• Vote to leave the UK

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That's grossly unfair on Sturgeon, and a typical redtop banner headline. The link is so tenuous, and she's probably not(never) seen him for years.

I loved her take on it.....I'm more closely related to The Queen than that guy.:)

What a plum ... and his family seem to be totally ashamed of him. Next visit home will be interesting.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm glad you posted that as I have been dumb-struck that the question was asked. As I have said before - if you want evidence just listen to LBC at 7pm any weekday night and you'll hear the guy. Then you'll never need to ask the question again.

Great comment on Wings today.........'The more this year goes on the more I feel I am living in a rejected Two Ronnies Sketch.'

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm glad you posted that as I have been dumb-struck that the question was asked. As I have said before - if you want evidence just listen to LBC at 7pm any weekday night and you'll hear the guy. Then you'll never need to ask the question again.
What do you consider someone 'Ranting' to be? I have looked at many of the speeches he has given and I would not say any of them could be seen as 'Ranting' He makes his point very clearly and with conviction, if you consider that as Ranting then I suggest you are confusing it with someone who is stating an opinion you disagree with. So I ask the question again, show me some evidence of him Ranting.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
What do you consider someone 'Ranting' to be? I have looked at many of the speeches he has given and I would not say any of them could be seen as 'Ranting' He makes his point very clearly and with conviction, if you consider that as Ranting then I suggest you are confusing it with someone who is stating an opinion you disagree with. So I ask the question again, show me some evidence of him Ranting.

His radio programme is not a speech - I get the feeling you don't actually want to listen to him on LBC in case you realise (actually have to admit) just what a fanatic he is.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
SILH - Apart from attacking SR and expressing your dislike of the Brexit vote and hatred of Farage perhaps you could explain what relevance it has to a 2nd independence vote in Scotland?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
SILH - Apart from attacking SR and expressing your dislike of the Brexit vote and hatred of Farage perhaps you could explain what relevance it has to a 2nd independence vote in Scotland?

I don't attack @SR - I may well disagree with him - but I don't attack. And I don't 'hate' anyone. I'd have thought that would be obvious me being what I have heard referred to as a 'christian liberal'. Besides - 'Hate' is a self-destructive emotion and to be avoided at all costs.

And I mentioned Farage because on his LBC programme (last Monday evening I think) before the Art50 vote he was slamming the SNP MPs and others as 'enemies of the people' and 'enemies of democracy' and supported and encouraged callers who tiook the same view. If you want to drive 'on the fence' Scottish voters into the YES camp (note that not all SNP voters voted YES) Farage ranting on about SNP MPs being 'enemies of..' will do that.

Farage , Nuttall and UKIP are an existential threat to the Union - maybe that's their game

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I am traveling down to the South of England next month........do the shopkeepers/taxi drivers etc still accept Scottish notes ?

It's also a good one - many smaller shops will look at them very curiously and you can get some reluctance - but they'll generally be accepted (can't remember last time I was refused)

My dad used to bring a good supply of Scottish bank notes with him when he came to visit us as he enjoyed the 'banter' he'd have when shopkeepers questioned their validity :)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Difficult to get BoE notes in Scotland now.
I have only been refused once, in a gift shop, I said that's a pity and started to walk away and they suddenly changed their mind.
As you say though Hogan, you generally do get lots of funny looks......... [south of Preston only of course]

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Difficult to get BoE notes in Scotland now.
I have only been refused once, in a gift shop, I said that's a pity and started to walk away and they suddenly changed their mind.
As you say though Hogan, you generally do get lots of funny looks......... [south of Preston only of course]

Go to your local bank and ask for them, you'll get them no problem.