I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Epic match in the mixed foursomes this morning. My partner and I were giving 12 shots. We started fairly well but so did our opponents so it was tight for the first nine. We kept at it and a couple of missed putts from them saw us 3 up after 11. They mounted a comeback however, we had a few poor holes and after the 16th we found ourselves 1 down! Thankfully we stepped up under pressure, my partner hit her best drive of the day on 17 and I hit a pitching wedge that pitched one foot from the hole. We won that hole with a par and then won the last as well to finish 1 up! I seriously thought we'd thrown it away but we regained the momentum just in time.

I was thankful my manageable fade with the driver was back and I didn't slice any - I hit a few god awful fatted shots on 12, 14 and 16 but just glad we turned it around as it would have been gutting to lose from 3 up. Onto the next round!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Club championship today, 36 holes, I had a bit of an up and down down day, a good number of pars and a birdie, but also had several doubles and a triple bogey, I was going ok but missed a short putt on 15 (33) and then chunked a chip on the next hole to knock me a bit near the end of the day and when the scores were tallied, I finished tied for first place, a bit of a disappointment but the girl I was tied with had had an excellent last nine so maybe it was fair. We now have to have an 18 hole playoff in a couple of weeks to decide this years champion.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I won't lie, it took me a few days to get over my last match, but I played yesterday in a club match at Millbrook and was really looking forward to it.

Was playing with our current captain against their current and former captain.

Was a cracking match and happy to report we won our match 3&2.

Playing tomorrow at Moor Park in the Travis Matthew knockout comp, playing the West course as Open qualifying is taking place on the High.

D

Deleted member 29109

Comfortable 6&5 win in the greensomes KO this morning. We won the 1st with a double after I followed our opponents into the pond 🤦‍♂️

Apparently we were only 3 over when we shook hand on 13 which is decent considering neither had our best stuff.

On to the quarters.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can’t seem to put a score together with card in hand.

Play decent in the week but come the weekend on faster greens with tricky pins, my putting really lets me down. I keep leaving myself too many 4/5 footers. Couple that with some wayward shots and it’s yet another 80 something.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Just a friendly round this morning but I had one of my best rounds for a while.

Started with a birdie on the first and then just played steady golf all the way round, an outrageous putt from just off the green gave me another birdie on the 17th but a bit of a skanky three putt double bogey on the last ended the round.
When I checked the score that was the only double on the card and I had a gross 79. Damn that three putt, a double free round would have been great.

Clubs were:
Wilson Sam Snead 2 wood
MacGregor VIP 3 wood
Slazenger Challenge 5 wood
Slazenger S. Ballesteros Supremo irons, 2 to SW
Greenway putter.

1719237211126.png1719237341936.png

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
As of tomorrow, unless something jolts PCC into action, I'll be getting 11 shots off the white tees.....
The game giveth with one hand and shafts you with the other.......
Played a 9 hole card as the front 9 was closed for maintenance
Standing on the 17th tee ( my 8th) I was 2 up on handicap...
1 poor tee shot lead to a triple and a bad bounce led to a bogey on the last and all of a sudden I'm 1 down....
8.5 here we come😥

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
First round of the County Seniors Scratch Knockout today.
Lucky to get the home draw. Me 5.3 and opponent 3.5. Home advantage to balance that out, I hoped.
Tricky greens at my club today.
I was one up after 5 without a hole being halved.
Made a shed load of pars after that with opponent 3-putting 7th, 9th, 10th and 14th for me to win 5&4. Two of those 3-putts were when I one-putted for par.

Next round is away to a chap with HI 1.5 o_O

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Club HC KO tonight

Giving the oppo 11 shots

After 9 holes I’m 2 under gross but 4 down 😂

Won 10 ,and then 11 with birdie , then managed to squeeze halves on 12 , 13 and 14 - won 15 and 16 , halved the last with a birdie , then down first extra hole and managed to sneak a win - knackered

