Interview Tomorrow

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Hi All,

I have just had the phone-call I was expecting and have my interview at Gillingham Golf Club at 18:15 tomorrow.

I must confess to being excited and a little bit nervous also as I really want to get into this fine club.

Will let you all know how I get on when I get back tomorrow. Wish me luck folks!

Jon

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good luck.

Mine was pretty painless. Aside from checking that I wasn't a total muppet, they were mainly interested in making sure that I wanted to be part of the club and not just looking to pitch up, play and go home.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
you'll be fine mate, comments of yours that i've seen on here show you know what you're talking about, and demonstrate that you would be an asset to a golf club community. Good luck tomorrow.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yep, good luck gov.

I wore a shirt, tie,jacket and trousers to my first one. Gives all sorts of good messages without having to say anything.

If you come across as well tommorrow as you come across here you're laughing- and i'm confident you will.

If you're stuck for questions to ask them a useful idea is to base them around are questions that exhibit you have a good working knowledge on the game and procedure but don't quite know it all and are willing to be told.

example: you could ask them about their policy on spikes over cleats (as has been discussed here). It shows you know a bit about the relative merits and dismerits of both to the course. It shows you've thought about it and also that you are keen to seek advice for the better enjoyment of fellow members.

Others you might consider;

Golf insurance

The resident golf pro- lessons and methods

In house competitions or points of order concerning local OOB's

In fact John - pretty much anything you've ever contributed to on these pages and can therefore offer an intelligent opinion or pose an intelligent question on.

It's all just a subtle code and you already know it.

Enjoy

;)

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Good luck.

Mine was pretty painless. Aside from checking that I wasn't a total muppet, they were mainly interested in making sure that I wanted to be part of the club and not just looking to pitch up, play and go home.
In other words, they want people who will push some money over the bar.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good luck tomorrow Jon - not that you will need luck.

All they want to do is make sure that you are not an undesireable toe-rag, so be yourself and enjoy the experience. As others have said, they will probably at the end ask if you have any questions for them. Surprise them and ask a couple if given the opportunity - whether about cleats, practice facilities, inter club friendlies, how many medals/staplefords they have, etc.

Bone up on their dress code - definitely recommend jacket and tie.

Just remember that they want you to join (and take your money) :p.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not at all. They wanted people who would look to get involved in the competitions and teams and who would be willing to play a round with whoever and be an assett. Basically they were looking for people who wanted to join a club as opposed to being a member of a course.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Worth asking about booking (how to) for weekends (if you can get 7 day), and also if there are any swindles (shouldn't use this word, but can't think of the proper one) where you can get to meet a lot of members very quickly. Usually a couple at weekends, but may be a Tuesday evening one for instance which would be useful. Question shows you want to join in, and meet all the members, and is also useful info for you.

BunkerMentality123

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good luck mate....

Just be yourself, look interested in what they are saying and smile and nod in the right places.

Don't try and flog them a motor in the interview, at least wait until yr in the bar!!!!

I'm sure it will be a breeze.

PS: Looking forward to my invite!

:) :)

DCB

Visit site
Jon,

The committee know from your earlier post that you sort out pitch marks on the green, but, you will need to let them know that you do repair the divots taken out the pristine putting surface, when, in a moment of range after missing a putt, you slam your butter into the ground and curse loudly at your misfortune !

All the best tonight, talk to them straight and you'll have no problems at all.

DCB