I'm playing a new course for the first time... (Rolling thread)

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got the joy of hacking up The Dukes and Marquis on Friday with a lunch to be had in between. Never played Woburn, so Should be fun.

D

Deleted member 17920

Played two new courses recently and forgot to add to the thread.Longcliffe near Loughborough.Open team comp,

£22.50 each and worth every penny, it really is a lovely course, shame the heavens opened from the 5th and the back 9 was unplayable but we did complete our round, would I go back?A 100% yes and I may organise a forum meet as some point there.

2nd course Whittington Heath last week.Open comp £35 each inc 2 course meal, now that was value for money, what a shame that HS2 will be going straight through it and the course will change forever.

Really nice heathland course although it played like a parkland course due the amount of rain we have had.

Really enjoyed it.Some pictures below.WH1.jpgWH2.jpgWH1.jpgWH3.jpg

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Playing Rothley Park in Leicestershire tomorrow, any tips gladly received.

Apparently they have their own Amens corner?

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Played two new courses recently and forgot to add to the thread.Longcliffe near Loughborough.Open team comp,

Playing Rothley Park in Leicestershire tomorrow, any tips gladly received.

Now that's a bit Twilight Zone. Living up in Lancashire the East Midlands isn't an area I get to very often....then two consecutive posts mention the only two courses I have played in the whole of the area!!

Thought both were excellent btw.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
A few new courses coming up in July/Aug:
Sherwood Forest next Thurs/Fri in the England Golf Union Seniors, (2Blue and Crow also playing)

Coventry Mid July.

Exeter 36 hole MidAm 28th July, then next day Burnham & Berrow MidAm.
Then in August, playing Tandridge in another EGU Seniors.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Playing Vale Royal Abbey in Northwich on Saturday, anyone played there before?

Yeah, quite a decent course that has gone under the radar, although we only paid £20 on tee off times.

Quite marshy in places (not the fairways) but would go back again. Seems to bet set amongst millionaires row houses.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A few new courses coming up in July/Aug:
Sherwood Forest next Thurs/Fri in the England Golf Union Seniors, (2Blue and Crow also playing)

Coventry Mid July.

Exeter 36 hole MidAm 28th July, then next day Burnham & Berrow MidAm.
Then in August, playing Tandridge in another EGU Seniors.

Good luck with Sherwood, you'll need it. Be-roo-tal

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yeah, quite a decent course that has gone under the radar, although we only paid £20 on tee off times.

Quite marshy in places (not the fairways) but would go back again. Seems to bet set amongst millionaires row houses.

Nice one mate, always fancied playing it but never got round to it!

Managed to get it for nothing with AG free round voucher!

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Society day at Burford, Oxfordshire
Looks like a very nice course. will report back later

nice track Phil enjoy, am planning on playing the pairs open there later in the year

What a superb course, in perfect condition despite the recent rain, lovely true greens, they make such a difference compared to the slow bumpy scabby ones im used to.
36 points with a bird on one of the early par 5's and a few pars as well. came 4th, 1 more point would have been = 2nd

Best feature was the lack of stupid length rough, so when one of us went off the fairway, it was easy to find the ball, so we didnt lose any time looking for balls,

Lovely clubhouse, good food .
Just wish it was on my doorstep rather than 54 miles away