Is this an issue and I haven't noticed?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
You have to wonder why the rogue score hasn't simply been removed from the list...it is, after all, a list of qualifying scores.
As its not deemed a qualifying score there's no reason for it to be there and cause potential confusion...
After all...if it wasn't there this thread wouldn't have been started....

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
You have to wonder why the rogue score hasn't simply been removed from the list...it is, after all, a list of qualifying scores.
As its not deemed a qualifying score there's no reason for it to be there and cause potential confusion...
After all...if it wasn't there this thread wouldn't have been started....

Perhaps the system has alerted the club concerned - or the individual if it's a GP score - and is awaiting a response. The score may well have been a genuine score for handicap but was incorrectly sent to WHS and could be used if corrected.

Mandofred

Visit site
I just sent off an email to the club with some of your comments, they forwarded the message to the Pro. As mentioned by others, I think there is just one score in there that shouldn't be there....and for some reason is. Not earth shattering, but if it's that 7 March score then it would be sitting there annoying me for the next couple of months until it works it's way off the list.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just sent off an email to the club with some of your comments, they forwarded the message to the Pro. As mentioned by others, I think there is just one score in there that shouldn't be there....and for some reason is. Not earth shattering, but if it's that 7 March score then it would be sitting there annoying me for the next couple of months until it works it's way off the list.
Yes I can’t understand ,if it’s not acceptable then why is it still there?
Why is it highlighted as a scoring one?

wjemather

Visit site
This raises more questions!

Why have they forwarded it to the pro instead of the Handicap Committee? You have already established they don't know enough about handicapping to be able to assist with such queries.
Are you not able to directly contact your Handicap Committee?
Does your club even have a Handicap Committee? (a mandatory requirement of union affiliation)

Mandofred

Visit site
Yes, I'm sure there is a committee....I've no idea who is on it though. There is a medal in the morning so I can ask a couple of guys I'm playing with who keep up on that info. I am also kind of wondering why this hasn't come up.....I wasn't the only person playing that day, so I would assume there would be a bunch of other people who are similarly effected. Although....even though I don't keep up with the details of how WHS works, I do look at the info. I've mentioned this to a bunch of other people in the rollups who have no idea of how to even find the EG/WHS info. Judging from what I've seen, there are a LOT of people who barely know what handicap they have and really don't care that much....I think they assume it's just magic.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

wjemather

Visit site
What’s the green dot for ?
The unacceptable score in question is 4th from the top (7/3, Winter tees).
The 21st score (i.e. the one immediately below the line) is the 20th acceptable score and is correctly marked as being one of the best 8.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Iffffff the problem is the 7 March round....it doesn't have a green dot.
Ok my mistake.
Back to my original question
Why hasn’t the computer put the next scoring one in.?
And why is one outside the 20 scores highlighted?

Operator error or computer not up to scratch.?

wjemather

Visit site
Iffffff the problem is the 7 March round....it doesn't have a green dot.
The problem is how scores are displayed in the app and on the web for players; i.e. lack of information about scores (acceptable/not acceptable; comp/general play/etc.), the line being fixed below the 20th score rather than dynamically moving to below to 20th acceptable score, the chart not displaying all acceptable scores, etc.

The most important thing - your handicap index - is still being calculated correctly.

Mandofred

Visit site
The problem is how scores are displayed in the app and on the web for players; i.e. lack of information about scores (acceptable/not acceptable; comp/general play/etc.), the line being fixed below the 20th score rather than dynamically moving to below to 20th acceptable score, the chart not displaying all acceptable scores, etc.

The most important thing - your handicap index - is still being calculated correctly.
Yep, that's what I am assuming. It was a shock the other day when I turned in a general play card (+9) on Wed thinking that was going to raise my handicap the next morning for a Seniors rollup....and it didn't. It is what it is. Just don't know why the computer took a non-qualifier card....the 17th+18th were not played at that time because of the wet, but it was still a comp of some kind so we turned in cards. I'm just wondering as I mentioned earlier....do I now have to wait a couple of months before I turn in enough cards to knock that icky card off the list?

Mandofred

Visit site
Had a chat with the Pro again this morning before the medal. Thanks to the people on this site, I pointed out that the 7 March event was causing the problem. He realized that it shouldn't have been included on the list since it wasn't a qualifier, but he did take the score off my record. Why he didn't just kill that comp from the system I don't get.