I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played The Inspiration today with the total scholar and gent that is @LIG

They've certainly invested heavily in the building of quality greens, riveted bunkers and tees. Greens especially good.... and big!

Very enjoyable, and there's some very strong holes on the finishing stretch. Quite a wind blowing across there today made it a tough test

Thanks again for being such a good host Preet, hope I can get you outside the M25 for a game at some point!

Last edited:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I don't think so as I've been playing most days for the last 3 or 4 years amd put in plenty of decent scores and got the Index down into the 4s.
It's just a run of poor form which will cease just as suddenly as it started..
By then I'll be getting 12 or more shots and will clean up in the comps....
Such is life
He’s building up to this years H4H , mind you I can’t talk after my index has risen to over 25 ☹️

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played Woodhall Hills today. Bit good bit meh. Finished with 29 points after playing poorly during the middle holes. Finished well with 10 points in the last 4 holes but struggled for a few holes before that. Course is in fantastic condition at the moment.

I need to turn more, I'm very arms and no distance. Hit a poor drive on 8 so hit a provisional (you all know what happens with the provisional) and absolutely smoked it! Felt like I turned and really hit the ball straight and far for me. Unsure how I find it though!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Doubles ko last night, we were up against a 20 hcapper who I know and a 10 hcapper who I’ve never met. I was worried about the latter, but it was the former who had the game of his life. After halving the first, he won 4 holes on the trot to put us right up against it. We kept chipping away, but every time we won a hole, he would either win the next or hole a decent putt to get a half.

In the end, they won comfortably 5&3 despite the 10 hcapper not doing much - he won 1 hole iirc. I had a bit of a stinker, really struggled with a fierce wind, lost a few balls as a result, my contribution was 3 halves which is pretty poor, last week’s great form is nothing but a distant memory.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Hit some fabulous shots today..
Drives, irons, pitches, chips and putts
Sadly they were rarely on the same hole and the ones that followed fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down...
Fantastically inconsistent right now....

Mandofred

Visit site
Driver working better today. Another 36pts with 3 double bogies...played off 6 today, so if those double bogies weren't there...... 4 solid rounds of golf.....in-a-row!!

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played The Inspiration today

They've certainly invested heavily in the building of quality greens, riveted bunkers and tees. Greens especially good.... and big!

Very enjoyable, and there's some very strong holes on the finishing stretch. Quite a wind blowing across there today made it a tough test
I'm surprised you thought the wind was anything of note, Ian. Playing at Saunton, you must be used to much stiffer breezes! 😁

Really fun afternoon, despite the four-letter words I used when that dimpled orb decided to do its own thing! Apologies for that and thanks for your company!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oakland Park with the wife this afternoon - OP is a shorter course (4886 yellows) where I only get 11 playing handicap.

Doubled the first but rest of the front nine was solid - 4 over par with 19 points at the turn. Unfortunately the back nine wasn't as good, ruined it straight away on the narrow 10th where I decided to lay-up before a ditch with a nice easy 8 iron, and hooked it for a lost ball. Another blob on the 13th with a weak sliced 7 iron into a bush. 15 point back nine in the end - 80 gross for 34 points (13 over par).

Bit annoyed I didn't break 80 after that front nine, but had a lovely round in some very pleasant weather. Wife's last practise round before our trip next week and she didn't play her best stuff, 113 for 28 points. She was out with work last night though. 😂

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Today we had a team match, more or less a decider to see which club progressed from our league to the region final.
I was first out and we both started well with the first 5 holes being won or halved in pars, then we caught up with 2 fourballs who both let us through but this affected my opponent more than me and I won the next 4 holes and so was 4 up after 9, I then missed a short putt on 10 and that galvanised my opponent and by the time we walked of the 14th green we were back to all square.
We both parred the 15th and then I went 1 up with a par on 16, she won the 17th with a shot and we were all square on the par 3 18th tee, happily for me she hit a poor tee shot and I was just off the green and after she over shot the green I was fortunate to win the hole with bogey.
I was delighted to have withstood losing a 4 hole lead and coming back to win.
The team won too, so it it looks like we will be going to the regional final at Huyton and Prescott.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played at Beds and County today, a friend had a free four ball that needed to be used before the end of the month and I've never played it before, so it seemed like a good excuse.

After a bogey and double on the first and second I feared I was going to be in for a bad day but everything pretty much clicked into place after that and I shot my best ever gross score.

4 really good birdies including a near ace (genuinely only about 3 inches from going in), 2 tap in putts and a chip in from off the green.

I probably should have have a further two but I can't be greedy. The double on the 13th was super annoying as I hit what seemed like the perfect tee shot but the ball was never to be seen again so had to run back to the tee and reload.

All in all, and unbelievable round for me and a serious handicap cut incoming.

Screenshot-20240628-214307-Garmin-Golf.jpg

Springveldt

Visit site
Just a general play round today, hit it pretty well, was never in any trouble but 6 3 putts in a +7 round tells the story. A 5.5 differential makes it a counting score so happy enough.

Think it’s time I went and got a putting lesson, it’s costing me so many shots just now.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played pretty poor this morning, definitely for the first nine anyway. A triple on our second hole and another three doubles in a row later on made it 14 points at half way. Had another double on a par 3, but then managed three pars in a row on the home stretch out of nowhere really which saved a semi-respectable 31 points (86 gross) by the end.

Still struggling a bit with driver, but found some decent ones near the end when feeling like I really shortened my backswing (the way I was swinging a couple of years ago). Irons were either great or awful. Putting again was great on the lag putts, not so great at holing stuff. So overall, just more of the usual.

4LEX

Visit site
Oakland Park with the wife this afternoon - OP is a shorter course (4886 yellows) where I only get 11 playing handicap.

Doubled the first but rest of the front nine was solid - 4 over par with 19 points at the turn. Unfortunately the back nine wasn't as good, ruined it straight away on the narrow 10th where I decided to lay-up before a ditch with a nice easy 8 iron, and hooked it for a lost ball. Another blob on the 13th with a weak sliced 7 iron into a bush. 15 point back nine in the end - 80 gross for 34 points (13 over par).

Bit annoyed I didn't break 80 after that front nine, but had a lovely round in some very pleasant weather. Wife's last practise round before our trip next week and she didn't play her best stuff, 113 for 28 points. She was out with work last night though. 😂

Oakland Park is a really fun course!