I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played reasonably well yesterday.
Two mistakes cost me treble bogeys.
Bit disappointed that when I make an error it’s max punishment.

I hate golf sometimes.😳

sjw

Visit site
Tee shots were a problem today in the medal. Shot a 95 for a net 77 which won't be close to any winnings. Trebles and doubles galore unfortunately, and putting awful too! 😂 Just not a good day

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Played with little chubby Bro today and both had good scores
I beat him 37-36 so both getting small cuts

Was a bit miffed on the 18th (2 shot hole) par 5
Distinctly average drive, but into a low rough area….. could we find it? Could we heck

So had to go back and play a provisional

Should have had 2 more points

Oh well 🙄

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Medal 9 at Willow Valley today - started slowly with a bogey and a double, then steadied the ship to finish the front nine 6 over. Parred the 575 yard 10th, hit a great drive down 11 leaving me a 9 iron into the green, which landed just on the green and bounced off the back, even though it was into a headwind, and from there on, the wheels fell off....
Ended up with a nett 69 - I think it's got me 2nd place but I should have absolutely walked it tbh. Back nine is killing me this year - I need to figure out what I'm playing so badly on the 2nd half of the round.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Medal 9 at Willow Valley today - started slowly with a bogey and a double, then steadied the ship to finish the front nine 6 over. Parred the 575 yard 10th, hit a great drive down 11 leaving me a 9 iron into the green, which landed just on the green and bounced off the back, even though it was into a headwind, and from there on, the wheels fell off....
Ended up with a nett 69 - I think it's got me 2nd place but I should have absolutely walked it tbh. Back nine is killing me this year - I need to figure out what I'm playing so badly on the 2nd half of the round.
Don’t ask Jon Rahm for advice on back 9’s 😬😂😂

Morfeen75

Visit site
Played today with my 2 pals and Mr Angry, he walked off in a huff back to the clubhouse after 9 holes.
1over gross front 9, golfed my ball really well until the 14th. You would think id never played golf before on those last 4 holes. Silly game.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mixed Open at Lindrick. Lost five balls. Rough was punishing. But, we came in with 43 points😁 for 10th place. Our best knock for a long time. We dovetailed nicely. When I was bad the wife played well and vice versa. She, finally, came in with the four pointers that have been threatening to appear, and did it twice! She putted like I've never seen her putt. We beat our lovely playing partners on count back as well. Smashing day. And all down to Tash,was I'd have never heard of the place till he posted about it. It's a brilliant place to play golf.

Springveldt

Visit site
Played on Saturday in a scratch medal off the black tees (top 3 scratch got paid, top 1 net and 2's), drove the ball well but other parts of my game took turns at letting me down. Was -1 after 5 and thought I was well on my way to a decent score but but then made the cardinal mistake of going long on 6, got stuck up the hill with no chance of getting it near the pin, tried to get cute and ended up making a mess of it with a stupid double. Just kept chucking away shots on the next 6 holes before going +1 for the last 5 to end +9 which is a 6.2 differential and not a counting score.

My mate made a shocker of a bogey up the last to finish -1 and lost the comp on countback on the last hole as he and the club champ were tied on -1 with the same back 9, back 6 and back 3. He was not a happy chappy.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors 4BBB match at home, lost the first, squared it up at the 6th, then still all square after 11 with just the two holes won/lost.

But then the oppos gifted 12 and 13 to us and I parred in from the 14th and we won 7 holes to 1.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice day at the weekend - the Professional's Cup. First presented to the club's professional by Peter Oosterhuis in the early 80's.(Him being member and latterly honorary member till his passing). This year timed to coincide with the current club pro's 40th anniversary at the club. And concurrently played with the Josie Oosterhuis Trophy - presented to the club by Peter's mother (also ex- member). Nicest bit was that Peter's family came over from the States to present the trophies. For info I didn’t feature in the prizes.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Charity event at our place today, shotgun start at 10am, I teed of at 2:30 when they’d finished and had an empty course ahead of me, 8 over gross and took just over 2hrs 20 min for 18 holes.😬

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I played the Astbury on Friday, which I really enjoyed, and then Market Drayton on Saturday, a few too many quirky holes for my liking but an enjoyable test.

