Is This A Record?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I suspect if you email the club you played at (and if the bit about them cleaning up at other Opens is true) you won't be telling them something they don't already know. Doing it diplomatically might be a challenge!

I think it is fair game for a "whinge" on here, we've all stood at presentations and thought (or shouted out loud) "HOW MANY???!!" :)

IanMcC

Visit site
We played a mixed comp at Delamere Forest and the winners won with........53 points !!!!! (4BBB). I've never seen a score like it and although there have been some big scores reported on here but I can't remember one as good as this.

Any advance on 53.

PS ....we played with them. :eek:
My wife and I played in that comp that day. When I asked the lady what the high score was she said 53. I assumed she had made a mistake and she had meant 43!! :D:D

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm interested to hear how, people on here are accessing their handicap records and then posting it on here ? (is this misuse of the EG admin options that maybe some have above?).

The reason I ask is that I can not access any of theirs apart from seeing what club and what their handicap is?

Crazyface, if you believe they are cheating then surely the best option is to report it to their home club or Delemare/other clubs you are following them via and let them sort it out. :unsure:

I've posted about open competition results that are freely available on the www

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
In my eyes it's not up to the individual clubs to do something about it it should be the governing body. Lordy, we've all seen enough threads and posts on here about this, just this time I've seen it with my own eyes, twice, in a month. It's ridiculous.

Surely something could be done to peoples handicaps in pairs opens? Maybe a link to a central point that when players enter comps together and win, if they enter somewhere else together then their H/C are reduced as a pairing? It's just a database thing isn't it?

peld

Visit site
speaking of dodgy, there was an invitational member/guest at the weekend. Better ball pairs - 90% of 50% combined handicap.
Winners were off 18.0 playing HCP. The member is off 28, and i then work out the guest was off 12. Ive played with the member before and he isn't great.
Our East course is almost 7,000 yards off the whites, par 73.

So the winners, 28+12hcps, shot 75 GROSS, net 57.
FFS

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
"dissing them"? They deserved to be "dissed". I think you know what I want to say. And if you don't want to join in keep out.
If you really want action then get a full list of their achievements & send it to their Club & the County, asking if they are aware of these very outstanding achievements.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you really want action then get a full list of their achievements & send it to their Club & the County, asking if they are aware of these very outstanding achievements.
We did a few years ago with a few guys in Yorkshire, so it's not that difficult..... Suggest that the Club should be concerned about their H/cap not reflecting their achievements & give then 7 days to report ALL of their Away day results, then wait for it all to unfold.

Bobthesock

Visit site
Pairs is rubbish anyway, it's mainly for old people and women just having a lovely day out. People should stop playing on these events forcing clubs to hold more singles opens

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mid week comp and I shot 39 points with a thought of I might be in here, then a 23 hcp hits 51 points :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: my parade officially :poop: on.