I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We decided to play off the Green tee today, make a couple change, mix it up a bit..
5739 yards as opposed to 6379 off the Whites.
7 shots I stead of 11.
Still can't break 80.......
The depression deepens and the problem is that the problem area is different every time....
Stupid bloody game

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We decided to play off the Green tee today, make a couple change, mix it up a bit..
5739 yards as opposed to 6379 off the Whites.
7 shots I stead of 11.
Still can't break 80.......
The depression deepens and the problem is that the problem area is different every time....
Stupid bloody game
Sensible question, are you over golfed?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Sensible question, are you over golfed?
I don't think so as I've been playing most days for the last 3 or 4 years amd put in plenty of decent scores and got the Index down into the 4s.
It's just a run of poor form which will cease just as suddenly as it started..
By then I'll be getting 12 or more shots and will clean up in the comps....
Such is life

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I don't think so as I've been playing most days for the last 3 or 4 years amd put in plenty of decent scores and got the Index down into the 4s.
Such is life
And dodgy to play against in matchplay

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Such is life
Have you booked a fitting for a very wide brimmed Mexican hat?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What an afternoon at Bearwood Lakes. Always made to feel special and the course wo days after regional Open qualifying was an absolute picture. I have definitely not played greens that fast and smooth ever. Fair to say I got chewed up, spat out and puked over by the course and I didn't care a jot.

BunkerPlayer

Visit site
Midweek Stableford - 37 pts. First time under handicap in a competitive round in a loooong time. I am really trying to work on my mental game and get the horror scores off the card so scoring on every hole was a big plus. Negatives were 5 doubles with 2 of them being very avoidable. Short game still the area I could probably save 5+ shots a round.

Springveldt

Visit site
Singles knockout yesterday evening in great weather and the course is finally looking and feeling like a links course. I played great, would have been +3 standing on the 17th tee but unfortunately my opponent played great as well and I was 2 down. Poor bogey on 17, told him to pick up his 6 foot par putt and shook hands.

Was giving my opponent 5 shots and knew I was going to have to play better than my handicap to have any chance as he has been a low single figure handicapper but has had some injury problems the last couple of seasons. Was a really good game, flew round in a buggy in under 2 hours, hit the ball great all evening and just missed a couple of putts that could have swung the match in my direction.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
After a week away and no golf for ten days I played yesterday. Not brilliant, it must be said, but I improved as the round went on.

But, my god, the course has toughened up in just ten days. We now have rock hard, fiery fairways and just a first cut of rough. Beyond that first cut the foliage hasn’t been touched all year and it’s two or three feet high everywhere, and in places at chest height.

The argument that you should take a club which doesn’t get you in trouble keeps getting trotted out (invariably by those with very low handicaps), but the fact remains people stray into it, especially with some of the firm, links style bounces we are getting. It’s absolutely sucking all the enjoyment out of the game.

You stand on many tees now and would be forgiven for thinking you were playing in an Open. It’s that brutal.

Springveldt

Visit site
After a week away and no golf for ten days I played yesterday. Not brilliant, it must be said, but I improved as the round went on.

But, my god, the course has toughened up in just ten days. We now have rock hard, fiery fairways and just a first cut of rough. Beyond that first cut the foliage hasn’t been touched all year and it’s two or three feet high everywhere, and in places at chest height.

The argument that you should take a club which doesn’t get you in trouble keeps getting trotted out (invariably by those with very low handicaps), but the fact remains people stray into it, especially with some of the firm, links style bounces we are getting. It’s absolutely sucking all the enjoyment out of the game.

You stand on many tees now and would be forgiven for thinking you were playing in an Open. It’s that brutal.
I think a lot of courses are like that just now due to the hottish, wet weather. I know at my course I just assume I've lost the ball if it goes anywhere near the rough. If you are lucky enough to find it, it is taking 3 and 4 hacks to get it back onto the fairway.

There was a county event on last Saturday at my club and I'm not sure if the winner even broke par.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors betterball KO this morning.

After my partner chipped in for birdie on the first I had a feeling we might do okay.

Next five holes; lost, won, lost, won, halved.
But then a win against a shot on the 7th and my partner chipping in (again!) on the 8th saw us three up and we never fell behind again.

Dormie 3 and then they both lost their balls on the 16th and conceded so a 4&2 win.

Probably the best round of dovetailing I've been involved in. :)