• Vote to leave the UK

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Doon, what gap do you think the SNP will want before they look for another vote? 5 points consistently over a 3-5 month period or will they want more?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Doon, what gap do you think the SNP will want before they look for another vote? 5 points consistently over a 3-5 month period or will they want more?

I don't think they will go until 2020/21.
If the Tories/UKIP alliance look like winning the next election it will be an absolute shoe in for Independence.
By then I think the Yes vote should have a consistent 5-10 point lead.

The Naw vote is heavily age related......the over 65's are the strongest Unionist group whilst the under 40's are the weakest.
The joke is that a couple of cold winters will be enough.

This poll was a ball breaker........quite a few Yes/No voters will have changed sides because of Brexit.
38% of Scots who voted were in favour of Leave.

IMVHO of course;)

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't think they will go until 2020/21.
If the Tories/UKIP alliance look like winning the next election it will be an absolute shoe in for Independence.
By then I think the Yes vote should have a consistent 5-10 point lead.

The Naw vote is heavily age related......the over 65's are the strongest Unionist group whilst the under 40's are the weakest.
The joke is that a couple of cold winters will be enough.

This poll was a ball breaker........quite a few Yes/No voters will have changed sides because of Brexit.
38% of Scots who voted were in favour of Leave.

IMVHO of course;)

Have you got the actual figures without the Don't Knows removed?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Have you got the actual figures without the Don't Knows removed?

Had a search but cant find it.
Britain Elects site.

I did here some 'expert' say that the folk who changed sides more or less balanced out and that Labour seem to be leaking loads of supporters to SNP/Tories in equal numbers.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Interesting this (albeit I don't follow regularly and with the usual caveats around use of polls) but I expected that Yes would be at least level by now. Only based on what I see/read and my feeling post Brexit that it would be a shoe in I guess but I am surprised (pleasantly ;)).

What the pollsters will say is that they are level given the bounds of uncertainty they work to - which I believe is always 2%

But as you say - usual caveat in respect of polls full stop.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I think a hard Brexit coupled with the economic dip around the exit time could create that perfect storm for independence.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I think a hard Brexit coupled with the economic dip around the exit time could create that perfect storm for independence.

Add into the mix a Labour Party under Corbyn still in a mess - and UKIP taking Labour and Tory seats in bye-elections. The Scottish electorate may well simply ask themselves what likelihood anything but a Tory Westminster government for the foreseeable future...2020, 2025, 2030? Incredible as that might seem.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Add into the mix a Labour Party under Corbyn still in a mess - and UKIP taking Labour and Tory seats in bye-elections. The Scottish electorate may well simply ask themselves what likelihood anything but a Tory Westminster government for the foreseeable future...2020, 2025, 2030? Incredible as that might seem.
That would still be a better option for Scotland than the wastelands they would inhabit if they went it alone.