had a stellar amateur career and seems to be finding his feet in the pro ranks very easily - this is a great endorsment of his skills and character already. The potential is huge and reminds me of Mickelson just a bit. Just hope he's allowed to continue without too much expectation and avoid another Ty Tryon...

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good player and will do well playing on the PGA tour once he gets used to the way of life and settles down a bit. Not a chance he'll be as good as tiger, could maybe see he win one maybe two majors but at this moment he can string a good round together on a sunday. Fair enough he has something like 5 top 5s the year but they have all come from bad rounds on a sunday when a good round would have got him a few wins this year.

D

Deleted member 1147

It's impossible to guess what he'll do in the future, and past glories are no guarantee of future success (this we've seen with so many potential greats).
What I will say though is that he seems to have started better than many other potentially good players. So hopefully he can keep that going and have some success.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
good to see someone doing well with a few faults I recognise in my own swing.

he has a little bend in that left arm going back and also wobbles about on the outside of his left foot trying to balance into a finish position.

not like robots we see day, day out, on tour

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Well 3 solid rounds of 67 leave him 5 off the lead heading into sundays round.

I certainly dont think he is out of it judging by the golfers in front of him on the leaderboard

Showed some steely character in his 3rd round as he was +2 thru 8, but hit back with 5 birdies between 9 and 18.

Come on Spieth!!

tyke

Head Pro
Visit site
Well 3 solid rounds of 67 leave him 5 off the lead heading into sundays round.

I certainly dont think he is out of it judging by the golfers in front of him on the leaderboard

Showed some steely character in his 3rd round as he was +2 thru 8, but hit back with 5 birdies between 9 and 18.

Come on Spieth!!

Couldn't agree more, got £10 E/W on him at 40/1 also:)

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I've got 2.50 on Walker @ 55/1 as well as a couple of others, Including Stallings.

Here's hoping.[/FONT]

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I was the scorer when he played in the junior ryder cup at gleneagles a few years ago he tore the pga course apart so ive kept an eye out for him since then as his coach said he would be better than tiger

He'll be good, but not a chance he'll be better than Tiger

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Anyone remember Ty Tyron?

Staying Amateur seems to have let him grow up.

Peter Uihlein took a different route - Euro Tour - which surprised me. Mind you, I think his Dad is worth a bob or two! :rolleyes:

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Still up and watching. The 3 of them have all missed opportunities to win. Spieth certainly looks like he could be the real deal, at least challenging Rory anyway :). With yet another sudden death hole on the way, I'm gonna go with Spieth.