I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cracking day out at Ormskirk. What a brilliant course. Played with a nice couple as well. Front 9 was great. Back nine not so good. I've completely lost how to hit irons from the fairway. Got to go, the wife needs her back massaging after carrying me round. Oh, and she's enjoyed the day, so it must have been awesome!😁

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Medal today. For 12 holes i scored nothing but 4's and 6's. The I ballsed my card up (even more) with some 5's and a 9.

The rough was utterly brutal. Never seen so many provisional balls played by a single fourball. If scientists ever need some sort of impact resistant material then they might consider doing some research into what makes clover so damned resistant to the passage of a golf club.

MACM85

Visit site
I decided that as I was playing so badly this year, I was hampering myself by not putting cards in. I need to take the hit and get some more shots if I was going to score well at all. So I decided to put a general play card in today. Well you can guess what happened next. I only went and shot 81 for a likely 0.2 cut! What a ridiculous game we play.

Seven pars, only two doubles. I was trying that eureka swing that has been discussed on here, and it just worked, the difference was staggering. I was hitting it so straight. Putter continued to work brilliantly (just 28 putts for the round). I'm just amazed, some decent golf appeared out of absolutely nowhere. And now after five months of rubbish I've accidentally got myself cut. 😂

Where did you find some video's on the way it is supposed to work with the Eureka swing? I have only seen the ones where he wants you to sign up to his websbite.

Springveldt

Visit site
Where did you find some video's on the way it is supposed to work with the Eureka swing? I have only seen the ones where he wants you to sign up to his websbite.
I watched them years ago as I’ve been watching Steve’s videos for a long time. There are still some videos on his channel but I think he moved a lot of them behind the paywall on his website.

I just use a simple concept, have my feet/hips open at address, have my shoulders square to the target and then feel most pressure on my left side and feel as if I’m swinging more to the right of target.

Yesterday was the first time that my driver was poor with it but it was a face control issue as I just struggled to get the face closed. Irons have been great since I switched to this, especially low point and contact. It’s nearly eliminated my chunks and I’m gaining shots nearly every round on approaches now compared to a 5 handicap.

I might just be going through a good patch of golf and any stance would work but so far for the last month now my game has been in a good place. I’m going to continue with it until my game falls apart again.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've seen a few posted on this forum, only sort of 5 minutes ones but you get the jist. The basic premise seemed to be; feet set open to target, clubface and shoulders aligned to target, and try and strike it kind of in-to-out. Although the last part was more of a feel thing for me, I doubt I was actually doing that.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I decided that as I was playing so badly this year, I was hampering myself by not putting cards in. I need to take the hit and get some more shots if I was going to score well at all. So I decided to put a general play card in today. Well you can guess what happened next. I only went and shot 81 for a likely 0.2 cut! What a ridiculous game we play.

Seven pars, only two doubles. I was trying that eureka swing that has been discussed on here, and it just worked, the difference was staggering. I was hitting it so straight. Putter continued to work brilliantly (just 28 putts for the round). I'm just amazed, some decent golf appeared out of absolutely nowhere. And now after five months of rubbish I've accidentally got myself cut. 😂
Well played👍 good to come out of a slump, similar to me been after scoring around 95-100 in competitions and even one round was 110😡 I won our club championship H/c Saturday with gross 88 came out of nowhere.

Might give this eureka swing a go as my iron play is so poor.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well played👍 good to come out of a slump, similar to me been after scoring around 95-100 in competitions and even one round was 110😡 I won our club championship H/c Saturday with gross 88 came out of nowhere.

Might give this eureka swing a go as my iron play is so poor.
It's amazing how a small set-up change can make such a difference. I don't have a lot of rotation in my swing I don't think, so setting my feet open really helped me turn through and get a better strike position. Could be a one-off though, time will tell.

I just checked my putting stats in Hole19 though and I only had 11 putts on the back nine, that'll help. :ROFLMAO:

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Caversham Heath yesterday, or The Caversham, as it's now known, the first time since the changes to the course and the new clubhouse, and I was very impressed with both! Clubhouse was very nice, food beforehand was good, the course was in good condition and I liked the new layout.

I drove it pretty well, irons were ok but my putting was horrendous, the 3-putt on the 3rd after having 10ft for birdie the lowlight.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played at Kettering GC for the first time today, in a seniors match.

Enjoyed the course and the greens were the fastest I've seen this year.

Won our match but lost overall.

Mandofred

Visit site
Played on my own again this morning. I shouldn't say it out loud....but I think I've fixed a few things for the better. Well enough that I'm going back in again first thing in the morning. I'd like to get the swing set so I don't have to think about it much. Just switch grips on my Evnroll putter this afternoon, so I'll try that out in the morning as well.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Seniors 4BBB Open at our place today. First group out came in with a 45. May as well have closed the comp there and then :D

We played ok for 37 points, putting let us down big time though.
Played in 4BBB Open last year winning score was 48 captain came over to speak to us after prize giving and he kind of sheepishly said 45 won it last year and they thought that was a good score.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Played yesterday and Saturday - I've already mentioned the issues from Sunday elsewhere - but Saturday, it was a family fun day, Texas Scramble up at Dewsbury - organised by the Junior section
Made up a team with myself and Jamie, my brother - who plays no more than twice a year these days and the missus, who you could count on Bart Simpsons right hand the amount of times she's played an 18 hole course - so clearly - scoring wasn't going to be our forte. Had a great time though, the wife really enjoyed it, had her obligatory 3 drives in by the 11th - which was a bit of relief. Nowhere near the prizes but managed a gross level par back nine - not bad given the standard in the team.

Hopefully they do more of them, as I'm sure a lot more clubs probably could. It's a great way of getting people who have hang ups about being on a golf course, out there without any pressure.

BunkerPlayer

Visit site
Long time lurker... feel like today is a great day to break my duck!

Today I played my new home course (Moor Hall) absolutely love the course and have been putting in a lot of practise recently... felt like I have been swinging pretty well but today was just beautiful... need to breathe this feeling in as it will kick me in the balls again soon no doubt. Course was busy as we had a county comp on and loads of people playing knock out matches so ended up walking off on 8 after making a birdie. Would have loved to have played the full 18 but had to get back for my lads Kick Boxing...

22 points for 8 holes (+3 gross) hoping to convert that into a round that matters in the week.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
So after an horrendous round yesterday where I had forgotten how to putt, I could not get putts near to the hole, i was leaving them 10 feet away and more, both long and short and on one horrendous putt 10 feet to the side, today I played at Leigh in a county over 65s competition, I hit the ball really well and mostly putted well, I had 3 birdies, my down fall was failing to keep balls on the greens, chips I though I hit well just would not stop and several times what I though were good shots let me chipping, the worst was a Sand wedge that hit the green but bounced sideways rolled across the green and into a bunker! so apart from the birdies I also had 6 double bogies, which rather spoilt my card. I ended up with 32 points and as I was losing one of my top 8 scores, I may go up a couple of points, although the winning score was only 37, so there is a good chance of a PCC of 2 or 3.