My golf was very inconsistent, my good is really good but my bad is really bad.

D-S

Visit site
Clevedon in a Pairs Open today. 41 points nowhere near prizes🤣🤣

Got a 2...that got me a sleeve of Trufeels.. yuk!

Enjoyed the back 9. Some oddities on the front!
Certainly not one of my favourites, especially the downhill hole (castle hole) with the net in front of the tee is a shocker. Tad on the hilly side these days too, normally in good nick though.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
East Anglia pro am today

Winning pro hit -2 for the day

Course was in excellent condition

Our team came joint 7th which was good. Two awful holes from us ams cost us the win as we didn't score of 2 which would have pushed us into first just with bogies

Great day out. Forgot how long it is off the blacks

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Certainly not one of my favourites, especially the downhill hole (castle hole) with the net in front of the tee is a shocker. Tad on the hilly side these days too, normally in good nick though.

The 8th (Castle) is blooming awful. I made a regulation par, hitting a 5 iron off the mat. The other three guys lost 4 balls, hit the net and generally it was carnage.

Shame as the stretch from 9th onwards is decent enough, the folk were great too. Nice food and we had fun.

Last edited:

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
A few weeks ago I was in a tie after 36 holes in our ladies championship, this morning we had an 18 hole playoff, each off us going out with a marker. I hit the ball really well all the way round, until I reached the green, I 3 putted 7 of the first 16 holes leaving myself 3-4 footers and missing them, on the 17th, after another lovely shot to the green, I 3 putted for the 8th time, only I didn't, my head went and I 6 putted the green, I ended up losing by 7 shots, I wasted a dozen on the greens.
this is really getting me down and I as a result I am not enjoying my golf much a the moment, my can my pro fix every other aspect of my game except fir the putting, I have never been a great putter but I seem to be as bad as I have ever been, for the most part I know what I am doing wrong but seem incapable of stopping doing it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A few weeks ago I was in a tie after 36 holes in our ladies championship, this morning we had an 18 hole playoff, each off us going out with a marker. I hit the ball really well all the way round, until I reached the green, I 3 putted 7 of the first 16 holes leaving myself 3-4 footers and missing them, on the 17th, after another lovely shot to the green, I 3 putted for the 8th time, only I didn't, my head went and I 6 putted the green, I ended up losing by 7 shots, I wasted a dozen on the greens.
this is really getting me down and I as a result I am not enjoying my golf much a the moment, my can my pro fix every other aspect of my game except fir the putting, I have never been a great putter but I seem to be as bad as I have ever been, for the most part I know what I am doing wrong but seem incapable of stopping doing it.
Six-putting and that many three-putts has to be bordering on the dreaded 'Y' word doesn't it? Have you tried doing something drastic? Several people at my club, including my mixed foursomes partner, putt left-handed despite swinging right-handed and that has worked well for them. Of course you've got all kinds of funky grips you can use, or the arm-lock putting that worked (sort of) for Zalatoris.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Six-putting and that many three-putts has to be bordering on the dreaded 'Y' word doesn't it? Have you tried doing something drastic? Several people at my club, including my mixed foursomes partner, putt left-handed despite swinging right-handed and that has worked well for them. Of course you've got all kinds of funky grips you can use, or the arm-lock putting that worked (sort of) for Zalatoris.
The six putt was when I lost it and just kept hitting without paying attention to where it was going, it isn't the Ys, putting has always been my problem and despite loads of lessons nothing seems to improve it, I can usualy manage it but this season it has got out of hand, I move my hands, i move my head and I just dont know how to stop it