I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played at Prenton GC yesterday, played poorly for 25 points.
I struggled off the tee on a few holes which wasn't ideal.
The greens weren't up to speed yet after the wet winter and I just could not get the ball to the hole, four-putted one green!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played the senior open at the Kings in Inverness yesterday, was woeful and thats being kind to myself. shot 82 and must have been in at least 20 bunkers, was in 3 on a couple of holes. 14 deg of bounce and no sand isnt a great combo :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Other than being very very good off the tee. I completely forgot how to play golf last night. Only hit 3 greens in reg and 3 putted 2 of them.

I had 7 approach shots with a wedge. I missed a green from 105 by so much that I lost the ball.

On the 9th I hit an 8 iron left of the green. I was pin high with 54 yards still to the hole 😳

Couldn’t hit an iron, fats, thins and even a topped 6 iron. Chipping and putting was so bad it was funny.

This time last week I was very happy that I was improving and thinking about that old Cat 1 handicap. Silly game.

Springveldt

Visit site
Other than being very very good off the tee. I completely forgot how to play golf last night. Only hit 3 greens in reg and 3 putted 2 of them.

I had 7 approach shots with a wedge. I missed a green from 105 by so much that I lost the ball.

On the 9th I hit an 8 iron left of the green. I was pin high with 54 yards still to the hole 😳

Couldn’t hit an iron, fats, thins and even a topped 6 iron. Chipping and putting was so bad it was funny.

This time last week I was very happy that I was improving and thinking about that old Cat 1 handicap. Silly game.
Same happened to me for 2 rounds in a row there but last round they were back to be good again, especially mid and long irons. As you said, stupid game.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Absolute shocker in the swindle today. 15 over (85) for 23 points and dead last. For some unknown reason I was fighting an over the top swing all the way round.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
My woes continue, played on Thursday and came off after 12 holes due to feeling ill, up to then I hadn't played great but did mange a par and a birdie, yesterday i played at Denton in a county event a shockingly mixed bag, 2 birdies, 3 eights, resulting in a round of 102 and a handicap increase. I really need a lesson to sort my game out but it is so busy at the moment I have no time to fit one in.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Had a very enjoyable day at Hoylake yesterday, 10 holes warm up in the morning and a foursomes comp in the afternoon.

Weather was perfect and the course was in great condition, but there were some devilish hole positions.

The right hand bunker on "Little Eye" is no more, it's now a very deep swale which still must be very intimidating to play from!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out dead early this morning...practice round for defending my Earl of Buckinghamshire Medal tomorrow
Hit the ball as well as I've hit it for some time and if I play like that tomorrow...well, you never know...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Glorious day in Northumberland, I played like a dog 😭. Woeful front 9, the game felt alien. Managed to recover back to plain average on the back 9, a huge relief in the circumstances.

Driving was terrible so I switched to 3 wood. 3 wood worked well 🤷‍♂️. Everything else was hit and miss. Just weird.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No worse than a 5 on the card today.
Only problem was two of them were on par 3s.
7 over off the back sticks. Not bad in the grand scheme of things.
Fixed my driver mid round which has been awful for last 3 rounds. Just shallowed it out on the transition and was pumping it again.
Playing kinda pull draw irons which are consistent and long.
Overall happy with the round. :)

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
4bbb board comp at ours. Off the back blocks. My partner and me struggled to 36 points but, my god, was it slow.

Two of our regular roll up group walked in having taken 1 hour 40 minutes to play the first three holes. I’m keeping an eye on the scores coming in, and it looks like those starting after 10am are enduring 6 hour rounds.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played in the medal , just outside my handicap in glorious weather . Played well in general, much happier than recently but missed 4 absolute tiddlers.

PaulMdj

Visit site
4bbb board comp at ours. Off the back blocks. My partner and me struggled to 36 points but, my god, was it slow.

Two of our regular roll up group walked in having taken 1 hour 40 minutes to play the first three holes. I’m keeping an eye on the scores coming in, and it looks like those starting after 10am are enduring 6 hour rounds.
I’d of binned it! Just over 4hrs for us today and we waited on every tee and fairway on the back 9!