Is This A Record?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
We played a mixed comp at Delamere Forest and the winners won with........53 points !!!!! (4BBB). I've never seen a score like it and although there have been some big scores reported on here but I can't remember one as good as this.

Any advance on 53.

PS ....we played with them. :eek:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There was a 50 pointer in a comp I played in earlier this year. We had 43 and 40 points and only came 4th. The winners improved from 36 in the morning to 50 in the afternoon

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
We had a pairs better all comp off full handicap a few weeks ago, won with 53 points.

My partner and I got 44 points and didn’t make the top 5

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
We got 97 points a couple of weeks ago

It was a waltz - team of 4, 1 then 2 then 3 to count ( then repeat). That was full handicap then reduced to 93 points when % of handicaps reduced.

Came second?

D-S

Visit site
We played a mixed comp at Delamere Forest and the winners won with........53 points !!!!! (4BBB). I've never seen a score like it and although there have been some big scores reported on here but I can't remember one as good as this.

Any advance on 53.

PS ....we played with them. :eek:

Was it 85% handicap allowance?

peld

Visit site
a normal stableford was won with 51 points at our place in 2019 on our shorter course. Guy off 24 shot 9 over par. His handicap was definitely incorrect looking at his other results (he is now off 19) but results either side were more normal.

There also scores of 49,48,47 through the last 2 years - all by 20+ hcps (one was off 32 ffs).
Also interesting they were all on the Wednesday comps where you sort your own times/partners.....

D

Deleted member 21258

How did they play ? Lots of lucky shots in there I assume ? or just gelled really well ?

Cracking score tho, bet they were buzzing.

What did you think of the course ? great views from the clubhouse looking out to the course at Delamere.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Once saw a 51 in singles. It was a very genuine 51. The guy had been a 5 day member for a couple of years. Lots of occasional golf + a few comps till he got 7 day membership. He scooped a bucketload that year but was in single figures by year end and Cat 1 not long after.

So yes a 53 in a 4bbb must be doable

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
How did they play ? Lots of lucky shots in there I assume ? or just gelled really well ?

Cracking score tho, bet they were buzzing.

What did you think of the course ? great views from the clubhouse looking out to the course at Delamere.

They were scary good for their H/C. I was past him on every drive, but he usually knocked it close or on with his second, and Delamere is piggin' long. No lucky shots anywhere!!! Him, a 16H/C got three birdies. She, a 43H/C hardly missed a beat all the way round. Only one bad drive on the 9th. Still made a 6 and took the hole!!!!! Most of the time she was on the card as he could only match her points score, except for the birdies. They were very chilled afterwards. I had alarm bells in my head from the very 1st hole.

Delamere was an amazing place. They did everything you would expect of a top course. A proper sign in place in reception. Mr Captain and Lady Captain on the first. Advice on the course. The greens were stunning. The course itself was wonderful. We will be back next year. Twice in fact. Once to play in the comp again and once to use our 2 ball voucher for winning on the raffle. Get in !!!!

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not quite as good but the Mizuno pairs comp at Llanymynech a couple of months ago saw the winners and runners up both scoring 51 points.

D-S

Visit site
They were scary good for their H/C. I was past him on every drive, but he usually knocked it close or on with his second, and Delamere is piggin' long. No lucky shots anywhere!!! Him, a 16H/C got three birdies. She, a 43H/C hardly missed a beat all the way round. Only one bad drive on the 9th. Still made a 6 and took the hole!!!!! Most of the time she was on the card as he could only match her points score, except for the birdies. They were very chilled afterwards. I had alarm bells in my head from the very 1st hole.

Delamere was an amazing place. They did everything you would expect of a top course. A proper sign in place in reception. Mr Captain and Lady Captain on the first. Advice on the course. The greens were stunning. The course itself was wonderful. We will be back next year. Twice in fact. Once to play in the comp again and once to use our 2 ball voucher for winning on the raffle. Get in !!!!

Delamere Forest is a cracking good test of golf. If a 16 h/c had 3 gross birdies and a 43 h/c even managed to get her ball round and they scored 51 points off 85% handicap sorry but something is wrong.
We had a 30 h/c win a medal with a net 63 but he had the round of his life with a 1,2,3,4,5,6, and three 7s on his card (the two was holing a 7 iron for an eagle) - truly the round of his life. If their round was merely ‘steady’ then I question the handicap. If this becomes typical then there is really no point in entering if you have to fundamentally both have to just about break the course record to win.