I'm playing a new course for the first time... (Rolling thread)

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
2 new courses for me over the next 2 days:

Knole park in Sevenoaks tomorrow for a warm up round before heading off to:

Rye, East Sussex for a 36 hole MidAm on Thursday......quite a few off here playing it, ( Robobum and Radbourne plus 6 from the Centurion.

Heard good things about both courses.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played Beadles Lake just north of Leicester for the first time yesterday. Nice course with fairly wide tree lined fairways (although I kept slicing my tee shots into the trees). Very well kept greens, although they were quite slow. I would recommend it to a beginner as there is not too much trouble to run into.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Played Beadles Lake just north of Leicester for the first time yesterday. Nice course with fairly wide tree lined fairways (although I kept slicing my tee shots into the trees). Very well kept greens, although they were quite slow. I would recommend it to a beginner as there is not too much trouble to run into.

I wonder if that's why Region3 is a member 😂😂😂😂

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Rye, East Sussex for a 36 hole MidAm on Thursday......quite a few off here playing it, ( Robobum and Radbourne plus 6 from the Centurion.

Heard good things about both courses.

Rye is a very traditional and very old school club, I popped in a couple of times when staying at a holiday cottage I used to own and rent out in Camber Sands, I never got on the course, it was restricted to Foursomes and strict format times, very strict dress codes also, I never saw the course busy over the 4 years I had the house when walking Max across the dunes overlooking it, it looks nice and they were planning some changes to extend it a couple of years ago, not sure if they did!

Don't hook it on the 1st, the road runs alongside it 😜🏌

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rye is a very traditional and very old school club, I popped in a couple of times when staying at a holiday cottage I used to own and rent out in Camber Sands, I never got on the course, it was restricted to Foursomes and strict format times, very strict dress codes also, I never saw the course busy over the 4 years I had the house when walking Max across the dunes overlooking it, it looks nice and they were planning some changes to extend it a couple of years ago, not sure if they did!

Don't hook it on the 1st, the road runs alongside it 😜🏌
Yes, Jason from MidAm has done a great job getting them to agree to host the MidAm tour.
We'll be the first event ever to play the new 18 hole Jubilee course and they only normally hold County or National events there, so again a rare treat to play 36 hole medal play. We're playing in 2 balls and expected to take around 3 hours.
I won't be wearing shorts though as its "long socks with turnover tops" :eek:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
3 new courses for me this weekend in La Manga. First up, the North Course on Saturday, the West Course on Sunday and Roda GC on Monday.
Shaping up to be a scorcher as well.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Yes, Jason from MidAm has done a great job getting them to agree to host the MidAm tour.
We'll be the first event ever to play the new 18 hole Jubilee course and they only normally hold County or National events there, so again a rare treat to play 36 hole medal play. We're playing in 2 balls and expected to take around 3 hours.
I won't be wearing shorts though as its "long socks with turnover tops" :eek:

Will look forward to a good review write up, good luck 👍🏌

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
3 new courses for me this weekend in La Manga. First up, the North Course on Saturday, the West Course on Sunday and Roda GC on Monday.

West Course you have to plot your way around, I took loads of hybrids of tees there as it's tight in places and position is more important then distance.

Never played the North as of yet. South is a very nice course, played it twice 36 points both times and won both times :D

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
West Course you have to plot your way around, I took loads of hybrids of tees there as it's tight in places and position is more important then distance.

Never played the North as of yet. South is a very nice course, played it twice 36 points both times and won both times :D

Goes without saying doesn't it? :D

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just over two weeks until I go down to play Broadstone, Parkstone and Ferndown, all for the 1st time.
Heard really good things about all three so really looking forward to it.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just over two weeks until I go down to play Broadstone, Parkstone and Ferndown, all for the 1st time.

Don't automatically reach for driver - especially at Parkstone. Enjoy - they are all good!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site

Roda's okay. Not the best course in the area, but not bad by any means. Not the longest, is crammed into quite a small area but is good fun, not the most challenging course you'll play. Worth checking out the restaurant too, had the best cheesecake I've ever had there, was tremendous.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Age must be catching up with you Rob, it's just UNDER 2 weeks......w/e of 11/12th. Watch out for the dodgy members though :eek:

Don't automatically reach for driver - especially at Parkstone. Enjoy - they are all good!

You've obviously never played with 'Tapper' Smith before :whistle: