I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Teebs

Visit site
Medal. I'd be dangerous if I could putt consistently. Our greens are so quick at the moment it's easy to roll one 4ft past.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Drove well, putted well, the rest............😭. Pulled it together for the last few holes so finished on a high.

It's almost as though playing once a week isn't conducive to good golf 🤔

On the upside, the greens are excellent right now. A real pleasure to putt on.

My mate has bought some senior shaft, Cleveland Halo XL irons. Wide sole things, aims to get the ball in the air quickly. I tried one on the last hole. Oh my word, wonderful to hit. So easy, up they went. Food for thought.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Swindle this morning - solid bogey to start , then 3 birdies in 5 holes back ro 2 under and finished the front 9 with back to back birdies for a 4 under front 9 , then rattled off 6 pars on the bounce , snuck another birdie and finished with 2 more pars for a 5 under 66 and 41 points

Lost on countback 😂

No mediocre golf for you today then

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
One of the guys who is in our fuddle works in the club shop. He put on our whattsapp group I had won £52 for the two I shot on out 17th. It was the only two of the day. Not sure what it made for winning the comp or if that £52 includes me winning it. Whatever. Happy days

Mandofred

Visit site
Finally....a decent solid round. Nothing great, but a solid +8 in windy conditions that were driving everybody else nuts. Nothing worse than a bogie.

Mandofred

Visit site
Do you have a set? I take it you like them? How long before you get bored and want to sell them for half the price 😂
I have a set of Sub 70 799 irons (5-pw) I bought about 2 years ago. I'm going to be selling them soon as well as my old Cobra LTDx ls driver.....I'm not using them, so I'm getting rid of them cheap. I've gone even darker than big irons....hybrid irons from the company Eleven.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Played a wee away day at greencastle. Havnt been playing well of late. Continued today but got it going after a while.
Disaster struck on the 16th. Had 170 right into a strong breeze. Tried to hit a 3 iron off an uphill lie. Did my best to try and keep it down.
Made funny contact and felt a ping in my groin. Next swing, yep, it's gone. Played the last couple of holes on one leg. That's me out for the next while.
Gutted. :(

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I decided that as I was playing so badly this year, I was hampering myself by not putting cards in. I need to take the hit and get some more shots if I was going to score well at all. So I decided to put a general play card in today. Well you can guess what happened next. I only went and shot 81 for a likely 0.2 cut! What a ridiculous game we play.

Seven pars, only two doubles. I was trying that eureka swing that has been discussed on here, and it just worked, the difference was staggering. I was hitting it so straight. Putter continued to work brilliantly (just 28 putts for the round). I'm just amazed, some decent golf appeared out of absolutely nowhere. And now after five months of rubbish I've accidentally got myself cut. 😂

Springveldt

Visit site
Played this morning and yet again a game of two halves. +1 on the front 9, +5 on the back 9, same pattern for the previous 2 rounds.

Hit the driver terrible today, it was the worst of both worlds both short and inaccurate. I've been happy to sacrifice a bit of distance for accuracy off the tee as I've been hitting my irons great and luckily they and my chipping saved me today. First round in ages where my short game showed up, I played some brilliant pitches/chips that I knocked stone dead.
Putting let me down on the back 9, missed 4 short putts on the back 9 (all between 3-6 feet) and also sent one with driver into the deep crap on 13 for a lost ball.

Shots gained tells the story compared to a 5 handicap, -2.5 driving, +1.9 approach, +5 short game and -1.7 putting.

Overall delighted though, it's a scoring round and the Eureka swing is still working. My last 4 rounds are all counting rounds now.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Swindle this morning - solid bogey to start , then 3 birdies in 5 holes back ro 2 under and finished the front 9 with back to back birdies for a 4 under front 9 , then rattled off 6 pars on the bounce , snuck another birdie and finished with 2 more pars for a 5 under 66 and 41 points

Lost on countback 😂
That’s good golf !

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s good golf !
Sounds like my swindle. I play under par and someone with 23 shots beats me every time. They then say it must be hard with your handicap 😢 They have no idea how much you have to grind. I’m sure some of them think it just happens.

Edit:
Should have been a reply to the post above from Arthur Wedge.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
That’s good golf !

Cheers - found a little bit of form

Sounds like my swindle. I play under par and someone with 23 shots beats me every time. They then say it must be hard with your handicap 😢 They have no idea how much you have to grind. I’m sure some of them think it just happens.

Edit:
Should have been a reply to the post above from Arthur Wedge.

Spot on

The guy who beat me on countback has said that I struggle playing to scratch because I don’t hit it far enough 😂 he was a bit too smug after winning Saturday 🤬