I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Singlefiguregokfer

Visit site
Played for the scratch team last nIght. I was terrible but managed a win.
The game was so up and down it was crazy.
I won 1, lost 2, won 4, lost 5, won 6 lost 8, won 9, won 12, lost 13, 14 & 15, won 16 and 18, to finish 1 up.
Only holed one putt, for 2 on 16 and only hit one fairway (which was a rebound off a tree😂).
But did hit a beauty on 18, 6 iron up hill into the breeze, to 3 feet.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors Medal from the white tees.
Started well with three pars and a shaved edge bogey but then made a bad mistake, from the middle of the fairway I pulled my approach between two bunkers, saw it bounce and thought about playing a provisional (the rough is growing like crazy at the moment) but like a fool I didn't. Got down there and would you know it, a deep patch of rough where it's not usually too bad. Lost ball and I was so annoyed I didn't even go back and play another, we're operating the 5 over par rule for disaster holes so I stuck that down instead.

Parred the next but then made a quad due to some horrific short game skills, game over.
Another lost ball on the back nine and ended up on net 6 over. :(

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Midweek medal - lovely sunny afternoon

Started ok , solid 5 pars on the bounce then a lovely 8 on 6 after having 5 bunker shots 😂 all on the green side , the bunkers were compact and I decided to go from one bunker to the next and then back again 2 more times 😂

Couple more bogeys to leave myself 7 over at the turn

Then proceeded to go around the back 9 under par 😂😂

What a great game it is

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Midweek medal - lovely sunny afternoon

Started ok , solid 5 pars on the bounce then a lovely 8 on 6 after having 5 bunker shots 😂 all on the green side , the bunkers were compact and I decided to go from one bunker to the next and then back again 2 more times 😂

Couple more bogeys to leave myself 7 over at the turn

Then proceeded to go around the back 9 under par 😂😂

What a great game it is
Is that the back 9 ......................... under par, or the back ....................... 9 under par? ;)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
12 holes to myself tonight, lovely evening. Really good practice session, hit a good shot walk on, hit a bad one drop another. Couldn't get the timing right for 6 holes but then realised I was over swinging. Shortened my swing and bingo, golf was good again 😄.

Hugely useful and also very enjoyable.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
12 holes to myself tonight, lovely evening. Really good practice session, hit a good shot walk on, hit a bad one drop another. Couldn't get the timing right for 6 holes but then realised I was over swinging. Shortened my swing and bingo, golf was good again 😄.

Hugely useful and also very enjoyable.
Never thought of practicing like this (I hate practice) definitely giving this a bash.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played yesterday and today on opposite sides of the country, yesterday was a team 4BBB knockout against Formby Ladies, my game was mixed but my partner really struggled with the course, sadly both us and the team lost, it was nice to play a good course for free though.

Today took my to the East coast and Ganton near Scarborough in an England Golf event. It is a visually fabulous course but for the first 8 holes I really struggled constantly finding bunkers, which are brutal, and struggling to keep my ball on the green. after 8 holes I had only scored 4 points! I managed a 2 point bogey on 9 or 6 points on the first 9, but then things changed, and I had 5 pars on the back nine, and 19 points, and left a few shots on the course due to still struggling to keep balls on the greens. So I went from despair after 8 to ok I can still play a bit after 18.

PaulMdj

Visit site
First round of the Club 4BBB Matchplay Comp, some scrappy holes saw us 1up, level, 1down etc for the first 12 holes, we then went 2 down after 16, won 17 & 18 to take us to extra holes, and then won the match on the 19th.

Springveldt

Visit site
First round of the knock outs last night, both off the exact same index so no shots and I started well, would have been level par through the first 6 to be 4 up but was thinking we might need to cancel as the sea mist was thick and we could be not see 130 yards through it.

Luckily it cleared up but my game started to go with the mist as my bad shots of pulled irons, crap chipping and skied drives came back to leave me 1 up after 11. Steadied the ship and birdied 15 to go 2 up but my opponent made me work for it as he hit his approach shots on the last 3 holes all to about 15 feet pin high. We halved 16 with pars for me to go dormy but he won 17 as I failed to get up and down from the fringe. I thought he had holed his birdie putt on 18 but it finished about 4 inches left of the hole and I had a 2 putt par to win 1 up.

Great game, great company as well, I really enjoyed it. Turns out he won the knockouts last year so his defence didn’t go to plan.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Seniors Championship yesterday...main prize is Gross, secondary prize is Nett
Unlikely to be involved in the Nett, my main focus was the Gross...
And.........started with 2 doubles - perfect :rolleyes:
Got it together after that and reached the turn at +5...not out of it yet.
Nice par on 10 and then a lost ball courtesy of a pull on 11 that lead to another double
Once again I extracted my digit and finished a total of 9 over....at the time, and with a few still to come in, only 4 shots off the lead....with 3 doubles on the card....
Frustrating doesn't really do it justice......

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Day off today and played Luton Hoo for a mate's birthday. Quite a long course compared to what we're used to, a par 73 with five par 5s. And it was weird playing a course with no bunkers, it made it odd approaching the green and feeling like something's missing. Nice course though which is quite forgiving if you miss a fairway, there was plenty of semi-rough before you reach the really horrendous long stuff.

I played quite well this time. It was a steady bogeys kind of day. I managed three pars, two doubles and blob, and all the rest were bogeys. Shot 92 for 32 points and was pretty happy with that. The blob was a bit weird, it was a par 3 (15th) and I'd suddenly started hitting an almighty hook with 7 iron, so I hooked my ball and the provisional into the cabbage down the left, never to be seen again. I also still have the problem of the last few weeks with woods, which seems to be my hands getting in front of it and hitting a kind of duff/slice. But I drove it pretty well and my chipping and putting were good, and sometimes that's all you need.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Strokeplay comp today. Played well in the main, but card was ruined on the back 9 par 3s - 2 lost balls saw me notch up a 6 and a 7 on them. Net 74, should have been much better.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Ind Stab today and only 28 points! Hit 10 out 13 fairways of the tee with Driver and hit 1 green in regulation😩

Couple of shanks as well really disappointed in missed opportunities.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Monthly stableford. Not played the course for a week and I was absolutely stunned at the length of the rough. Not the second cut, which is brutal, but the first. It’s between two and three inches long in most places.

To add some context we already have bone hard fairways, several of which are now exceptionally narrow. The 11th, for example, is now less than twenty paces wide at 220 yards from the tee.

Several really good drives today have hit fairways, run through them, and found almost unplayable lies within two or three feet of the fairway. More than once me and playing partners had no option but to hack the ball back into play. From the first cut. Yes, really.

32 points not a bad return in the circumstances but I have already withdrawn from the medal a fortnight today. All our medals are now played from the very back tees, and I can see nothing other than carnage beckoning. I’d really rather not bother.