Votes: 43 47.3%
  • Vote to leave the UK

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters
D

Deleted Member 1156

Sturgeon is adamant that she will push for a 2nd referendum vote in Scotland so if it happens, what do you think the result will be?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Haven't they not long had one :mmm:

Yes we did, but the main scaremongering was that if Scotland went Indy it couldn't still be part of the EU if it broke from the UK. Low and behold... we are now out the EU anyway.

I think it will go the other way next time, but not sure how we pay for it with the current situation.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
"Out damned spot! Out I say." And then there's something about "murky" but its 52 years since I did Macbeth.

Edit!! Its obviously a long time since I did maths too. Its 42 years...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Note that she's not saying she'll trigger a referendum - she's initiating drafting of a Bill for a referendum and what happens over the next two years, particularly in respect of UK engagement with the single market, will determine whether or not she considers triggering a request for a referendum.

I suspect that it is no coincidence that in the post today we got a return post-paid SNP survey seeking our attitude in respect of independence. What's important - what's not.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are we voting on how we think a vote would go or how we want it to?

Unlikely to be the same answer for me, I fear.

I suspect an awful lot of people south of the border will have this view. There is only so long you can listen to someone moaning and playing the blame game without feeling you have had enough. Time to move on.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I suspect an awful lot of people south of the border will have this view. There is only so long you can listen to someone moaning and playing the blame game without feeling you have had enough. Time to move on.

Its amazing how many people I know south of the border are saying let the whinging.... go. Decent Unionists are getting tarred with the same brush. Equally, there's a huge lump of people who don't care.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Because it was so close last time, l think Brexit will be enough to swing it the other way if there is a "next time". But what do l know? I was convinced we'd vote to stay in Europe.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
I think they might. Can't see many who voted Yes last time changing their mind based on what they've seen since. It then takes around 1 in 10 of the No supporters to switch and it's game on.....that's still quite a big swing though so not sure they'll actually go for it tbh.

One thing's for sure, given the Brexit vote there'll be no Westminster machine supporting the "better together" tagline :eek: