I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It’s always nice to hand your brother his backside on a plate.

Lovely out there today, when I got there I suggested we put cards in, but he said the greens were a bit iffy, so we didn’t….. bad mistake

18-14 after 9 holes
40-33 after 18
No blobs, 4 pars
Missed a number of short putts which was frustrating as it should have been 42/43

Next time I’m going to put a card in and he’ll just have to lump it 😎
Yeah...you know that if you'd put a card in that 40 points would have been 26.......
Nobody was stopping you putting a card in..........😉

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
5 club challenge, strokeplay, off the whites. What a combination.

Got stuck in a bunker on the first, took a 9. Was ready to NR there and then , head was a mess, but persevered.

Ended up playing pretty well for a net 72, happy enough in the circumstances.

Springveldt

Visit site
You should have played yesterday
In your home club open
Course must have been easy......winning score 47 points 🤣😂🤣
Same guy that knocked me and my mate out the doubles comp, before we went out we were told we had no chance. I think we were -2 gross between us and lost 2&1.

Not sure if it’s true or not but we were told he used to be an old Cat 1 player who is now off 13.

Springveldt

Visit site
Strange game .
Two parts of your game can be good the other crap.
But just shows how shortish putts can tidy up a card.
My putting was ridiculous today, couldn’t get the speed on long putts and was leaving everything miles short or bashing it miles long but I barely missed a thing in the range I usually really struggle with. Saved par 6 times from 8-12 foot, I’d usually be lucky to hole 2 of them.

My putting wasn’t even the most impressive in our group, one of my other mates who is also usually a plus golfer (up to scratch this season) shot -2 while losing a ball and also putting the last 7 holes with his 54 degree wedge after kicking his putter on 11 and the head flew off. He still made 2 birdies in the last 7 while putting with a wedge. 😂

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My putting was ridiculous today, couldn’t get the speed on long putts and was leaving everything miles short or bashing it miles long but I barely missed a thing in the range I usually really struggle with. Saved par 6 times from 8-12 foot, I’d usually be lucky to hole 2 of them.

My putting wasn’t even the most impressive in our group, one of my other mates who is also usually a plus golfer (up to scratch this season) shot -2 while losing a ball and also putting the last 7 holes with his 54 degree wedge after kicking his putter on 11 and the head flew off. He still made 2 birdies in the last 7 while putting with a wedge. 😂
I practice putting in winter with a wedge .
You never know.😳