I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Midweek Stableford today....
Excellent start with bogeys on the 1st 2 holes.....here we go :rolleyes:
Ship was steadied with 8 points in the next 3 but the birdie on 7 (for 4 points) was most welcome..
2 pars to end the 9 1 up on handicap with 19 points...
Another poor hole and I'm back to level 2s....
Then another birdie on a shot hole gets things going again and, despite a bogey on the last, I sign for 39 points and the clubhouse lead.
Handicap will drop 0.5 or more so..all in all...
Happy days!!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Midweek Stableford today....
Excellent start with bogeys on the 1st 2 holes.....here we go :rolleyes:
Ship was steadied with 8 points in the next 3 but the birdie on 7 (for 4 points) was most welcome..
2 pars to end the 9 1 up on handicap with 19 points...
Another poor hole and I'm back to level 2s....
Then another birdie on a shot hole gets things going again and, despite a bogey on the last, I sign for 39 points and the clubhouse lead.
Handicap will drop 0.5 or more so..all in all...
Happy days!!!
Have you gone too soon for H4H????

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Had a trip up to Kirbymoorside yesterday - the youth was playing for the Halifax and Huddersfield Union Junior team against York, and given it's at best a 1 hour 45 minute drive, I thought I'd take the clubs and have a knock round.

Waited for all the boys to go out in the foursomes in the morning then popped in the pro' shop to get a slightly discounted green fee of £20. Got off to a bad start with a bogey/triple on the 1st two holes but settled down to play some steady golf. Course was good, really enjoyed a lot of the holes - albeit the greens had been tined and oversanded on Monday, so were a little slow, but they ran true enough. The back nine seemed to be the better of the two imo.
While out on the course, the news of one of the lads taking a ball to the head had reached me, and I'd figured out it was probably Jamie that had hit the shot - it was. Saw him on the 11th tee and he seemed OK, but they were down in the match - I know it will have affected him. Thankfully the lad was OK and sent home after a scan at the hospital. Hopefully it's a lesson to all of them to shout fore when you have any doubts about the path your ball is on. If anybody has played Kirbymoorside they'll be familiar with the 4th tee position, which is completely obscured from the 3rd tee by trees - that's not to defend Jamie or any of the other lads in the group - but it's a feature on the course that probably isn't necessary.

By the time I finished my 18, the boys were setting off in the singles, so I had a little lunch then wandered out on the course to watch a few of the groups. Most of the matches were fairly even, as Jamie walked past me on the 9th green he gave me the thumbs up, I let him carry on without me spectating as any dip in form would obviously have been due to my presence...:LOL:

The match was tied 18 points apiece in the end after an honorable half point each for the lad taken out by friendly fire - and 7&6 win for the boy against a slightly older opponent who I believe had a HI of 6 - so a good win for him.

Have never liked the 1st there, shortish par 3 over the road......Too easy to make a fool of yourself.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played 16 holes, my first knock for 5 months, and just being out in the wind and occasional rain was a joy.
My knee seemed to cope admirably, but I'll reserve judgement until the morning!
I even managed a couple of birdies ....................... on stroke holes 1 and 2!
Never birdied them in the same round before.
I'm just such a happy bunny right now.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played 16 holes, my first knock for 5 months, and just being out in the wind and occasional rain was a joy.
My knee seemed to cope admirably, but I'll reserve judgement until the morning!
I even managed a couple of birdies ....................... on stroke holes 1 and 2!
Never birdied them in the same round before.
I'm just such a happy bunny right now.
Good to see you back but slowly slowly.
Oh right. I thought it was just a charity day out for fun that nobody takes seriously. I certainly wouldn't be bothered about winning it.
For some of us that go back to the very beginning and the early years there is a lot of poignancy attached as one of the founders Rick Garg is no longer with us so in my opinion definitely worth winning although I've not come close so far

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Have never liked the 1st there, shortish par 3 over the road......Too easy to make a fool of yourself.

Aye, right infront of the clubhouse as well, I hit the green but 3 putted. Most of the lads were hitting it stiff, I think I only saw a couple miss the green - mind you, a lot of them are low single figure players, so it's bread and butter to them.
I got chatting to the greenkeeper on the 7th tee and he asked how I was finding the course - to which I reluctantly replied, "yeah it's good.... I'm enjoying it", but from the 7th onwards I thought the holes were much better.
I'd definitely play it again if I was up that way.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Just got a copy of the results through 38 points won 3 pairs, not a bad knock if wind was that bad

Yeah we were saying the back 9 was there for the taking so if you could limit the damage on the front 9 you'd be able to put a respectable score together. We'd guessed at around 38 points for the winning score and so it transpired.

I reckon we left about 4 points out there through silly errors and rushing putts that were really impacted by the wind and knocking them long or leaving them short resulting in 3 putts.