I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Strange game today
Starting on the 10th, I played our first 9 like a complete knob whereas CVG absolutely burnt it up...
7 points down at the turn....
All of a sudden the roles were reversed and his game fell apart and played 1 under my handicap...
Ended up winning by a point...
Stupid game...

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
9 holes today, used the driver where a 3 wood would have been better and double bogeyed .. but got myself back on track greens were slow so they will be cut tomorrow and be rapid .. I enjoyed myself.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
14 holes today, it's the future I tell you 😍. After the intense rain of midweek my pp and I decided not to play in the comp and we have a point where we can cross from 11 to 16. Brilliant. 4 hard holes missed, the 4 wettest holes missed ☺.

I focused on two things today. A lighter grip, getting my left shoulder under my chin on my backswing. Both worked well. Driving was much better, hybrids and irons were flusher as well. Really good practice round.

Enjoying my new 26⁰ hybrid, thanks @nickjdavis . A little bit of extra weight in the head compared to my usual hybrid gives more confidence in the swing. I know it's still the honeymoon period but signs are good.

I'd happily play a 14 hole course, big thumbs up from me.

Springveldt

Visit site
Played really well tee to fringe today but short game really let me down. I just couldn’t get the pace of the greens today, left everything miles short, even the putt on the last I left 4 foot short.

Out in +1 playing really good stuff, was actually disappointed to be over par. Back 9 I just kept chucking shots away, 2 3 putts, a miss from 3 foot and 2 to get out a bunker meant a +6 back 9 for 35 points and a 5.5 differential.

One of those what could have been rounds.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Monthly stableford today. Went round for 37pts and a blob .. the blob was amazing. I landed on a mole hill and played it as it lay, badly then had to take a drop and dropped on it, which in hindsight I did not have to do.. there comes a time when you should step away count to 5 and then sort yourself out.
I played 3wood mainly off the tee, the time I used the driver I was in the bunker .. so need to resist the temptation or just drop it from the bag until it starts to beat the 3 wood.

Springveldt

Visit site
Monthly stableford today. Went round for 37pts and a blob .. the blob was amazing. I landed on a mole hill and played it as it lay, badly then had to take a drop and dropped on it, which in hindsight I did not have to do.. there comes a time when you should step away count to 5 and then sort yourself out.
I played 3wood mainly off the tee, the time I used the driver I was in the bunker .. so need to resist the temptation or just drop it from the bag until it starts to beat the 3 wood.
A mole hill is a free drop from nearest point of relief plus a club length. You are mental trying to play from it.

Mandofred

Visit site
Typical Fred golf today....it's really starting to get to me. +1 for the first 6. 2 holes of
:poop::poop:. Fix things and play fine for another 6 or so holes. Then a couple holes of :poop::poop: ..... and then finish fine. I need a sports psychologist.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Medal today.....and the run of double bogeys continues
Just the 4 today and I finished nett 4 over....
Bloody stupid game...
All belts, laces and sharp implements have been taken away from Fragger......not a good day at the office.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
15th place out of 90 entrants in today's comp.
No change to HI, I believe.
Course still playing loooong. Chance of a PCC as only 15.5% of field were 34 points or more and only 18.9% of field were 33 points or more.

Haha - winner on 38 points was a player off scratch (HI + 0.9) who made 5 birdies and 3 bogeys.

(EDIT: There was indeed a PCC of +1 which meant that I equalled by 8th best and the winner got cut from +0.9 to +1.4)

Last edited:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Out last night once the kids were down - chasing the sun.

Very mixed bag, started like a train and then went triple, par, double, triple before going on a decent run again.

There's a game in there somewhere and I finished on 33pts despite the blow up holes.

Some great up and downs from 30 yards or so but also some really poor chips from much closer. Seem to struggle with judging the weight from the greenside rough.

Edit. Had the course to myself and got round in 2 hours - cracking evening.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
played at Rhos on Sea yesterday, the course is right by the sea but not a links, it was pretty wet underfoot, and apparently couple of days ago was flooded but they got a pump to help remove the water so it waws pretty good that it was even open, my game was mixed hit a lot of good shots although with the soft fairways I didn't get much run, which I do need to be able to reach par 4s, Then near the end of the round I hot 3 tee shots into the ground, very worrying as I often rely on my consistency off the tee.
I did win a prize for nearest the pin which was nice.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a singles match, first round of a mid-handicap knockout. Don't know why I bothered entering this, my game is rubbish and my handicap is far too low at the moment. Gave away some utterly stupid holes like slicing two drives OB on the 4th, topping my drive into the cabbage on the 8th - somehow was only 1 down after the front nine but lost 10 and 11 (another couple of ridiculous slices), just about halved my shot hole on the 12th by sinking a 6 footer for double bogey, won the 13th out of nowhere but promptly lost the 14th & 15th for a 4&3 defeat. Just hopeless. Never had even a molecule of confidence that I would win. And we got rained on a few times. Waste of an afternoon and a waste of 6 quid entering.

Last edited:

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Interesting day today, had everything from a birdie to a quad bogey on the card today, including three 7’s in a row.

Don’t think I’ve played that badly before

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
A little like Steve, I had a birdie and a quad (back to back!) but avoided three 7s in a row.
My thanks to @need_my_wedge for a cracking round at Ladybank, Fife.
Member's guest rate of £20 is an absolute bargain for such an incredible course! Saved £100!
Drove the ball pretty averagely, but was hitting irons very nicely, and didn’t putt badly, but my God, those greens! You have to read them from both sides of the hole otherwise they will fool you.
It's a stunning course and I'd happily play it every week if it wasn't for the 900 mile round trip! 🤣

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
A little like Steve, I had a birdie and a quad (back to back!) but avoided three 7s in a row.
My thanks to @need_my_wedge for a cracking round at Ladybank, Fife.
Member's guest rate of £20 is an absolute bargain for such an incredible course! Saved £100!
Drove the ball pretty averagely, but was hitting irons very nicely, and didn’t putt badly, but my God, those greens! You have to read them from both sides of the hole otherwise they will fool you.
It's a stunning course and I'd happily play it every week if it wasn't for the 900 mile round trip! 🤣
Cracking afternoon, really good fun hosting Bratty and another couple of lads. Great company and a fun round. Course in really good nick, Simon and myself sealing the match on the last. Golf wise my driving was pretty hit and miss but made up for it with short game on enough holes to help steal the win.

Last edited: