• Vote to leave the UK

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Nice to see Reporting Scotland last night debunking the nonsense about a Spanish veto on Scotland's EU membership.
Has been known for a while, but nice for it to be clarified.

Another myth shot down.

Not a myth, nor debunking the nonsense.

June 29th 2016. Belgian Foreign Minister says that they would not support Scotland joining separately. Same date, the Spanish Prime Minister says that if the UK leaves the EU Scotland can't stay in under a separate deal.

Belgian Foreign Minister has since said that there is no reason why an independent Scotland can't apply to join the EU but that it wouldn't be fast tracked.

The Spanish Prime Minister has also since said that Scotland can apply to join the EU and would be fast tracked if it agreed to the Common Fisheries policy.

No myth, no debunking nonsense. Just EU politicians changing their mind.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Still nice to see it reported on the news.

Nice to see some common sense prevailing. The EU will need a relationship with the UK just as the UK, whole or in parts, needs a reasonable relationship with the EU. And if part of the UK feels strongly enough to go it alone and become a member of the EU, so be it.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not a myth, nor debunking the nonsense.

June 29th 2016. Belgian Foreign Minister says that they would not support Scotland joining separately. Same date, the Spanish Prime Minister says that if the UK leaves the EU Scotland can't stay in under a separate deal.

Belgian Foreign Minister has since said that there is no reason why an independent Scotland can't apply to join the EU but that it wouldn't be fast tracked.

The Spanish Prime Minister has also since said that Scotland can apply to join the EU and would be fast tracked if it agreed to the Common Fisheries policy.

No myth, no debunking nonsense. Just EU politicians changing their mind.

Not a myth :confused: apart from the fact that all the Unionist press and media.....basically all the British press and media..........have been very shouty to the Scottish Government about the Spanish veto for the last 6 months.

Not to mention the usual suspects on here:whistle:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not a myth :confused: apart from the fact that all the Unionist press and media.....basically all the British press and media..........have been very shouty to the Scottish Government about the Spanish veto for the last 6 months.

The Belgian and Spanish did not change their mind that long ago so perhaps the media and the usual suspects were right when they said it.

It appears the SNP first minister has changed her view even though she signed an official paper saying something completely different when she was deputy.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Hahahahahahaha...... I read both stories in the same media. That's not like you Doon, to be cynical and dismissive of the truth.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hahahahahahaha...... I read both stories in the same media. That's not like you Doon, to be cynical and dismissive of the truth.

I think there was probably a bit of a time lap between the stories you read though.

The Unionist press work on the theory that a repetitive lie eventually become the truth to it's elderly readers.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I think there was probably a bit of a time lap between the stories you read though.

The Unionist press work on the theory that a repetitive lie eventually become the truth to it's elderly readers.

Obviously! You're hardly likely to see "Spain will veto" at the top of the page followed by "Spain welcomes" half way down.

Glad I don't qualify as elderly yet. But guessing you're the wrong side of 27 how come you don't believe it?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
While I think she is a nasty wee thingie....

I think Scotland actually has a right to a second Referendum. The majority of Scots wanted to stay in Europe. The landscape post Brexit is sufficiently different to warrant it.

... Scotland will rise to prominence in the post Brexit, Frexit and Nexit EU !

...............................as a net contributor!! Good luck Jimmy! :D

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
While I think she is a nasty wee thingie....

I think Scotland actually has a right to a second Referendum. The majority of Scots wanted to stay in Europe. The landscape post Brexit is sufficiently different to warrant it.

... Scotland will rise to prominence in the post Brexit, Frexit and Nexit EU !

...............................as a net contributor!! Good luck Jimmy! :D

I don't think they have a right, as it was a UK vote, but I think it is the right thing to do as Scotland clearly voted very differently to England and Wales.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sturgeon doesn't want a compromise. She wants her way and her way alone. She sounds like the RMT this morning, "we want to talk and discuss" but only if the others agree to what they want.

Personally I want the referendum and I want Scotland to leave the union. I am phenomenally bored of hearing the constant whining and blame game so please just leave.

Incidentally, if the people of Scotland vote to stay again, who is next in line at the SNP to replace Sturgeon when she has to resign? Genuine question, I only know her and Salmond.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Sturgeon doesn't want a compromise. She wants her way and her way alone. She sounds like the RMT this morning, "we want to talk and discuss" but only if the others agree to what they want.

Personally I want the referendum and I want Scotland to leave the union. I am phenomenally bored of hearing the constant whining and blame game so please just leave.

Incidentally, if the people of Scotland vote to stay again, who is next in line at the SNP to replace Sturgeon when she has to resign? Genuine question, I only know her and Salmond.

Do you know what...I agree with this sentiment.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

SNP has quite a few young and experienced front benchers.
Auld John Swinney blew the two main opposition party leaders out of the water when taking FMQ in Nicola's absence last week.
What makes you think Nicola would resign if the Scottish Government lose the vote ? She has a huge popularity rating.

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The one that the Tories had in their 2015 GE manifesto - to safeguard the UK's interests in the single market.

That's the compromise she was after.
Thanks for confirming that SILH. How do you suppose that would have been possible? Or is this a "compromise" that is only achieved by staying in the EU? If it's not overly feasible, can it be considered a fair compromise? I could shout all day for what I want - does it count as not being compromised if what I say is unreasonable?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What compromise deal were you after? (you being Scotland)

It has been well documented......look it up if you have not been paying attention.

Strange that a compromise deal is GIVEN to a Japanese car manufacturer in NE England but not even discussed with Scotland.
Details of the car deal have been requested by the Scottish Government but refused by Westminster.