I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Midweek KO match won 3:2. But again one of those curate’s egg rounds with some really good short game stuff, but a fair bit of pretty poor rest of game. Yet still I scramble it round in handicap (6).

It’s just soooo frustrating that what I’m working on to improve my ball striking and get a bit of distance back (as the very significant changes I’ve made to stop my propensity to shank the ball have lost me maybe 20yds on every club) just isn’t (yet) working.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
After enduring a torrid May and early June that has seen the Index rise by 1.2 to 7.9, green shoots are visible at last.
Struck the ball, generally, quite well although I still made a couple of doubles.
The short game was on point and I finished with 37 points off the whites..
Nowhere near where I can and should be but....steps in the right direction ahead of the 2nd biggest comp of the year at the weekend..

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Roll up this morning. All round game was good, particularly driving and hybrids, scored on every hole until the 18th, got stuck in greenside bunker, got it out twice, it rolled back in twice :(

Happy enough with 36 points for the win.

Singles match tomorrow. Up against a difficult opponent, hopefully I'll keep the good form going.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, it would seem that my posture change has worked a treat (see other thread about changes to your swing). Played in a senior Stableford today and shot a one over for 35 points. Would have been better if I hadn’t lost a ball on 17 and made a double. A bit of confidence back for the club champs next weekend.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played Burnham and Berrow today in a fairly strong wind.

Course is looking amazing. Fairways narrowed and rough grown ready for Open Regional Qualifying next month. Its going to be tough!

Played pretty well, only lost one ball (miracle )

Then straight in the car to Kent for the Sketchers Day tomorrow.

Last edited:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Course is looking amazing. Fairqays narrowed and rough grown ready for Open Regional Qualifying next month. Its going to be tough!

Excellent golf course and probably the hardest links course I have ever played.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Course is looking amazing. Fairways narrowed and rough grown ready for Open Regional Qualifying next month. Its going to be tough!

You've had worse weeks

AussieKB

Visit site
After enduring a torrid May and early June that has seen the Index rise by 1.2 to 7.9, green shoots are visible at last.
Struck the ball, generally, quite well although I still made a couple of doubles.
Nowhere near where I can and should be but....steps in the right direction ahead of the 2nd biggest comp of the year at the weekend..

Played B & B a couple of weeks back for the first time, loved it but I also lost 1 ball, was just off the fairway, the pro's will go spare if they don't cut the rough, will hear them crying all the way out here in OZ.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played B & B a couple of weeks back for the first time, loved it but I also lost 1 ball, was just off the fairway, the pro's will go spare if they don't cut the rough, will hear them crying all the way out here in OZ.
Tough for greens staff atm.
Everything is growing like mad.
Cutting the rough is way down the list 😳

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Green shoots......
1000000037.gif
Who the hell am I kidding🤣

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played a seniors match at my home course today and I have to say I was pleased with the work that the new greenkeeper has done in only a short time.

He's extended the cut rough area (we only have one cut length) so that you're now not in the deep cabbage just a few yards off the fairway and the cut rough length is such that you can usually find your ball, but won't be able to hit it too far.

The deep rough is still brutal but that's fair enough as it now needs quite a wide shot to find it.
I got round without losing a ball which would normally be a rarity at this time of year. :)

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I've been Mr Consistent recently (scorewise at least) with my last 4 rounds being counters (and another that would have been a counter had I been able to submit it) and all within 3 shots of each other but today was a reality check.

The other night I couldn't miss a putt - I think I missed one putt within 8 feet - today however, I'm not sure if it was the wind throwing me a bit or what, but I couldn't hole a thing.

4-putted the first, and had another 3 3-putts. Pace control was all over the shop!

Stupid game.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played a seniors match at my home course today and I have to say I was pleased with the work that the new greenkeeper has done in only a short time.

He's extended the cut rough area (we only have one cut length) so that you're now not in the deep cabbage just a few yards off the fairway and the cut rough length is such that you can usually find your ball, but won't be able to hit it too far.

The deep rough is still brutal but that's fair enough as it now needs quite a wide shot to find it.
I got round without losing a ball which would normally be a rarity at this time of year. :)
I think if you can find your ball in the rough but it still causes you a problem he’s got it about right.👍

Ours has a habit now and again just cutting the lot down to “ aid speed of play” but the stupid scores come in then!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've just seen a post on social media from Gosforth golf club, bridle path, that 51points won their pairs open on Sunday!!!!

51.....crazy
Let's hope reported to county and dealt with
It's just getting ridiculous
Just done a bit of investigating and one of the players has posted 5 scores over 100 this year ,then got an adjusted score of 80 from that 4BBB, yesterday he put in a 9 hole card of 53. that said his handicap is around 13 so not a really high one.