I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
105 played in the board comp medal today.
I finished equal 20th with a nett 74 on our par 70.

Only 18.1% of the field were nett 3 over or better.
22.9% of the field were nett 4 over or better.

A PCC of +1 would seem appropriate, maybe +2. We will have to wait and see. There will be no change to my HI in any case.

I got a 2. That's three individual comps so far and a 2 in each one. :)

(EDIT: PCC of +1)

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out early doors with the Fragster.....
Nobody else on the course until we'll after the turn...
Steady and unspectacular 18 holes today for 34 points, gross 80 (+9)
No disaster holes ,just too many bogeys and a lost ball from an errant drive.
Good score dropping off my 20 next time...need to extract my digit.....
Fragger didn't play too well....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Funny round today - completely different to yesterday's which was a steady Eddie bogeys kind of round. Today was 8 pars but 7 double or worse and only 3 bogeys. A real mixed bag. Spells of great golf and other spells of absolutely shocking rubbish.

Started (on the 8th) with two pars, but the rest of the first nine was pretty horrendous really. 12 points at half way (bearing in mind it was 6 points after two holes). Then the second nine was three straight pars, triple, bogey, double, and then another three pars to end. 18 points to make it 30 in total (88 gross). Hard to know what to take from that. I was pleased at the strong finish to take me to 30 points, but I just don't know how to cut out these horrowshow holes that are costing me a decent score at the moment. My good golf is still in there, but the bad golf feels worse than ever and baffling. Putter saved me a few times.

Springveldt

Visit site
Doubles knockout today, 90% of playing handicap so I got 6 and opponents got 13 and 17.

We played well, by our count we were -1 gross but it still wasn’t enough as we lost 2&1. I think I would have been +4 after the 17th if I’d holed out the few gimmies (and all were under 2 foot).

Just nothing much you can do when giving that many shots and they don’t make many mistakes. The 13 was longer than me off the tee and he wasn’t erratic, he hit a lot of fairways and GIR. The 17 didn’t miss a single putt between 5-7 foot that was to win or half the hole, he was 5 out of 5 by my count.

As my partner said, we won’t be entering next year, just no point.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Out early doors with the Fragster.....
Nobody else on the course until we'll after the turn...
Steady and unspectacular 18 holes today for 34 points, gross 80 (+9)
No disaster holes ,just too many bogeys and a lost ball from an errant drive.
Good score dropping off my 20 next time...need to extract my digit.....
Fragger didn't play too well....
I played like a knob
But it was lovely out there and my knees behaved themselves, so I won in my little universe 😎👍

Visit site
Played Washington (Co. Durham that is) today. I hadn't been there for a few years and it seems to have regressed in terms of quality. It could do with a good old mow, weeks behind other courses in the county. Shot 87, not being able to get used to the slowness of the greens. Apparently they are losing members en masse due to poor management. Rather like Ramside, the focus appears not to be on the golf side of the business.

Mandofred

Visit site
Another typical mediocre round of golf.....haven't had a solid round since Sept. I was 5.4 last summer...played at 7.2 today and that should be at least 7.6 tomorrow. Depressing. Trying to spice things up and switched grips this afternoon and put on Lamkin oversized/jumbo grips with a ton of tapes under. See how my tiny hands like it.....can't kill me.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Scratch KO today

4 hours !!! Because the group in front wouldn’t let us through because “there is a 4 ball in front of us” !!

Anyway

Nice solid round , was 2 under par and 3 up at halfway , then 3 birdies on the bounce got the game pretty much won

Found a little bit of form at the right time

samthom99

Banned
Visit site
Was 1st out this morning at 730 and after a bit of a rush to make the tee time with no warm up i went on to shoot 3over. So happy with how i played.

Teebs

Visit site
Played Garforth for the first time. I was expecting it to be better. Some nice holes on the back 9, but the greens were exceptionally poor.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Scratch KO today

4 hours !!! Because the group in front wouldn’t let us through because “there is a 4 ball in front of us” !!

Anyway

Nice solid round , was 2 under par and 3 up at halfway , then 3 birdies on the bounce got the game pretty much won

Found a little bit of form at the right time
Bad form they wouldn’t let you through. Were they in a competition? KO’s / comps have priority on the course.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Bad form they wouldn’t let you through. Were they in a competition? KO’s / comps have priority on the course.

No mate , just a normal three ball out having a social round , they started about 15 mins in front , when we got to the third. ( drivable par 4 ) they were in the trees looking and plenty of chance to let us through , just oblivious as we got to every tee as they finished tee off and when I asked they said they were waiting for a 4 ball in front who were nowhere to be seen

It’s happened a few times to a few people over the last couple of weeks

It’s time for a general “golf etiquette” email to go out to the members

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First 18 holes I’ve played since September. A comedy mixed bag; 51 on the front 9, 39 on the back 9. 9 pars, 1 eagle (!) and +20 on the other 8 holes!!

As someone that doesn’t play much, I had a blast. Quickly wrote off the mistakes and lost balls as being down to rustiness and thoroughly enjoyed the ones I smoked. Beautiful weather, great company, the perfect Sunday morning.

Springveldt

Visit site
Strokeplay comp today and my fine form for the last few rounds continued as I shot what felt like a pretty stress free 75 for a net 68 (and more importantly a 2.2 differential which should see me get a decent cut).

Bogied 1 and 2 then 7 straight pars. Bogied 10 then 8 straight pars to finish. Had sand saves on 3 and 17 which is pretty unusual for me but I also hit a ton of GIR and had 6 very good looks at birdie from 8 foot to 13 foot and didn't hole a single one of them. Felt like I balanced those out with 3 par saves from the 6-8 foot range. Stokes gained says I lost 1.13 shots putting to a 5 handicap so I was meant to make at least 1 of those birdie putts.

Still though, very happy with the round. Still using the open stance (Steve Johnson's Eureka Golf Swing) and driver is much more under control but I'm definitely losing distance as I feel like I'm still not fully committing to the driver swing. Maybe a couple of more solid driving rounds like this might free me up a bit more. Iron striking has been transformed since switching to it, divots a lot shallower and a massive cut down in chunks.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
First comp of the year, not a good start when I woke up 5mins after the time I planned to leave, got there with enough time to hit a couple of pitches, chips and putts, and then hacked it round the front 9, better on the back but not at the races at all.