I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Springveldt

Visit site
i have stopped entering the 2's as I was not scaring the greens let along make pars. Now since I haven't gone in it I've made a 2 on a par 3 most comps now. The golf gods are always watching
I always enter the 2's as you just never know when they are coming. Last season I went what seemed like 3 months without a 2 at one point then had loads in a row.

I'm pretty sure I always come out ahead at the end of the year. New place will be interesting, there are only 2 par 3's (old club had 5) so the 2's often pay out more than winning the sweep. I had one the other midweek and got £15.50 (had carried over from the previous midweek) for it while my mate won the sweep and got £10.50 as it was shared with some other guy. I'm not sure if he gets anything at the end of the season for winning the comp as well as he won on countback.

The midweek sweep is not well supported at my new club which is a shame as they run it Monday through Friday and you can enter any day and even multiple times if you wish. I think most of the membership just have general play rounds through the week as you are lucky to get 25 entrants to the sweep and that's including my group which usually has 4 of us in it. We are just used to playing comps at the weekend and sweep during the week.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Rule 1...always, always enter the 2s.......you never know, even if you're having a shocker
Absolutely, this season our Captain has a nearest the pin, on a different Par 3 or in two on Par 4, competition every saturday and sunday, costs a £1.00 and winner gets £50.00 on bar or pro shop account and remainder goes to his Charity.

Playing with a bloke on saturday who put it to 2 feet and then told us he doesn’t enter!🫣 at the time he was closest, with 6 groups to go and would of won.

He then follows this up by getting the 2, which it turned out was only worth £8.00 per 2 due to the amount got that day.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ever since our club built a new par 3, they've got rid of the twos in most comps and replaced it with 'first official hole in one' thing for the new holes. £1 in and it builds up, first person to get a HIO in a comp gets the lot. I definitely don't put in for that as I've only hit the green about 3 times let alone scared the hole.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Ever since our club built a new par 3, they've got rid of the twos in most comps and replaced it with 'first official hole in one' thing for the new holes. £1 in and it builds up, first person to get a HIO in a comp gets the lot. I definitely don't put in for that as I've only hit the green about 3 times let alone scared the hole.
Never had a hole in one and I've been playing since 1976

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played Oakdale, Harrogate, in an open today. As expected, it honked it down. We reached the 7th before it was called off. Greens had standing water on them. Shame but not unexpected.

Course was in great condition, semi and rough were fully under control. First time this season I've seen this, well done.

Played the 1st well, got my par. Played like a plank after that. Maybe the rain saved me 😄

Thumbs up for my Sealskinz socks, Sunderland waterproof jacket and FJ waterproof trousers. All performed perfectly 😁

Last edited:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played Oakdale, Harrogate, in an open today. As expected, it honked it down. We reached the 7th before it was called off. Greens had standing water on them. Shame but not unexpected.

Course was in great condition, semi and rough were fully under control. First time this season I've seen this, well done.

Played the 1st well, got my par. Played like a plank after that. Maybe the rain saved me 😄

Thumbs up for my Sealskinz socks, Sunderland waterproof jacket and FJ waterproof trousers. All performed perfectly 😁
What happens now? Refund or rearranged date?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just come back from our 60 Not Out Tour. This year based in Nottinghamshire (a homecoming for me, although not in golfing terms). Day 1 was at The Nottinghamshire (not to be confused with the rather more reknown/prestigious Notts Golf Club). It was a decent enough course, but not outstanding. Played absolute rubbish - again. Day 2 was supposed to be Rufford Park but was closed for the day due to seriously heavy rain. But the the real gem today was Sherwood Forest. Absolutely magnificent course and certainly deserved its place in the Top 100 courses of the UK. Loved every hole and would go back like a shot. And that it's only 15 min from my Ma's house is a bonus. And that I had my best round for nearly 2 years doesn't colour anything (gross 85, 42 points if you're interested) .

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Ponteland Seniors Open yesterday.

Was expecting it to be closed after the deluge on Wednesday but it was open and in very good condition considering.

Pulled 3 or 4 drives miles left which is most unlike me, fortunately the course is wide open, so got away with it other than one lost ball. putted poorly, but other than that, played well.

Rain was on and off all day, but didn’t stop us enjoying it.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played last night in a match at my place, work society knockout. Giving 14 shots, I was 4 down after 5 but rallied hard and got it back to AS after 9 holes.

I was 3 up with 3 to play but lost the 16th hole, but I managed to close it out on the 17th with a tidy par. I was 3 over on the back 9 and having to play some ridiculously good golf just to stay ahead!