• Vote to leave the UK

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
An independent Scotland needs all 27 as supporters. It would have a bigger problem getting support of the newer Eastern 'bloc' members than changing the mind of France and Spain. It was these members that frustrated the trade deal with Canada and its mates.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Discussions can happen... just imagine

Nicola says. Och.. "how much cash can you give me for my social welfare agenda"

Angela replies... "You're having a laugh love!" "We're skint as old socks...we were hoping you'd be coughing up what the UK once did!"

Nicola then says, "you can have a CRACKERJACK pencil" 😜

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
An independent Scotland needs all 27 as supporters. It would have a bigger problem getting support of the newer Eastern 'bloc' members than changing the mind of France and Spain. It was these members that frustrated the trade deal with Canada and its mates.

Do you think? I expect they'd be quite keen to re-establish free movement of their people to come here.

Can't believe all the doom and gloom on this subject. I'm fiercely against independence but really can't believe we'd have trouble joining the EU. Whether Nicola etc would choose to rejoin is another matter, most of the brexit posturing is just to drive a wedge between us to get their indy goal.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Do you think? I expect they'd be quite keen to re-establish free movement of their people to come here.

Can't believe all the doom and gloom on this subject. I'm fiercely against independence but really can't believe we'd have trouble joining the EU. Whether Nicola etc would choose to rejoin is another matter, most of the brexit posturing is just to drive a wedge between us to get their indy goal.

I don't disagree with the sentiment but it will boil down to hard cash at the end of the day and Scotlands spending against GDP isn't pretty reading

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
To be fair there are also 'extremists' on the remain side who also told their fair share of porkie-pies before the referendum and continue to rant and rave against the decision to leave the EU.

I'm no admirer of Farage's politics (he is like Trump in that he isn't a career politician) but I do respect the fact that he isn't afraid to say what he thinks and is prepared to give an answer to a question. Unfortunately politicians nowadays don't do that which is why there is so much ill-feeling towards the political establishment.

As for Scottish Independence, ultimately I cannot see the Westminster Government agreeing to another one anytime soon and certainly not before we have exited the EU. Obviously this is potentially dangerous for the SNP if EU Exit is not as bad as some fear as it could see their support dwindle, particularly if the administration of their devolved responsibilities takes a turn for the worse; or Labour gets their act together and start to become a serious opposition.

Yes - but rabid Remain supporters don;t exactly rant on the way, or use quite the sort of language, that Farage does. He does wind me up, but I can mostly laugh at his rantings, and in the context of an IndyRef2 maybe he does it deliberately.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes - but rabid Remain supporters don;t exactly rant on the way, or use quite the sort of language, that Farage does. He does wind me up, but I can mostly laugh at his rantings, and in the context of an IndyRef2 maybe he does it deliberately.
I cant say I have ever heard Farage 'Rant' or 'Rage'

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

So you haven't ranted in recent days? Really? Really, really? I see no difference between your behaviour, along with Delc's, and Farage's, albeit on a different side of the fence.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
To be fair there are also 'extremists' on the remain side who also told their fair share of porkie-pies before the referendum and continue to rant and rave against the decision to leave the EU.

I'm no admirer of Farage's politics (he is like Trump in that he isn't a career politician) but I do respect the fact that he isn't afraid to say what he thinks and is prepared to give an answer to a question. Unfortunately politicians nowadays don't do that which is why there is so much ill-feeling towards the political establishment.

As for Scottish Independence, ultimately I cannot see the Westminster Government agreeing to another one anytime soon and certainly not before we have exited the EU. Obviously this is potentially dangerous for the SNP if EU Exit is not as bad as some fear as it could see their support dwindle, particularly if the administration of their devolved responsibilities takes a turn for the worse; or Labour gets their act together and start to become a serious opposition.

Why is Nigel Farage not a career politician? He is an elected MEP and has stood as a candidate in several UK elections! He also spent a number of years as the UKIP Party leader.

Last edited: