I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How slow? Heard from one of the back markers in our 4BBB board comp yesterday. 6 hours 20 minutes.

Think that's the pace the 4 Italian lads took around our place when they rocked up and decided they would try golf.
Not one of them had hit a ball before and it showed.
They were out in a buggie and had to get a spare as they ran down the battery zig zagging about.
They probably never played again but at least they got their moneys worth that time. Haha

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Jeez what a frustrating game this can be

Big Medal comp today (The Earl Of Bucks Medal) which @Imurg won last year

Needless to say, he didnt retain his trophy, (big time), ive rarely seen him play so inconsistantly, he wasnt a happy bunny

I played like a lemon, but we both tied on net 80, loads behind the pace, but we didnt come last.

The only good thing I can take from today is that my knees are holding out much better than they have for a while
So I can take that and build on it (y)

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played at High Post yesterday. Absolutely nothing wrong with the course or the condition of it, but I have yet to find a downland course that I like.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Played in a pairs scramble yesterday.
No idea how the fella in the other pair manages to ever play solo, he was jabbering so much to his PP pre/post every shot (what's gonna happen, what did happen and what was supposed to happen) and he was never ready to hit his shot (I even broke into a short jog to get away from him when he tried to tell me about what was supposed to happen to one his putts that didn't drop)

Springveldt

Visit site
Betterball comp today and with the sea mist as well it was a slow, slow round. Both me and my partner played great golf though, shot a gross 73 which gave us a net 63. We scored on 9 holes each so not sure what will happen handicap wise with that as I believe you can get cuts now in betterball?

Play actually got stopped for about 20 minutes due to the mist, it was clearing and then coming back due to the wind coming in from the east. By the end of the round it had finally burned off though.

Net 63 left us in 4th place after only 14 entered scores, so god knows what the winners are going to shoot.
So I read into the rules on BB scoring and I won’t be getting a cut as I “only” had 21 points on my 9 scoring holes and the maximum you can get from your partner is 13.5 points (1.5 points per net par or better). My playing partner had 24 points on his 9 so he should get a cut.

Really frustrating actually as I played well and probably would have had 38 points on my own (+5 gross or 37 at worse) as I holed out on 8 of the other 9 holes (picked up a 3 footer on 16 as we could actually hit our tee shots on 17 without waiting for once) as it was so slow in front and I wanted to practice my short putts.

Just feels like I wasted a good round now as not only do I not get a cut but we finished 6th in the comp so we get nothing for that as well.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So I read into the rules on BB scoring and I won’t be getting a cut as I “only” had 21 points on my 9 scoring holes and the maximum you can get from your partner is 13.5 points (1.5 points per net par or better). My playing partner had 24 points on his 9 so he should get a cut.

Really frustrating actually as I played well and probably would have had 38 points on my own (+5 gross or 37 at worse) as I holed out on 8 of the other 9 holes (picked up a 3 footer on 16 as we could actually hit our tee shots on 17 without waiting for once) as it was so slow in front and I wanted to practice my short putts.

Just feels like I wasted a good round now as not only do I not get a cut but we finished 6th in the comp so we get nothing for that as well.
I had the same thing last year - my best round of the year came in a 4BBB match, we lost it 4&3, played one more hole so I was only 7 over after 16 holes, then it started raining so we sacked it off. Probably would have shot 75-77, best round of the year completely wasted. :LOL:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out again today...similar dross to yesterday and with the Senior's Championship on Wednesday I'm not feeling it right now....
Just going to play it as almost a practice round d with extremely low expectations.......
Still a stupid game

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played at where the wife is a member. The course is in a shocking state. It was like playing in a farmers field. I kid you not. The greens were poor as well. Picked up six balls lost in what should be semi rough, but was like being in couch grass. The cost of a round there is currently £33. We used points, but will not be back for at least a month. I did notice big gaps in their senior section comp bookings, which are normally rammed. Lots of names missing that I used to know and play with. Posted this on our lads Golf trip app. One came back immediately that he had cancelled his membershipvdue to the state of the place.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
An improvement over the last couple of days, a mixed yesterday in which I played better in parts and then a match at Worsley GC today where I was giving 11 shots to someone who parred 4 holes on the front nine and where even though I lost 3&2 I played a lot better.

AussieKB

Visit site
Are you jumping the fences and missing out the 1st and 18th?🤣
No I am lucky to have some great contacts.....plus I brought the sun with me for the three days, heading back to Sussex today, so no golf and it's raining......
hope to open my suitcase again on Friday and let the sun out for more golf on my way to Devon.