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got out tonight after dinner. Switched the bag up a bit. Popped the ladies flex shaft in the driver and dropped the loft by a degree. Put in the 5 wood and hybrid plus 5-PW Ping i15 irons a 52 degree vokey sm6 and Cleveland 56 wedge. I also popped in my SC del mar ..
started birdie , birdie then par.. then lost my ball , was not wild it’s just the grass is 4-6cms and buries the ball.. was disappointed so switched to stableford points to keep the interest going. Played 14 holes 1 blob , 30 points .. and the del mar was a delight. Driver improved had a couple of 260yard drives .. not much roll out though and one landed splat in divot ( I hate that!) happened again up another hole but I gave it the full deep dig .. this makes the divot deeper and longer and causes more damage ( it would be wise to change the rules here ).
Need to work on the driver still. I have a tendency to leave the face open and play in to out .. it can be reduced by playing a little out to in .. but I want to resolve my issue properly.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played last night in beautiful sunshine and basically had the West Course at Moor Park to ourselves.

I was getting one shot off my opponent.

The front 9 was back and forth the whole time, I was 1 up after 8 but the really tough par 3 9th did for me and we went into the 10th all square.

The 9th is a 245 yard par 3 and the 10th is a 250 yard par 4, which is a bit odd. I played neither well so was 1 down after 10. We proceeded to halve the next 6 holes, I missed a silly short putt on the 16th which would have levelled the match.

The 17th is another short par 4 and after my opponent messed his tee shot up I should have changed club, but still went for the attacking shot with my driver which I pulled left and lost it in the bushes, he made a 6 and I a 7 and that was that.

Slightly annoying but I played quite well despite being slightly off with a few little things but it was a cracking evening.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Win win (sort of - ok definitely). Dumped my mate at his P&P but already arranged an alternative and got a game at Bearwood Lakes tomorrow instead. Reckon those greens might be a tad lively. More than made up and having a wonderful week off

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
After a char with our pro regarding bounce on wedges, who knew?, I've stopped using my new 54 deg close in and only use 64 Deg. Shot a poor 46 out, usual rubbish, but was striking it well but getting no luck. Lost four balls. Back nine, now with a found pro v. Something magical happened. I was back to the form I had two years ago. Shot a simple 41 back, should have been less, isn't it always the case. But still 87 and a counting card. Should be another slice off my HC. Heading back to where I should be. If only others at my place had the same outlook. Especially one in particular in our little group.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Club KO 4somes match today. We were giving 7 shots. I had three putts in total and had to hole a four footer on the last to win the match. 😰

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
9 pars today. 😳😁 nine flippin pars. Coupled with 5 double bogies and it really was an up and down round. 21 points front and 19 back. I just could not read the long putts today. Line was excellent but I was knocking them 10 ft past or ten ft short.
Tother day I was deleting videos that are clogging my iPhone memory. I saw one I took of my swing. Flippin eck. Talk about coming over the top. I was proper shoving my right shoulder forward tried to calm
My right shoulder down it worked a hell of a lot better.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was sat working from home in 28° heat and decided I had to make the most of it - hot-footed it down to the club at 4ish for a little practise round.

Doubled the 1st and 4th, both caused by sliced woods, but made pars on the 3rd, 5th & 6th. Bogeyed the 7th and 8th with par putts shaving the hole. Parred the 9th and 10th before a fantastic birdie on the 11th - 140 odd yard 9 iron to one foot for a tap-in bird. Decided to quit while I'm ahead and called it a day there - 25 points for 11 holes in stunning weather. Is it finally proper golf season? 😮

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
38 points on Saturday off the whites, 22 today off the yellows. How do you make sense of that?

It was incredibly warm / humid, I was so hot I had to commit the cardinal sin of pulling my polo shirt out of my shorts. Driving was poor, hybrids were bizarre - for some reason I was hitting them 20-30 yards further than normal and overshot 4 or 5 greens. Bunker play was also poor, struggled to get out. Completely ran out of steam last few holes, was tired, hungry and thirsty. Thank god for the sausage sandwich and cold pint afterwards, definitely the highlight of the day.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
38 points and a 0.6 cut after shooting a 9 over (with a quadruple bogey) at Carus Green yesterday with a pal - immaculate greens made putting a joy and it was capped off with a 40 foot birdie putt on the 18th in front of the clubhouse which got a clap from the guys enjoying a morning coffee on the balcony.

Cracking morning.