Votes: 39 42.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
It seems a bit strange to me that Mrs May is arguing that Scotland is better off remaining in a larger Union (UK), but the whole UK isn't (EU)! 🙄

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Are you worried Scotland is becoming a 1 party nation?

Please don't tell me you live in Scotland and are unaware that the SNP do not have a majority at Holyrood.
The voting system is designed so one party will not dominate.
Only a handful of non SNP MSP's are elected, the rest are list members.

If you want to view a one party state try Westminster.

This makes interesting reading.
https://www.snp.org/record

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Please don't tell me you live in Scotland and are unaware that the SNP do not have a majority at Holyrood.

Interesting in what way. It has all been subsidised by the rest of the UK.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

It is a fantastic record. But it doesn't mention anything about the deficit of £14.9 billion and a GDP of 9.5%. A worse deficit than Greece, and way beyond the 4.5% requirement to join the EU.

Is that a record to be proud of?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It is a fantastic record. But it doesn't mention anything about the deficit of £14.9 billion and a GDP of 9.5%. A worse deficit than Greece, and way beyond the 4.5% requirement to join the EU.

Is that a record to be proud of?

I am more confident that Scotland can sort it's finances out as an independent country that I am of Scotland shackled to the huge debt of the UK.
Most of the money that Scotland raises is used to service that Westminster debt.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am more confident that Scotland can sort it's finances out as an independent country that I am of Scotland shackled to the huge debt of the UK.
Most of the money that Scotland raises is used to service that Westminster debt.
Scotland has added more proportionally to that debt than any of the other UK countries. Did you read Hobbits post and then just ignore the facts in it?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Really? Do you have facts to back that up? Or is it a finger in the wind?

Tax revenue in Scotland has dropped from £54 billion to £43 billion, actually its at £42.360 billion, courtesy of the drop in oil revenue. Spending is at £63 billion!!!

Scotland receives more than Wales and England per head, and very marginally less than NI. And when there's a disaster, like the flooding around Aberdeen last winter or the bird flu epidemic several years ago, the extra money comes from Westminster, and is on top of the Barnett return and the locally raised taxes.

Wake up man. By all means go for independence, and I'll vote for it too, but do it with your eyes open. SNP spending will ruin Scotland. And if you've gained independence and are part of the EU, Germany will dictate how the country is run, just like Greece.

Scotland as an independent country, yes. Scotland as an independent country governed by the SNP and their frivolous spending, you're having a major belly laugh.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Really? Do you have facts to back that up? Or is it a finger in the wind?

Tax revenue in Scotland has dropped from £54 billion to £43 billion, actually its at £42.360 billion, courtesy of the drop in oil revenue. Spending is at £63 billion!!!

Scotland receives more than Wales and England per head, and very marginally less than NI. And when there's a disaster, like the flooding around Aberdeen last winter or the bird flu epidemic several years ago, the extra money comes from Westminster, and is on top of the Barnett return and the locally raised taxes.

Wake up man. By all means go for independence, and I'll vote for it too, but do it with your eyes open. SNP spending will ruin Scotland. And if you've gained independence and are part of the EU, Germany will dictate how the country is run, just like Greece.

Scotland as an independent country, yes. Scotland as an independent country governed by the SNP and their frivolous spending, you're having a major belly laugh.

Tax revenue is a dogs dinner.....as Scottish exports from English air and sea ports are not registered as Scottish.
I believe that when things get sorted we will be in a much stronger position than folk think.
Why do you think the rUK are desperate to keep us on board if we are a such financial basket case.
We are similar to the likes of Denmark/New Zealand/ Norway etc and they seem to be doing much better that the UK [pro rata]

We have a GERW and a GERS so why is there not an GERE figure.....what are they hiding with their dodgy bookkeeping

BTW it is not Westminster's money it is the UK's money. [or lack of money to be more precise]

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Tax revenue is a dogs dinner.....as Scottish exports from English air and sea ports are not registered as Scottish.
I believe that when things get sorted we will be in a much stronger position than folk think.
Why do you think the rUK are desperate to keep us on board if we are a such financial basket case.
We are similar to the likes of Denmark/New Zealand/ Norway etc and they seem to be doing much better that the UK [pro rata]

We have a GERW and a GERS so why is there not an GERE figure.....what are they hiding with their dodgy bookkeeping

BTW it is not Westminster's money it is the UK's money. [or lack of money to be more precise]

Westminster decides where the money goes.

However, the maths is simple. Tax money in, money spent, +20% of exports(vat etc minus whisky duty, which already shows in Scotland's number). So what is the tax on £11.4 billion of exports from Scotland through British ports... 20%?

If you want to continue to believe the hype fed to you, crack on. All the numbers are readily available but it just suit the Indey's argument not to highlight them.

The desperate to keep onboard is quite simple. Which party would want to be in power when the Union breaks up, just like which party wants to be in power when the NHS finally breaks...?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well, I got as far as, "The UK is a unitary state to which Scotland belongs as a possession." It isn't a possession but it suits the idiots to say it is.

Maybe if a Scot asked a Greek how much they enjoyed being ruled by the EU they might have a better idea of the truth, but it still wouldn't suit their agenda to believe it.

It is a possession now that the Sewell commission has been rendered useless.
We are stuck with this forever.
http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-fine-print/#comments