Is there a table detailing Handicap Vs . . .

ColinR

Head Pro
Visit site
Is there a table detailing Handicap Vs GIR, fairways, putts etc etc ?

I know there will be tolerances and everyones game is different, but it would be interesting to see, if it exists.

Cheers.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As with all stats be sceptical of the data you are analysing. I never kept stats but what helped me was playing 9 holes with a pro who just observed and asked the occasional question about what I was doing/thinking in playing a shot. At the end he crystallised my game better than a seasons stats could have. Give it a go, if you want to move to the next level it's a serious option, not to mind good fun!

Liqdaddymac

Head Pro
Visit site
If you are interested, this is 2.5 years worth of my stats in golfshot GPS, starting at 7hc and currently 4hc. There is one round in there from the first time I played Pennard in a hurricane and shot 106!

I play regularly with someone who plays of 17 but must be near 90% fairways hit.

Screenshot_2016-02-09-22-56-47.jpg
Screenshot_2016-02-09-22-57-00.jpg

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I play regularly with someone who plays of 17 but must be near 90% fairways hit.

Thems some decent numbers you are racking up chap!

Yeah I'm not saying keeping stats isn't valuable to yourself, what I mean is comparing your numbers to some averaged idea of how many FIRs an X handicapper would hit might be misleading. Like you say, some 17 h/cs hit far more FIRs than single figure guys who might miss the fairway a little left or right, but are 70 yards closer to the pin. Keep stats for fun, but for me if you want to lower your h/c you have to actually get better, and to do that plenty of us need help (if you're one of the lucky ones who can do it alone, I tip my cap).