I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played an AmAm at Coxmoor today, what a course!

One of the most enjoyable courses I've ever played, every hole was a picture and the whole set-up was fantastic.
We scored 84 points and I managed one under handicap with my own ball, which helped the enjoyment factor. :)

below is the 9th hole from the tee playing down into a valley and then from behind the green having played your approach back up the other side of the valley.

View attachment 53612
I'm hoping that next year @LincolnQuacker can get this on the EngGolf Senior Series & Captains as it looks a very enjoyable track I have yet to play.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played this morning intention was the full 18. No tee bookings available so free for all with a seniors roll up at 11am.
Started behind 2 3 balls and was cruising nicely and they let me play through. I made some bad decisions so ended up in fairway bunkers or short sided for the first few holes. But I got it all back together and was playing nice steady golf.
Until I got stuck behind a 3 ball that had no one in front and decided to try and speed up and ruin their game. It ruined mine my rhythm went the round was 3.5 hours after 14holes .. I dropped a multitude of shots and walked of at 16.
I also had to break the news to my driver that as soon as the Titleist GT series is out it was being canned .. enough is enough.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was supposed to be out with a good mate today at Macc, but he couldn't be roused from his usual alcoholic slumber by anther lad who was joining us. So went round with him and another fella. Smashed the ball well off the tee, good sign as I've been struggling with this, but rest of my game vanished. Shocking score by the end.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Played 10 holes tonight in prep for tomorrow, just wanted to try and embed the things from the playing lesson yesterday.

Overall pretty happy, iron striking was very good. Was 4 over for the 10 holes.

Mandofred

Visit site
Club stableford today. Played with a guy who is one of the better seniors in the club off 2.....I'm off 8....and another young fellow I hadn't played with before. He is off 10 or 11?.....and he is 12 years old. Good swing and in another year or two is going to be kicking my butt all over the place. I played well enough (37pts) to maybe drop my handicap to 7 off the whites, so I'm finally going in the right direction again. Missed some very makeable putts and my drives are killing me.....so maybe things are getting better. It might be time for another experiment though....I've got a 3 wood shaft that I haven't tried in the driver for quite a while...maybe tomorrow.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Couples scramble fun day today
Bloody Mary's by the 3rd and the theme carried on, lots of fun,
11 hour round door to door

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Roll up at ours and I hit it really nicely. Played an am-am and we took the pot.

The rough is still brutal, to the point where, when each group came in, their first question wasn’t “What did you score?” It was “How many balls did you lose?”

Speaks volumes.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played at The Hobson today, Co Durham. Never thinned so many 80-100yd pitches before 😭. Normally a really strong shot for me so I'm fairly traumatised right now 😳.

Greens were superb, really excellent so I enjoyed putting on those. I doubt many clubs will have better in the region.

Smashing company, good club, very enjoyable day.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Went to the course for a bit of practise over 14 holes, Driver working very well, 80% FIR, courtesey of Eureka Golf,

6 over for 14 holes, hopefully keep a bit of form for next week in Northumberland.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
R1 of the 2nd biggest comp on the calendar is in...
Better than I expected....
Nett 73 (+2) gross 82 (+11) with 2 triples after losing 2 balls...managed a 2 as well
17th in the nett comp and 18th in the gross out of 89..
A small cut too......maybe things are looking up :unsure:

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played at The Hobson today, Co Durham. Never THINNED so many 80-100yd pitches before 😭. Normally a really strong shot for me so I'm fairly traumatised right now 😳.

Greens were superb, really excellent so I enjoyed putting on those. I doubt many clubs will have better in the region.

Smashing company, good club, very enjoyable day.

That's coz you played with stu and it rubbed off on you

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Rammel.

Looks like I'm going from 5.1 to 5.3 equalling my highest since WHS came in.
7 scores so far this year and gone from 4.3 to 5.3.
3 of those 7 scores are in my best 8 - somehow.
Also - I won a seniors stableford in the middle of that. Got a 2nd place in a non-qualifier seniors comp earlier.

Got a 2 today.
That's 4 out of 7 rounds. Together with the seniors comps prizes, the pro-shop credit has gone up just like my HI.
Weird to be winning stuff as handicap consistently rises.
Probably going to come down again while winning nowt.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Captain's weekend at our place, and I played his Stableford this afternoon. It's supposed to be a fun day, but 4hrs 40 mins of standing around sucked quite a bit of fun out of it. It's 3 balls, it's Stableford, what were they doing up ahead.

I didn't win the putting comp, nor beat the Pro on the par 3, nor did I win a raffle prize. But the company and the weather were very good, the golf improving and the food and drink, excellent.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Capts Day today

Always a good day , weather was lovely , course was immaculate, greens stunning

4 x 3 putts was my four dropped shots 😂
The greens were tough today!

I got 34 points with 2 blobs, first time playing off 11 after another cut down to 12.2 index. I think I'm going to get another little cut after today too!

Very happy with my game right now.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Rollup yesterday. 27 of us, so a nice little pot to be won. I played off back tees and did a good 6 ove (off my PH of 7) - excellent front nine 1 over, but careless back nine 5 over. Still. Course is playing tough with the rough…erm…just don’t go in it…even first cut. 37pts (no 46 pt bandits round my track at the moment) got me a share of 1st.

Plus some signs of improvement in my ball striking but still not near good enough. And so with courtesy at Hankley on Tues I will just keep on working on it.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played in the medal yesterday, very windy and not pretty.
Anything down wind and down slope on the greens just kept going.
NR'd one hole when we were going so slowly I didn't want to take a professional and hold the course up.
Heyho handicap going up.