• Vote to leave the UK

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Express is fading fast, lower circulation figures than the P&J and the Courier.
I wonder why?

A bit of spin for you just to make a suggestion as to why, even though I haven't got a clue.

Every papers circulation is dropping courtesy of reading the paper on a tablet/computer/ipad. I read several 'newspapers' every day, none of which via a hard copy.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A bit of spin for you just to make a suggestion as to why, even though I haven't got a clue.

Every papers circulation is dropping courtesy of reading the paper on a tablet/computer/ipad. I read several 'newspapers' every day, none of which via a hard copy.

Bri, there is far too much common sense in that post for certain posters to understand

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Not so The Scottish Times and FT newspapers are increasing sales in Scotland.

The Scottish Times is probably Scotland's the most neutrally political publication.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Not so The Scottish Times and FT newspapers are increasing sales in Scotland.

The Scottish Times is probably Scotland's the most neutrally political publication.

I must get a copy of the Scottish Times... I'll add it to my subscription list for the ipad, if they do an electronic copy.

A rhetorical question; does a neutral newspaper only appear neutral to those who are aligned to its mindset?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I think most folk know the meaning of neutral.

OK, I'll put it another way, as you seem to have missed the point. There's the odd paper mentioned in here occasionally that I think is relatively neutral but other people have slated it. One person's neutral is obviously another person's rabid red top/broadsheet.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you are going to post inflammatory posts please keep up to date.
This incident is days old and Nicola Sturgeon has apologised for the comments made by the MSP.
Sorry to disappoint you.

I wrote nothing inflammatory in my post just publish a link to a newspaper. Compared to the bloggs you write and publish links to it was mild.

Do you think the SNP support the enquiry.

Last edited:

chippa1909

Head Pro
Visit site
So are you saying it's simply a case of asking and being excepted, I don't think so, otherwise why all the fuss now!

If there are a host of countries that need to obtain and reach certain criterias to obtain membership then that surely creates a queue? I'd say Scotland are from 1st choice and there are very few arms being held out saying, 'come and join us'?

A politician being asked to be honest to its electorate, that'll be a first!

Official figures show Scotland's deficit is the highest in the EU at 9.5 per cent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP), behind Greece on 7.2 per cent and Spain on 5.1 per cent. Brussels penalises countries and doesn't want members under 3.0, so how are Scotland going to address the £15b deficit they have to be considered?

Surely they'd also have to adopt the Euro then, that won't be cheap to implement, I think it all looks a bit boom & bust to me!

I can't see them ever being accepted personally from what I've read & watched, they just don't tick any boxes and is all just a rabble rousing pipe dream.

The deficit criteria applies to countries applying to join the Euro, not the EU.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Google 'Farage rant' and choose from many pages:confused:
Tried that but N0, cant find him 'Ranting 'anywhere :confused:

Farage is a very good orator, just because what he says is not to your liking doesn't make it ranting. I would put it to you that the manner in which he makes his political speeches is no different than the likes of Sturgeon, May, Cameron or Junker. He is passionate in his conviction but to me 'Ranting' is when someone becomes very load/shouty/aggressive/angry, I can find no evidence of him using these tactics. Maybe if you would like to defend the accusation you could show me some proof of him 'Ranting' rather than simply ask me to google it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Okay, hypothetically, Scotland wins independant, we ask to join the EU, they say yes, how long would this process take and how much will membership cost us ?

Good question that has been passed over. I googled it and came to the EU own page. There is no timeframe as you basically need to meet all rules and regs. In Scotland's case that should be pretty simple as I assume they already meet them.

The difficulty comes in the need to adopt the Euro, meet the financial requirements. They would also need to negotiate the amount Scotland would have to pay, in particular as Scotland would look to take out more than they pay in. That would take some sorting out.

In short, it could be very simple other than for the economic situation.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Good question that has been passed over. I googled it and came to the EU own page. There is no timeframe as you basically need to meet all rules and regs. In Scotland's case that should be pretty simple as I assume they already meet them.

The difficulty comes in the need to adopt the Euro, meet the financial requirements. They would also need to negotiate the amount Scotland would have to pay, in particular as Scotland would look to take out more than they pay in. That would take some sorting out.

In short, it could be very simple other than for the economic situation.

:rofl:
Nothing new there then!