I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
So you’ll represent your Club in the regionals etc?👏👏👏

Yeah, need to get through I think 2 rounds of local qualifiers first though!

All depends on the next match draw, were confident of beating most players at our track off our handicap, if we get drawn away we may struggle with length but we shall see!

PaulMdj

Visit site
Yeah, need to get through I think 2 rounds of local qualifiers first though!

All depends on the next match draw, were confident of beating most players at our track off our handicap, if we get drawn away we may struggle with length but we shall see!
Good luck. Hopefully meet you at Slaley Hall next year in the National play-offs. 😂😂

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Dunstanburgh Castle today, 4 ball with mates.

Lovely course with the exception of the 4th, an uphill par 3 which I have played atrociously the 3 times I have visited.

We were 4 down after 4, got it back to 2 down, but were back to 4 down with 5 to play. I asked one of our opponents for a bet on us winning the next 5 holes and the match. We agreed 500/1 was a reasonable price, so I said I'll have a quid on. Unbelievably, we then went on to win the next 5 and the match :D

Disappointing news is that they are planning on moving the signature par 3 hole where you play over a gully, in the shadow of the castle. Too many walkers slowing play down apparently.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Managed to get out for 7 practice holes with my wife along for the walk. Played the first hole (17th) and the second hole (18th) tee shot inch perfectly, but it was downhill after that. Ended up with two pars, three bogeys and two doubles - the two doubles annoyingly both on holes that I don't get a shot on so in theory 'easier' holes. One of those I tried to use the 3 wood off the tee and sliced it so I really don't think it's working out to be very useful as a fairway finder. Will be going back down the 5 wood route.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Managed to get out for 7 practice holes with my wife along for the walk. Played the first hole (17th) and the second hole (18th) tee shot inch perfectly, but it was downhill after that. Ended up with two pars, three bogeys and two doubles - the two doubles annoyingly both on holes that I don't get a shot on so in theory 'easier' holes. One of those I tried to use the 3 wood off the tee and sliced it so I really don't think it's working out to be very useful as a fairway finder. Will be going back down the 5 wood route.
Might need to be one of those things where you persevere for a bit and build the confidence up. Probably trying too hard or steering it to find the fairway

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played against the FiL today around Aberdour. He couldn’t believe how well the greens were running at this time of year.

His iron shots are brilliant to watch, but he still lost 4&3 after I hit a purple patch from 4 through to 13.

Great weather helped.

C7usk

Visit site
Played against the FiL today around Aberdour. He couldn’t believe how well the greens were running at this time of year.

His iron shots are brilliant to watch, but he still lost 4&3 after I hit a purple patch from 4 through to 13.

Great weather helped.
Looks a quality course with nice views of the forth. 👍

Mandofred

Visit site
Only playing once a week or so these days.....and for some reason seem to be playing more consistently. +7 today with a double at the last hole. Just kind of lost interest in playing much golf the last few months.....maybe I'm on my way out with golf.....no idea.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played yesterday evening with a mate. Weather was a bit damp as we got there and decided to try and play a few holes to see how it went. No chance of a full round as we have 5 holes shut at the moment for bunker renovation. As we started the rain got heavier and the 3rd and 4th greens were starting to flood as we got there. Luckily the 4th is right back at the clubhouse so we decided to be sensible and call it a day and headed to the range for a match on the Top tracer. A/S after 18 and had 6 balls left so just enough for a Nearest the Pin tie break. First time I have warmed up on the course before going to the range :ROFLMAO:

Springveldt

Visit site
Even when I strike it well it fades a lot. Just not sure it's for me.
Sounds more like a case of you aren't controlling the club face and leaving it open. If you can hit your 5 wood well it might be worth trying to grip down on the 3 wood a bit more to make it the same length as the 5 wood and see if you can control the face a bit better that way? Either that or maybe try closing the club face a fraction before you grip the club so it's more like those draw biased drivers.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds more like a case of you aren't controlling the club face and leaving it open. If you can hit your 5 wood well it might be worth trying to grip down on the 3 wood a bit more to make it the same length as the 5 wood and see if you can control the face a bit better that way? Either that or maybe try closing the club face a fraction before you grip the club so it's more like those draw biased drivers.
My old 5 wood actually has a 3 wood shaft in it funnily enough (since I broke my 7 wood shaft and could only find a 3 wood shaft online so I swapped the 5 wood shaft over..). So I'm used to gripping down a fraction anyway. When I tried the Callaway Smoke driver in my fitting it felt a little more head-heavy than the Ping and harder to control, so might just be the same issue with the woods. I have ordered a G425 SFT 3 wood to try now, hopefully that'll help me square the face up, and the SFT version is meant to be high-launching as well. I know 'it's the indian not the arrow' and all that, but sometimes a different club just sits nicer, suits your eye better, or feels better. Love my Callaway irons and hybrid but not quite convinced on their woods. 😄

Springveldt

Visit site
Teed off at 4:30 yesterday with the plan to play maybe 13 holes or something so no card going in. Was just 2 of us but we managed to rattle round in 2 hours 30 minutes for the full 18 to just beat the fading light. Played matchplay for a pint with me getting 5 shots. I was 3 up after 11 and only +1 overall but game fell to bits and my mate won 4 of the next 6 holes (3 bogeys and a double in those holes for me) to leave me 1 down going up the last which I get a shot at. Holed a 3 footer on the last for a par to win the hole and tie the match.

I would have ended up +6 and my mate +1 as I think we only conceded putts that were inches from the hole so we both played decently in a fairly strong wind. It was one of those winds were you hit 300+ drives downwind and struggle to get it 200 into.

Springveldt

Visit site
My old 5 wood actually has a 3 wood shaft in it funnily enough (since I broke my 7 wood shaft and could only find a 3 wood shaft online so I swapped the 5 wood shaft over..). So I'm used to gripping down a fraction anyway. When I tried the Callaway Smoke driver in my fitting it felt a little more head-heavy than the Ping and harder to control, so might just be the same issue with the woods. I have ordered a G425 SFT 3 wood to try now, hopefully that'll help me square the face up, and the SFT version is meant to be high-launching as well. I know 'it's the indian not the arrow' and all that, but sometimes a different club just sits nicer, suits your eye better, or feels better. Love my Callaway irons and hybrid but not quite convinced on their woods. 😄
I know what you mean when a club "suits your eye" as I tried that new Paradym 5 hybrid for the first time on Saturday. 185 yard par 3 over a cliff face and as I sat it down I was thinking "this is pointing off the planet left" and I promptly topped my tee shot into the North sea. Haven't tried to hit it since. :LOL:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Back 9 closed for Greens Maintenance so it was round the front 9 early...
Played OK but the greens are slow, bumpy and full of holes so they're not worth putting on until they've finished the work.
Yesterday the front 9 was closed and they took the opportunity to cut the long rough back.
First out on the front 9 today and, Oh Boy, did I find some balls!
Probably left 2 or 3 piles of 20 balls that I don't use for others to persuse...kept about 3p decent balls for my stash...
Due to weather, circumstances and the maintenance I haven't played a full round for what seems like forever!