I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played 11 holes this morning wasn’t expecting anything after my wrist injury.
Not played for six weeks apart from one nine holes.

Cut 1” of my driver it’s brilliant straight as a die.
But course is very wet and the balls going nowhere.
Played ok though hit some really nice shots.
Roll on summer.

Springveldt

Visit site
Played this morning with a mate who I was inviting to the course. Put a card in and we both played really well. He shot level par which I think gets him back under 1 and I shot +2 which should get me a cut to 3.3.

I also managed to win the member run sweep for the first time which was a bonus. Was getting 6 shots in that due to differing handicaps so had 40 points and got cut to 4.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played this morning with a mate who I was inviting to the course. Put a card in and we both played really well. He shot level par which I think gets him back under 1 and I shot +2 which should get me a cut to 3.3.

I also managed to win the member run sweep for the first time which was a bonus. Was getting 6 shots in that due to differing handicaps so had 40 points and got cut to 4.
Good golf.
It’s amazing how well you play when playing with a quality golfer.!
Same goes for your mate !😂

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Greenkeepers Revenge scramble today. Reunited our team that won it last year, but the set-up was much tougher this time, and we didn't get the luck we got last time so it was a mid-table finish. One particular hole completely killed our chances, with the hole on a slope we just couldn't get the bloody ball in the hole and ended up with a quadruple bogey! We finished five shots off the winners so would have been close without that. Still a hugely fun event anyway. We needed four tee shots from each player, and with six holes to go we still needed three of mine - luckily I stepped up and we ended up using four! One of them was a par 3 where you roll a dice for what club to use - thankfully I got the exact club I wanted and hit the green! 😁

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played the Colt course at Worthing today for the first time ever. Would have been much better without the 30 mph winds and hollow tinned greens covered in sand.

Springveldt

Visit site
Good golf.
It’s amazing how well you play when playing with a quality golfer.!
Same goes for your mate !😂
My game has improved massively over the last few years and I think it’s because I’m always playing with guys who are scratch or plus golfers. I think you just pick up things from them and I’m usually asking them questions after they play a shot that I didn’t see.

I’m also finding my new course easier than the old parkland course since it’s a links course and feels more open. Also helps that they cut the rough down again midweek so it feels like it’s hard to lose a ball at the moment. After my 40 points yesterday one of the members said “no wonder, it’s like pitch and putt out there”.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got out tonight bit of a ball comparison. Tonight’s options were TM tour response and the Wilson Triad can out as well.
I was finding that the Tour Response was short off the tee. I don’t think by much but I was back from where I would normally be hence the Wilson Triad coming out. I think there was only 5 -8 yards in it. But also the chipping the tour response really did not offer as much stopping power .. it’s not bad but it’s not the best.
But it was just nice to get out … the golf is so immersive it takes you away from the day to day

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played this afternoon, of a fashion!
I lost two balls in my first three shots of the day.
Only finished five holes on the front side and then scored 22 points on the back nine.
Crazy game, bonkers mental.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I played this afternoon, of a fashion!
I lost two balls in my first three shots of the day.
Only finished five holes on the front side and then scored 22 points on the back nine.
Crazy game, bonkers mental.

I played on Sunday - course was booked out a fair bit as it was the local union finals day, so I decided to record a front nine general play score - just incase it got a little slow out there.

Started with three bogies - acceptable although I'd have liked to have parred the 1st, doubled the 4th (par 3) parred the 5th, picked up on the 6th (par 3), birdied the 7th, doubled the 8th (par 3), then birdied 9.

One over on the non par 3 holes, 8 over on the par 3's

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out early with CVG...interesting start as the Clubhouse Manager set the burglar alarm off...Jeez that thing's loud....
9 iron into our 1st (10th) and it finished 3 feet away....another birdie on 11 and I'm thinking.........
Very solid 1st 9 and, after another birdie on 18, I turned 1 under gross and with 23 points on the card....
A par, birdie start to the 2nd 9 and I was 2 under standing on our 12th tee.
Normality kicked in as I went bogey, double, plus 2 more bogeys before a par, par finish for 40 points in total
74 blows (+3) and a 0.4 cut to 5.1....losing my shot on the 17th wasn't in the script but it is what it is...
A very good day at the office even though I struggled to hit my hybrid well...everything else was OK....Mmm....🤔

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Aylesbury Vale today with my dad, uncle and cousin. Me and the old man retained the (imaginary) trophy with a 3 & 2 win for family bragging rights.

My personal round was the same as it always is now - good for most of it but two stupid blobs to ruin the score (4th & 10th). Front nine I still managed 18 points but only 15 on the back. My dad played really well and got us over the line with a nice par on the 15th that put us 3 up. 32 points (off 41 course handicap) despite blobbing the last two after the match was won! Chuffed for him. 😀

Springveldt

Visit site
Shot +5 today in a pretty strong and cold wind. +1 at the turn then hung on for a score on the back 9 as the wind really picked up.

Drove the ball well, irons were shocking, lag putting abysmal but putting between 5-12 foot was amazing and really saved my score.

Should get me another 0.2 cut I think and down to my lowest ever of 3.1.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Shot +5 today in a pretty strong and cold wind. +1 at the turn then hung on for a score on the back 9 as the wind really picked up.

Drove the ball well, irons were shocking, lag putting abysmal but putting between 5-12 foot was amazing and really saved my score.

You should have played yesterday
In your home club open
Course must have been easy......winning score 47 points 🤣😂🤣

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played a round on my home course this morning with a mate who doesn't play very often anymore, but can still turn up with some good golf on the day. Same handicap as me so opportunity to play a no-shot match.

I've never been shown the importance of going on the practice green as clearly as I was today - didn't do it, just jumped on the 1st tee, then three-putted the first four greens in a row, which got me a double-double start and just the 5 points after 4 played. One down in the match as well. Was hitting the ball fairly well though and managed to complete the front nine with two points per hole after that. 15 points at half way, and just managed to go 2 up in the match as my mate unfortunately blobbed the two par 5s with two lost balls.

My back nine was very good. After an unfortunate double on the 11th I managed five pars and two bogeys in my last seven holes for a five-over 20 point back nine. Mate did well to win two of the holes I didn't par, but ultimately I won the match 3 & 2 with a glorious 165-yard up-and-down, hitting hybrid into the wind to three or feet from the pin on the 16th.

Very happy with 83 gross, 35 points, especially after that shocking start with the putter. Handicap will still keep rising though as I'm losing an 81. Gotta love playing well for two days running and still going up in this lovely handicap system. Such is life.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Strange game .
Two parts of your game can be good the other crap.
But just shows how shortish putts can tidy up a card.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
It’s always nice to hand your brother his backside on a plate.

Lovely out there today, when I got there I suggested we put cards in, but he said the greens were a bit iffy, so we didn’t….. bad mistake

18-14 after 9 holes
40-33 after 18
No blobs, 4 pars
Missed a number of short putts which was frustrating as it should have been 42/43

Next time I’m going to put a card in and he’ll just have to lump it 😎