I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
32 points off the whites and there was seriously good, bad and ugly. 4 times par threes, bogeyed one, parred two and Birdied one. Hit a 3 wood from 195 to 16” and it rolled across the front of the hole, the closest I will come to a Hole in one this year.
Knobbed a drive along the floor, it hit the yellow pot and kicked it 30 yards left into the bushes 🤬
When the golfing gods laugh they get bellyache with me.😡

Hacky

Visit site
Played the weekly society 9 hole this afternoon. A three wood second shot on the 1st put me just short of the green but in among a large group of about 40 seagulls that were gathered. As I got near I noticed a young gull pecking at my ball and despite my shouts it decided to fly off with it in its mouth! Fortunately it dropped it on the second tee.

Nearest the pin on the 7th and 17 points got me the win on countback and made for an eventful round.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had the day off today, originally to play in @PJ87 's member & guest competition as we did last year, but it was cancelled - so instead he came to me to play my course for the first time. We had an eye on the weather all week, but the downpours were mostly over with before we teed off. It was very windy though.

My front nine was just shocking. Knifed several approaches, putted awfully. I could blame the sudden change in weather (been a while since I had to put trousers and a jumper on for golf), or lack of warm-up, but whatever it was, I was crap. Giving PJ 8 shots, I found myself 3 down after the 9th - funnily enough he had only won three holes he didn't get shots on though, and halved all the shot holes.

My back nine was very much improved, steady bogeys from the 10th to 13th saw me peg him back to all square. I then hit a fantastic 7 iron to 8 feet on the par 3 14th which saw me go 1 up for the first time. However I had an absolute disaster on the 16th, all the shocking golf from the front nine returned, and we were back to all square. I got a bit of luck on the 17th as I found a bunker that was full of water, thus able to drop it on the side where the lip was a bit lower, but with my feet out of the bunker and knees bent as far as they'll go, I still played a cracking bunker shot to set up a bogey and go 1 up with one to play. Another bunker shot on the 18th - inventively using the putter as it was rock hard with no lip - got me another bogey and sealed the half for victory. My solo score of 26 points was pretty awful, but that's the beauty of match play I guess.

Course was empty so we zipped round in 3 hours and PJ graciously treated me to lunch for my win. Much better than a day in the office. 😁

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had the day off today, originally to play in @PJ87 's member & guest competition as we did last year, but it was cancelled - so instead he came to me to play my course for the first time. We had an eye on the weather all week, but the downpours were mostly over with before we teed off. It was very windy though.

My front nine was just shocking. Knifed several approaches, putted awfully. I could blame the sudden change in weather (been a while since I had to put trousers and a jumper on for golf), or lack of warm-up, but whatever it was, I was crap. Giving PJ 8 shots, I found myself 3 down after the 9th - funnily enough he had only won three holes he didn't get shots on though, and halved all the shot holes.

My back nine was very much improved, steady bogeys from the 10th to 13th saw me peg him back to all square. I then hit a fantastic 7 iron to 8 feet on the par 3 14th which saw me go 1 up for the first time. However I had an absolute disaster on the 16th, all the shocking golf from the front nine returned, and we were back to all square. I got a bit of luck on the 17th as I found a bunker that was full of water, thus able to drop it on the side where the lip was a bit lower, but with my feet out of the bunker and knees bent as far as they'll go, I still played a cracking bunker shot to set up a bogey and go 1 up with one to play. Another bunker shot on the 18th - inventively using the putter as it was rock hard with no lip - got me another bogey and sealed the half for victory. My solo score of 26 points was pretty awful, but that's the beauty of match play I guess.

Course was empty so we zipped round in 3 hours and PJ graciously treated me to lunch for my win. Much better than a day in the office. 😁

You earned that lunch just for that bunker shot on 17! I thought I had halfed the hole at least before you pulled that out of the bag.

I spent more time in my car driving to and from the course than playing it 🤣 bloody traffic

Lovely course though, felt very welcome. Even without a jacket