• Vote to leave the UK

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Will I need a passport to play St. Andrews ?

Will we have border police on Hadrians wall ?

Can Donald trump be Scottish president ?

We should do the opposite to what we do over the bridge into Wales, we should have free entry into Scotland as we'll be spending loads and a small toll of less than £5 to get out, but for Scottish Nationals it should be thousands to get out and come sarf but those already here it's free to get them back in snigger.gif

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Let's have new elections just for all the seats the SNP won at the last election. I mean, I don't like the result they gave so perhaps we can run it again to see what happens this time.

She is an utter embarrassment to politics (which takes some doing). The hell with democracy - it's my ball and I'm in charge of who plays with it. Err no love, you're not.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Let's have new elections just for all the seats the SNP won at the last election. I mean, I don't like the result they gave so perhaps we can run it again to see what happens this time.

She is an utter embarrassment to politics (which takes some doing). The hell with democracy - it's my ball and I'm in charge of who plays with it. Err no love, you're not.

Cracking post!

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've changed my mind. If there is indyref2 the nats will win it. Not because the appetite for independence is there at the moment but because they know not to call one until they're sure they will win.

I've just seen Nicola sturgeons conference speech and it was brilliant. She totally nailed the tories and brexit and even spun how Scotland in the U.K. and also Europe might look and, failing that, how we'd be better off independent. I don't believe a word of it but it sounded good. If they decide to go for indyref2 she'll win it pretty comfortably I think.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm not convinced yet, I do in my heart of hearts think another vote would be a yes for independence but a colleague today said something that made me think. He voted for independence as he would like an independent Scotland with eu membership and the £ but this time independence and eu membership will result in the Euro and a propping up of other countries financial mistakes, that is not for him, I also think a switch to the euro may be enough for many to say NO also

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I've changed my mind. If there is indyref2 the nats will win it. Not because the appetite for independence is there at the moment but because they know not to call one until they're sure they will win.

I've just seen Nicola sturgeons conference speech and it was brilliant. She totally nailed the tories and brexit and even spun how Scotland in the U.K. and also Europe might look and, failing that, how we'd be better off independent. I don't believe a word of it but it sounded good. If they decide to go for indyref2 she'll win it pretty comfortably I think.

Exactly. The Bill being drafted will be on the shelf until the polls say consistently that a good majority want a referendum. Of course lots of NOers might just say they want one soon to get the majority NicolaS wants - then vote No.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm not convinced yet, I do in my heart of hearts think another vote would be a yes for independence but a colleague today said something that made me think. He voted for independence as he would like an independent Scotland with eu membership and the £ but this time independence and eu membership will result in the Euro and a propping up of other countries financial mistakes, that is not for him, I also think a switch to the euro may be enough for many to say NO also

But what of the financial cost to Scotland if a yes vote came about, are the people up there being told that, or is it all a bit emotive?

By all accounts Scotland ran up a £15bn deficit twice that of the UK which meant had the yes vote gone through last time, taxes on Whiskey, Homes, Petrol etc would have been a given and the forecasts are that it will be 3 times that of the UK! Apparently the no vote kept your deficit at £1400 per head, but the forecasters state if it had been yes you would be at £2,850 per head, £2k more than the UK!

And what of the cost to change your whole monetary system, who's paying for that? and I thought Brussels said you couldn't join them if you voted for independence?

She's a good speaker there's no denying that, but I think she'll bring your country to its knees for the sakes of her own pride and mission and she won't be around to pick up the pieces, she'll probably bugger off somewhere sunny then!

chippa1909

Head Pro
Visit site
But what of the financial cost to Scotland if a yes vote came about, are the people up there being told that, or is it all a bit emotive?

By all accounts Scotland ran up a £15bn deficit twice that of the UK which meant had the yes vote gone through last time, taxes on Whiskey, Homes, Petrol etc would have been a given and the forecasts are that it will be 3 times that of the UK! Apparently the no vote kept your deficit at £1400 per head, but the forecasters state if it had been yes you would be at £2,850 per head, £2k more than the UK!

And what of the cost to change your whole monetary system, who's paying for that? and I thought Brussels said you couldn't join them if you voted for independence?

She's a good speaker there's no denying that, but I think she'll bring your country to its knees for the sakes of her own pride and mission and she won't be around to pick up the pieces, she'll probably bugger off somewhere sunny then!

Perhaps you need to look into things a bit more deeply.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
GERS are estimated figures based on Scotland IN the UK, with the constraints that entails,not independent of it.

Do you actually know what the GERS report is and who produces it?

It has absolutely nothing to do with in or out. It's a financial statement just like you receive from your bank.

D

Deleted member 15344

You just keep believing that Scotland is too poor my friend.

Maybe provide something to counter the argument ?

Why are Scotland struggling financially to the point they required further billions to help them out ? Why did Scotland run up such a big deficit ?

chippa1909

Head Pro
Visit site
Maybe provide something to counter the argument ?

Why are Scotland struggling financially to the point they required further billions to help them out ? Why did Scotland run up such a big deficit ?

Why do you think it only comes down to money?

It's more about aesthetics as far as I'm concerned. The UK isn't a particularly pleasant or appealing prospect.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's not Sturgeon's or the Scottish Parliament's right to hold an election. May has already indicated that Scotland had their referendum and it was a decision for a generation.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The bit that is difficult for me to understand is......... if Scotland is such a drain on the UK finances why is virtually everyone in the rUK so desperate to keep us.
Could it be that the financial figures produced by Westminster are not what they appear to be. Surely not.

The joke up here is that in Indyref2 David Davis will scaremonger us by saying that we will have to remain with the £ as our currency.:lol:

As Chippa says, it is not about the money.
Many Scots would be happy to pay a bit more to the state to have a more equal society. Tories are becoming even more Toxic.