I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Scratch KO today

4 hours !!! Because the group in front wouldn’t let us through because “there is a 4 ball in front of us” !!

Anyway

Nice solid round , was 2 under par and 3 up at halfway , then 3 birdies on the bounce got the game pretty much won

Found a little bit of form at the right time
Similar to my round in our knockout today.

Caught a group on the 4th who teed of a good 20 minutes to half an hour before us.

We waited on every shot thereafter until they went in after 9 holes. We were bang on 2 hours for the 9. It was painful.

Turns out it was last years president in front. Disgraceful really.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Big major day at mine yesterday. I played out of my skin for 9. Then it was hang on by my finger nails, making a few scary putts, amazing chips close to just scrambled a bogey, a 7 on stroke index one, followed with a 2, on par three that was so close to a hole in one. Came in with an 84 gross nett 66. Will it be enough?

Mandofred

Visit site
Put new larger grips on yesterday....Lamkin jumbo/oversize with at least 5 tapes under. Went out early this morning to try them....and I go around in 2 1/2 hrs even hitting a few extra shots and waiting a couple of times for the workers. Good results so far. I had to shift a couple of clubs around though....getting a little tight in the bag with those bigger grips on. I really need to get a hook grip cutter though....scratched my driver shaft fairly decently getting the old grip off. My new box cutter has new sharp blades.....I pushed way too hard.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First few holes for a while. I decided to just use a 3 wood and 4 iron as my long clubs. Tee to green no problem, but the greens were dry and baked hard .. so putting was difficult to judge the speed initially and actually hitting greens wasn’t rewarding.. I hate that.

AussieKB

Visit site
Just back to Sussex after my trip West, played Burnham and Berrow, what a great course, they have Final Open qualifying there soon, so the rough is brutal, poor front nine but shot 2 over round the back nine, so quite happy with that, great reception from the GM.

Then onto Saunton, where I had 33 points in a foursomes on the East course, winners 35 points and then next day I had 32 points on the West course, played all three days in brilliant sunshine, rest for a few days and then back into it on the weekend.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Managed 18 holes this afternoon after seeing forecast for tomorrow🫣

Played 2 balls at times, trying different makes etc, not sure I’m any further forward on which ball to use as the bad shots were down to the dope holding the Club😂😂

Last edited:

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played in an England Golf seniors event at Sherwood Forest today, I played better than I have done so far this season, scored 32 points, but sadly had five 3 putts, I had the pace of the greens early on but lost in the middle of the round where I 3 putted 3 holes on the trot when the first was for a birdie, still it was nice to see some positives in my game.

The course looked great however, the bunkers were hard work with hard impacted sand, the greens could have been better too certainly a bit uneven in places.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Went and played this evening, tee’d off at about half 7 in the drizzle. Was actually pretty relaxing, nobody else around. Got 10 holes in before leaving and was +3 gross for those holes. Sunk some putts that I had no right in doing which definitely helped.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Weekly medal yesterday. What I thought was a hopeless score turned out to be my 9th best due to PCC of +3.
Lost a counting score and went up by 0.1

Next week I will lose my best score from last year and could go up by 0.8 if it is replaced with yesterday's score.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Pairs knockout match last night. Managed to win the first with a great second shot from the 18th fairway. Very tight from there onwards. Went 2 up after 7, they pulled it back to 1 on 10, it fluctuated between 1 and 2 up until the 16th when I had a putt to win the match. Shaved the hole but no luck.

They won the 17th, so we went up the 18th in near darkness with us 1 up and getting a shot. Their low guy striped one up the middle, his partner went OOB. My partner hit a poor drive, I hit my best one of the match. They put their 2nd in a greenside bunker, I was just short. Chipped on and hit a decent lag putt, they made a bit of a mess of the bunker shot, and conceded.

Really enjoyable match, onwards and upwards.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A soli and dominant 5&3 win for me and the old man yesterday in the annual pairs knockouts.

Into round 3 we go, some filthy golf on show last night!

Capped the night off with a couple of celebratory beers and a debrief, love nights like that with my dad!
So this is why you've been sandbagging your handicap..

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
So this is why you've been sandbagging your handicap..

Nope, just been playing rubbish recently! For an extended period too!

Now the course has somewhat recovered though its getting easier to score, honestly 2 months back we were losing balls on the fairway and it was just a joke.

Voyager EMH

Visit site
Nope, just been playing rubbish recently! For an extended period too!

Now the course has somewhat recovered though its getting easier to score, honestly 2 months back we were losing balls on the fairway and it was just a joke.
Our course is still in recovery mode. My recent two handicap qualifying comps have had PCC of +1 and +3. Still placing on closely mown areas as well.

My Hi is now 4.4 and worst case scenario for next week is that it goes to 5.2.
Playing Handicap of 7 for individual strokeplay, if that happens. That will be fun.

Voyager EMH

Visit site
Ever made a 2 in a comp, the only 2 in the whole comp - but not entered the 2’s? 😂

I did that yesterday 😂😂😂
While you were doing that on Saturday, a chap at my club no-returned on the first hole. Maybe he forgot it was a medal.
Look what he did after that. Hope he entered the 2s sweep. His ace counts as two 2s.

Hole in one and a 2.jpg