Settle this for me - it's impossible right?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
If you dropped the ball from two inches - directky above the post, it might stop there one in a hundred times. Theres no way a ball with a changing trajectory, travelling at speed, has come to rest there.

It never happened.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is it in the hazard or not?
You tell me ;)

A ball is in a penalty area when any part of the ball lies on or touches the ground or anything else (such as any natural or artificial object) inside the edge of the penalty area,

When defined by stakes, the edge of the penalty area is defined by the line between the outside points of the stakes at ground level, and the stakes are inside the penalty area.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Saw this on a Facebook group.

View attachment 53589

To my mind that is physically impossible to end up there. Perhaps a billion to one chance - but I just don't buy it. They revealed on another comment that none of them saw it actually land there, they just walked up and found it like that. If they're not just on the wind up, I've argued that the most likely scenario is that some troublemaker placed it there and then scarpered before they saw him. Rather than the ball defying the laws of physics. They're adamant that wasn't it though. What do we think??
I would have to think that's more unlikely than my all-time sketchy lie.

Does anybody remember the huge Lincoln Continental four-door open cars of the 1960s--
the ones with the butterfly opening doors?
Back in the mid-1980s, with my young son [he's fifty, now] with me, pulling my trolley,
I hit my approach shot to the 18th green into the parking lot,
and, on one bounce, into the back seat of the Lincoln, which was baking in the sun with its top down.

The leather interior appointments had a tufted pattern with buttons in each of the tufts.
Rather than rolling to the backrest
which would have constituted an unplayable lie,
my Top Flite came to rest in one of the tufts, on top of a button.

We wore steel spikes in those days, so obviously,
I removed my shoes.
There wasn't much room for a stance there in the back seat, much less a swing,
so I didn't reach the green, but at least I reached the grass.

Unfortunately, I not only double-bogied the hole, always a disappointing finish,
but I also loosed the button from the leather seat.

No serious harm done, however, since those were the days before security cameras.

Still, the photo above looks even more unlikely.