I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

AussieKB

Visit site
Played a 4bbb match play, we were two down with two to play and got out of jail, my partner won the 17th with a nett birdie and I won the last with a par, driver and five iron to the green, our opposition could only manage a bogey, very lucky.

Mandofred

Visit site
Played a 4bbb match play, we were two down with two to play and got out of jail, my partner won the 17th with a nett birdie and I won the last with a par, driver and five iron to the green, our opposition could only manage a bogey, very lucky.
Doesn't that make you all square after 18? Am I missing something?

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Texas Scramble today. Getting 9 shots as a team and we played really well. Only had to have 3 tee shots each, which we sorted by the 14th.

All of us contributed for a gross -10, with a bogey! Finished up 5th.

I hit a couple of huge drives today, and a driver off the deck which came off perfectly.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Well we were sat 2nd for a while

Now down to 5th , team winning with 95 points 😂😂😂

Better than level 5’s in an am-am is just ridiculous. How are us mere mortals supposed to compete with that?

Beau is not a difficult course tee to green particularly, but some of the pin positions can be really tricky, especially if you’re new to the course.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Better than level 5’s in an am-am is just ridiculous. How are us mere mortals supposed to compete with that?

Beau is not a difficult course tee to green particularly, but some of the pin positions can be really tricky, especially if you’re new to the course.

A team recently won with 98 points there the ones that are suspected of a bit of handicap manipulation and cleaning up opens at the moment - i spoke to the starter about them and he said when he saw the results he was a bit lost for words- i showed him results from 5 years ago from when the 20 handicapped was playing off 5

The current team leading have 8 birdies between them and 5 from the 20 handicaps - the pins were in very dodgy places today but greens softened up but to get 95 points it’s just ridiculous

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great day at Alnmouth in a mixed comp. Two smashing playing partners. Had a great laugh. He was off 2. Wow just wow. Could he play. We both scored 36 points so honours even. He never flinched when I out drove him twice. Only two heavy showers as well. Lovely course. Brilliant greens.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Texas Scramble today. Getting 9 shots as a team and we played really well. Only had to have 3 tee shots each, which we sorted by the 14th.

All of us contributed for a gross -10, with a bogey! Finished up 5th.

I hit a couple of huge drives today, and a driver off the deck which came off perfectly.
These guys didn't win! 😮

Screenshot-20240527-203735-Chrome.jpg

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Limited to the Saturday and Sunday because of my back and glad I dodged yesterday. Two call offs because of lightening in the time I was up there having a beer and watching the concluding round. We have a the Staysure seniors qualifying at my course today. The likes of Gary Wolstenholme playing as well as ex tour player Matthew Cort, 2 x British Par 3 champ Richard O'Hanlon, 3 x tour winner Stephen Richardson. My mate has blagged Wolstenholme's bag

Springveldt

Visit site
Well we were sat 2nd for a while

Now down to 5th , team winning with 95 points 😂😂😂
My mate played in one of these earlier in the year, the course they played was very wet, plugged balls in the fairway, juicy wet rough, course playing long etc and the winning team had 97 points.

These guys didn't win! 😮

And that's why people just don't bother with Texas scrambles anymore when you can't win with a round like that. The one at my course earlier this year was won by a team that had 2 7 indexes, a 26 index and a 30 index who shot a gross 62 (-10) between them that gave them a net 49. I think you had to have 3 or 4 tee shots each as well.

Springveldt

Visit site
Managed to get out yesterday afternoon for an unexpected round with my brother in law. Think the only reason I was given permission to play is because it's the wife's little brother and he's only managed to have 1 game this year so far.

Similar story to the weekend, played brilliantly for the front 9 and turned in -1, then the wheels came off. 3 putted 10, failed to get up and down from the fringe on 11 and 12, chunked an 80 yard pitch shot 30 yards on 13, birdied 14 and then finished double (3 hacks to get out of wet, thick rough), bogey (missed from 3 foot), double (OB from tee) and double (OB from fairway) for a very disappointing +9.

I think I had the ball too far back in my stance for the final 2 holes as both OB shots were both 30 yard blocks to the right, the ball flight was straight, no curvature, just straight right. It was into a strong wind coming off the right so I was aiming out that way and trying to flight it down but must have overdone it.

No harm done though as my brother in law doesn't have an official handicap so I couldn't put a score in and it gives me some things to think about.

Mandofred

Visit site
Out first this morning. 2:20 for the round hitting an occasional second ball. Course is in great shape. Experimented a lot on the front 9 and then played about +2 or +3 on the back. Experimenting with the Superstroke 5.0 putter grip....but.....it's sooooo big. Too bad they don't make 4.0.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
These guys didn't win! 😮

What course is that on and was it a 4 man scramble? Without seeing the course I would expect very low scores on a very short course unless it was extremely difficult.
Obviously the hole in one is lucky.

I played in a scramble last week on a course a more than a thousand yards longer in tough conditions and we shot 11 under, we were 7 under on the front 9 where we missed a couple of eagle chances, then had a run of 4 pars to start the back 9 where we just couldn’t hole a putt. We were inches from shooting 57/58.