I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Final of the seniors matchplay today, after yesterday's runner up position I had a 0.3 cut which meant I was giving another shot so just the index 18 where there were no shots.

Started well and 3 up after 3 but lost the next two and turned 2 up.
Lost 10 and 11 to be A/S, halved 12 and 13 and won 14 with a birdie after a lovely 5 wood from 200 yards out.
Lost the 15th to a very good up and down for net birdie but was gifted the 16th to be 1 up with 2 to play.
Hit two decent shots on the 17th and was about 25 feet short of the green and opted to putt, as anyone who has seen me play knows how iffy my chipping is. Bad mistake, made a right hash of it for a 6 and lost the hole to a nett 5.
Halved the 18th so onto extra holes, just short in two with opponent about 12 feet away for 3 net 2, felt I needed to hole mine and opted for the chip, duffed it 12 inches, lipped out with the next but my opponent now had two putts for the win and sealed it.

An enjoyable match but one I feel I let slip away.

Twice the runner up in two days. :confused:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Final of the seniors matchplay today, after yesterday's runner up position I had a 0.3 cut which meant I was giving another shot so just the index 18 where there were no shots.

Started well and 3 up after 3 but lost the next two and turned 2 up.
Lost 10 and 11 to be A/S, halved 12 and 13 and won 14 with a birdie after a lovely 5 wood from 200 yards out.
Lost the 15th to a very good up and down for net birdie but was gifted the 16th to be 1 up with 2 to play.
Hit two decent shots on the 17th and was about 25 feet short of the green and opted to putt, as anyone who has seen me play knows how iffy my chipping is. Bad mistake, made a right hash of it for a 6 and lost the hole to a nett 5.
Halved the 18th so onto extra holes, just short in two with opponent about 12 feet away for 3 net 2, felt I needed to hole mine and opted for the chip, duffed it 12 inches, lipped out with the next but my opponent now had two putts for the win and sealed it.

An enjoyable match but one I feel I let slip away.

Twice the runner up in two days. :confused:
The Beige Bridesmaid..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:;)(y)

PaulMdj

Visit site
Nice 18 holes this afternoon, lovely weather, back to shorts & polo thought the shorts were away for the winter.🤷‍♂️

Some good hits, some average shots, no real bad shots and Driver working really well.🏌🏻‍♂️

Dreading the weekend comp now!😂

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It was sunny and quite warm today up in NE Derbyshire. So headed off the 10mins drive to Stanedge GC just outside Chesterfield up on the edge of the moors I went. A lovely little 9 hole (actually 10) set up and only £26 for the round. Wet in many parts but given the rain eminently playable, and fabulous views. Plus with v little run on the fairways this place has two of the toughest par 4s I’ve played this year, or indeed any year. Even though I’ve played the course a few times now, they are real toughies…and you have to play them twice 🙄

Great fun and great hospitality in the clubhouse.

Last edited:

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a lovely day at Huddersfield G today, the weather was fabulous and it is a lovely course, the greens were very slow nd the bunkers not great but still very enjoyable, I played decently, started well but fell away a bit sadly missed too many shortish putts and struggled to get the ball to the hole.