• Vote to leave the UK

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Her tone of delivery throughout was one of a school teacher admonishing a misbehaving child. Completely condescending. As it happens I rather like Ms Davidson - and she was a very strong, coherent and intelligent Remain supporter.

Ahhh so you've come back to the brilliant line "it's not what you're saying, it's how you're saying it".

Would you ever admit thatyou're listening to any of her speeches in a somewhat biased way? Being both, pro exit, pro union, and a Tory, she is the complete anti-SILH.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Ahhh so you've come back to the brilliant line "it's not what you're saying, it's how you're saying it".

Would you ever admit thatyou're listening to any of her speeches in a somewhat biased way? Being both, pro exit, pro union, and a Tory, she is the complete anti-SILH.

How can 'condescending tone' not be anything other than how she says it?

And She isn't pro-Brexit - she is against it, but has found herself trying to lead her party and the country in that direction as that is what they and 'the people' want her to do. And I am not totally anti-Tory. Indeed I have friends who have admitted to voting Tory.

And as it happens - my father taught me at a very young age that - indeed - in many instances it is not what you say but how you say it that matters.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I never listened to it all either. But he opened up by asking the question 'why can't England just Kick -- Scotland -- Out'
I am not sure how that differs from England having a referendum on whether Scotland should leave (the UK)

As I'm sure you are well aware, there is a world of difference in the above.

As I said Hugh, we obviously heard different parts of the programme (or interpreted it differently). There are many, many reasons why England can't "just kick Scotland out" of the Union. The part of the debate I heard was - if there were a referendum/poll/show of hands/whatever you want to call it, how much support would there be in England for Scotland to leave. Semantics maybe, but a big difference in meaning.

Mountain and molehill come to mind :rolleyes:

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Both you(SWILH) and Delc are deliberately choosing to mix differing situations. Scotland benefits from the Union, but the UK will not benefit from the EU as the trends in policy are evident to anyone with an ounce of analytic ability can see.

The UK benefits from EU regional policy, Europol, the Erasmus project, Joint security arrangements, Scientific cooperation, common standards, free movement of goods and services, Customs Union, Airbus, EASA, European Common Skies arrangements, Environmental Standards, Workers Rights Protections, and many other things I can't think of right now! 😀

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
How can 'condescending tone' not be anything other than how she says it?

And She isn't pro-Brexit - she is against it, but has found herself trying to lead her party and the country in that direction as that is what they and 'the people' want her to do. And I am not totally anti-Tory. Indeed I have friends who have admitted to voting Tory.

And as it happens - my father taught me at a very young age that - indeed - in many instances it is not what you say but how you say it that matters.

She is now pro-Brexit in the same way that sinners become rabid Born Again Christians, ex-smokers become rabidly anti-smoking, and former alcoholics become strict teetotallers! 😀

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Her tone of delivery throughout was one of a school teacher admonishing a misbehaving child. Completely condescending. As it happens I rather like Ms Davidson - and she was a very strong, coherent and intelligent Remain supporter.

I can't imagine that her posh, plummy English accent went down at all well in Scotland!

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The UK benefits from EU regional policy, Europol, the Erasmus project, Joint security arrangements, Scientific cooperation, common standards, free movement of goods and services, Customs Union, Airbus, EASA, European Common Skies arrangements, Environmental Standards, Workers Rights Protections, and many other things I can't think of right now! 
:rofl:

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't imagine that her posh, plummy English accent went down at all well in Scotland!

Salmond for sure doesn't care much for Cockney... Still hell bent on punishing Londoners for whatever reason...

Think he gets confused between London folk and those that frequent the Palace of Westminster...

Think Portillo properly got up his [Salmonds] left nostril last week :thup:...

When he was Maggie's chief cheerleader I would've gladly shot him right between the eyes... But when he recently advocated taking on a greater national debt to solve the housing problem he became my new hero :D...

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

I guess it's down to each individual to interpret it as they feel. Personally, I didn't feel that at all.

I also thought the clear indication that many of the powers being taken back from Brussels would be passed to the devolved governments shows that Westminster and the Tories are happy to devolve powers to Scotland.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I guess it's down to each individual to interpret it as they feel. Personally, I didn't feel that at all.

I also thought the clear indication that many of the powers being taken back from Brussels would be passed to the devolved governments shows that Westminster and the Tories are happy to devolve powers to Scotland.

We are being told that Agriculture and fisheries will no longer be devolved......do you know any different.
Genuine question...no wind up.:thup:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
She is now pro-Brexit in the same way that sinners become rabid Born Again Christians, ex-smokers become rabidly anti-smoking, and former alcoholics become strict teetotallers! 😀

Naw...she clearly does not believe in what she is doing.......but managed to get a great job by swopping sides.
At least Farage gave us conviction even if he was totally misguided.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Naw...she clearly does not believe in what she is doing.......but managed to get a great job by swopping sides.
At least Farage gave us conviction even if he was totally misguided.
I think you misjudge her. She did indeed tow the Ministerial line during the lead up to the referendum but I dont believe she was a Remainer at heart. A bit like Corbyn.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You could be right, shocking display of ineptitude from Caroline Noakes.
I would have thought an under secretary would have at least a basic knowledge of her brief.

I agree, that doesn't make Mhari Black's mouthing right though. A bit of etiquette and professionalism doesn't go a miss especially when you are trying to do better for your electorate. Nonsense like that will still have people look at her as a "wee lassie out her depth" which I do believe she is.