I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Best round in absolutely ages ... Gross 83, nett 66 - 4 under handicap. Played such that I wasn't disappointed with any aspect of my game. Only downside was that the score pushed one of my better 'best 8' out of my top 20, so the HI drop wasn't as much as it might have been. No matter, I seem to have stopped the upward trend and am down 1.7 over the past month. Perhaps the road to recovery does exist.
Good shooting sir

nicolasjsmith

Visit site
Managed to squeeze in a quick 9 after work last night at the 9 hole course near me and somehow got my best score on the course (37, 2 over). Changed my putting stroke to be a consistent length takeaway and follow through and it made a HUGE difference - every lag putt ended up 2 foot from the hole, was sinking 6-10 footers - only made 14 putts in total. Confident putting just changes how you approach every hole, what a gamechanger!

GolfandGuitars

Visit site
Think I had the craziest round of my life this morning. Had a nightmare front nine and very nearly walked in after finishing the ninth hole but decided to carry on. Started the back nine well and played a lot better,only having a poor 13th hole. Walked off the 18th green after shooting a whole seventeen shots better for the back nine than I did for the front nine. How you can go from thinking of quitting the game half way round,then shooting your best ever score for the back nine and cannot wait to get out again just sums this infuriating but brilliant (at times) game up.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Holed another bunker shot today....not sure anything else interesting happened though........

Can you ring my mate and tell him !

Whenever we ho!e out from a bunker we text him (if he's not playing) as he's never managed to do it - he's got a couple of hole in one's though

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think I had the craziest round of my life this morning. Had a nightmare front nine and very nearly walked in after finishing the ninth hole but decided to carry on. Started the back nine well and played a lot better,only having a poor 13th hole. Walked off the 18th green after shooting a whole seventeen shots better for the back nine than I did for the front nine. How you can go from thinking of quitting the game half way round,then shooting your best ever score for the back nine and cannot wait to get out again just sums this infuriating but brilliant (at times) game up.

Maybe because you mentally stopped caring after nine and were, therefore, far more relaxed and mentally free when you played the back nine?

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Swindle today - course is good Nick after all the rain , new paths very nice

Solid front 9 with 8 pars and a birdie

Back 9 dropped a silly shot on 12 but then picked up a birdie on 18th for a 1 under 37 points

It’s our second week of the winter eclectic and have 6 birdies in the bank now

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A mixed bag today. I've been struggling with my timing recently so I'm trying holding my backswing at the top for a split second at the top. I had some success with this midweek, it worked even better today. It stops my arms getting ahead of myself, when I do it correctly. Anyway, best I've driven all year, wonderful. Second shots, largely okay, not all of the time. Biggest weakness today was putting. I had a 4 putt 😱. Truly horrible. Wasted so many shots, just struggled to concentrate with them and paid the price. Ah well, such is golf.

Good round though and my pp had a cracking day and should win with 43 points.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played my first 18 holes for 6 weeks due to wrist injury.
So so.

But played with a young man 22 only been playing 12 months .
Off 5 I don’t think I have ever seen such a natural golfer.
He hit it miles with accuracy.
Short game needed tidying up a bit but was very very impressed.

I told him what I thought !

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Jeez it was windy yesterday
Had to hit driver on a par 3 at 165 and couldn't make the green despite a sweet strike!
33 points in the comp, let's see how I do in my social game today moving one tee forward in similar conditions...

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of my worst knocks of the year yesterday (88). I was jet lagged and had a cold but I didn’t want to leave my pp in a 2 ball .

Surprisingly birdied the first but then it was bogey after bogey , mostly from the middle of every fairway, which made it even more annoying.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Winter league started yesterday. Played well for 38 points, got beat on countback. Happy with the way I’m playing, driving is excellent, 10/13 fairways hit yesterday, another 2 ran off the fairways into the trees, only one poor shot pulled straight into the trees (we have a lot of trees!).

Seem to have turned a corner with putting, have been holing a lot more recently.

My weak point is 40-80 yards out, need to find a way to be more accurate from there.