I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played at Cavendish yesterday, my 2nd visit, the first time I was on my own and probably didn't appreciate it as much but really enjoyed it yesterday greens were very tricky though.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
So...After Monday's mental round, things levelled out a bit.
Wednesday, despite an ugly double on our first (10th) I shot a creditable 80 for a 0.3 cut to 7.3.
Early solo round on Thursday went well, ball striking decent, putting good.....
Out early with CVG today and it was more of the same.
An extremely controlled 17 holes with only 5 bogeys..
Our 18th (9th) annoyed me intensely....
A good drive left me a 9 iron in which I pushed a bit right towards a bunker.
Mist was starting to roll in so I didn't really see it drop but the line suggested it would be on the edge of the green
Get up there and it's nowhere to be seen.....down a wormhole to another Galaxy I suspect...
So a probable 76 and 40 points turned into an adjusted 78 for 38 points....
Still...another cut incoming...back to the 6 point somethings....

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Worked hard on my bunkers last week as I was catching them clean and hitting it miles. Barely happened through two bucket of balls (over two days). First bunker on the course and thinned it into the bushes never to be seen again. Why practice and play can't match is a mystery and life would be a lot easier
Not just that, first time I've ever reached the back fence at the range with a drive.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors Stableford today, I three-putted the first three greens and ended up with six three-putts.
But it wasn't only my putting that was crap, nothing felt right. I had four blobs and scored a dismal 26 points.

Playing the Dunlop Australian Blades too which I really like.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Played Addington Court today with the grandson, hadn't played it in a while, and not sure if last night downpour had anything to do with it, but the course was a lot better than I remember it.
I shot 1 over for 38 points, he beat me shooting 39 points off his 37 h/c, helped by a 292 yard drive down the last.
The highlight was reaching the milestone of my 5000th career birdie with a 19 footer on the 15th, 5001 came up on the 17th 😁

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played Addington Court today with the grandson, hadn't played it in a while, and not sure if last night downpour had anything to do with it, but the course was a lot better than I remember it.
I shot 1 over for 38 points, he beat me shooting 39 points off his 37 h/c, helped by a 292 yard drive down the last.
The highlight was reaching the milestone of my 5000th career birdie with a 19 footer on the 15th, 5001 came up on the 17th 😁
I'm sure I have about that many, I just haven't been keeping count like you. 👀

Severof

Visit site
Off to Thailand in 3 weeks, been going every year for about 10 years now, have only seen one cobra (in the lake), and two other snakes in all that time, play 9 games each year.
That's about normal. Was playing 3 times a week for years so more sightings probably. Depends where you go too. If nearby, try Royal Ratchaburi or Dragon Hills in Ratchaburi. Off the beaten track, cut through the jungle and great value, with accommodation on site. Prob a quater of the price of top end courses in resorts such as Phuket, Hua Hin or Pattaya.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
53rd 'English Open' at Silkstone yesterday - held there as it is the home club of one of the participants who was registering his 40th entry into the event - deservedly went on to win it for the 5tth time.

I started off Ok, but then had 4 no scores on the bounce which killed my front nine - back nine was better with 17 points despite not really getting anything going with the putter.

Great to see a couple of juniors involved, Jamie obviously and his 11 year old Union partner Ed came along - looked like they both had a great day and took home the prize for the best team score, as well as Jamie getting the long drive prize down the 10th with a respectable 291 yard tee shot.

sjw

Visit site
88 today for another 0.4 cut, third place in the swindle and two nearest the pin wins, which was great as I didn't take my entry money with me

PaulMdj

Visit site
4 BBB Comp today, played well as a pair on the front 9, 20pts.

Back 9 not so good, but 17pts and a “2” for me.

47 leading when I left.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Captain’s Day today. Stableford.
7:46 tee time, 3rd group out.
Started raining on the 2nd green and continued for the rest of the front nine.
I found judging the putts difficult in the rain. Two 3-putts.
Samosa, black coffee and banana cake half-way.
Brollies came down after hitting tee shots on the 10th.
Things changed dramatically for me from then.

240803 score.jpg

4th place out of 114 entrants. Winner went round in 17-over par for 43 points.
But it looks like lowest gross prize for me with 34 points.
Two other players with lower handicaps than me made 34 gross, but could not beat my back nine!
I did enjoy that birdie on the last. Hit my 45° Gap 9-iron to 3 feet away.

SD = 1.0

2004 Cobra F Speed driver and 3-wood.
2004 Cobra Baffler 20° hybrid.
1990s Powerbilt Oversize 2-iron
1984 Ping Eye2 BeCu 3-PW (PW=50°)
1990s Cleveland 691 58° SW
1980s Ben Sayers Opel Line One putter.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
We went out earlier than normal today in order to avoid the two large groups that were playing. We actually had the last tee time before the 30+ guests from the local rugby club who were having a blow out before training starts to get serious.

They all gathered outside the clubhouse, some in fancy dress, all with crates of beer. One of the group who is also a member told me that one of the players had brewed four bottles of gin to share during the round, and as we passed the 11th tee walking from 12 to 13, the fourball behind us, who were in buggies, had deposited a large bottle of something on the adjacent bench along with a large packet of disposable shot glasses. A little something for those following behind.

Apparently last year one of them, obviously a lightweight, couldn't get up the stairs for the post game dinner and drinks.

Interestingly, the club had scheduled the mixed championship behind them. They did however have the sense to leave a large block of empty tees between them.

sjw

Visit site
Captain’s Day today. Stableford.
7:46 tee time, 3rd group out.
Started raining on the 2nd green and continued for the rest of the front nine.
I found judging the putts difficult in the rain. Two 3-putts.
Samosa, black coffee and banana cake half-way.
Brollies came down after hitting tee shots on the 10th.
Things changed dramatically for me from then.

View attachment 54455

4th place out of 114 entrants. Winner went round in 17-over par for 43 points.
But it looks like lowest gross prize for me with 34 points.
Two other players with lower handicaps than me made 34 gross, but could not beat my back nine!
I did enjoy that birdie on the last. Hit my 45° Gap 9-iron to 3 feet away.

SD = 1.0

2004 Cobra F Speed driver and 3-wood.
2004 Cobra Baffler 20° hybrid.
1990s Powerbilt Oversize 2-iron
1984 Ping Eye2 BeCu 3-PW (PW=50°)
1990s Cleveland 691 58° SW
1980s Ben Sayers Opel Line One putter.
Fantastic golf there my friend, well done

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played today in our monthly medal and went in with high hopes of a good score after yesterday’s round - 4bbb score of 42 and got on a par 5 in 2 for the first time. Unfortunately had a bit of a stiff back that I thought would ease off once I started playing. It didn’t and got that bad I couldn’t swing properly and had to NR on the 15th😢

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played well today despite doubling our first hole. With three holes to go I'd just gone par-birdie-par and had 32 points - promptly sliced one out of bounds, and three-putted the second ball for a 7 and first blob of the day. Three-putted the green after that as well for 1 point. Good bogey on the last to finish on 83 gross for 35 points but it clearly should've been better. I just keep bottling my rounds towards the end of them lately, and it's getting very annoying indeed. At least the weather was perfect though.