I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
First round of Club Championships today....anyone shooting 85 gross (15 over par) or better gets to play in the second round next week.

1: Par
2: Treble Bogey (including falling into a gorse bush whilst trying to identify a ball buried deep within....to add insult to injury (a lump of gorse branch stuck deep into my left arm) it wasn't my ball)
3: Par
4: Par
5: Par
6: Birdie
7: Par
8: Bogey
9: Par
10: Par
11: Bogey
12: Bogey
13: Double Bogey
14: Quadruple Bogey (including a 4 putt)
15: Bogey
16: Bogey
17: Three balls OOB at various stages of the hole including a provisional that followed the previous shot (my 4th shot on the hole, having had 3 off the tee) OOB. If I'd have had a 3rd go (8th shot) then wedged to the green and 2 putted it would have been a 6 over par 11.
18: Par

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
First round of Club Championships today....anyone shooting 85 gross (15 over par) or better gets to play in the second round next week.

1: Par
2: Treble Bogey (including falling into a gorse bush whilst trying to identify a ball buried deep within....to add insult to injury (a lump of gorse branch stuck deep into my left arm) it wasn't my ball)
3: Par
4: Par
5: Par
6: Birdie
7: Par
8: Bogey
9: Par
10: Par
11: Bogey
12: Bogey
13: Double Bogey
14: Quadruple Bogey (including a 4 putt)
15: Bogey
16: Bogey
17: Three balls OOB at various stages of the hole including a provisional that followed the previous shot (my 4th shot on the hole, having had 3 off the tee) OOB. If I'd have had a 3rd go (8th shot) then wedged to the green and 2 putted it would have been a 6 over par 11.
18: Par
So did you get the 85? 😃

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played well yesterday on my birthday. After a massive stroke of luck of the first where it seemed I'd smashed the ball straight in to the river, it had hit a tree and was found on the fairway. Two blobs but still had 37 points for a small reduction 0.6 to 15.6. That's two shots better than the start of the season. Oh and a two on the 11th, that was nearly an ace. So all good here.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
My first ever level 9 this evening!

A ropey start with 2 bogeys but managed to pull it back with 3 birdies but another dropped shot on 6.

The less said about the back 9 the better unfortunately - a 9 on our relatively easy 13th followed by 3 bogeys on the bounce killed me.

4 birdies in one round though is a new record for me.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played with three other vintage/classic golfers today at St Ives GC, Cambs.

Golf through the ages, We threw the balls up and the pairs were me and another guy playing 1930s and 1970s steel shafts respectively and two others playing hickory.
A tight match ensued but ultimately my partner's local knowledge and excellent play won the day for team steel.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played in a ladies team of 4 open at Cleckheaton, I course I really enjoy playing, I played decently apart from a slip up or two on the greens, we had a respectable 85 points (2 to score on each hole, 3 to count on par 3s) we were in joint 3rd place, 2nd place had 87 points, the winners had 105!!

Springveldt

Visit site
Played in our midweek sweep this evening. Perfect scoring conditions, light breeze, warm and the ball going miles.

I’m stunned as I managed to shoot 71 (-1) for my first time ever breaking par for 42 points. I’ve never even shot level par before and it’s always been my goal. Even more surprising is I did it bogey free, 17 straight pars and I birdied the last. I thought if I ever shot level it would be on a day I made about 4 birdies but tonight I just had the ball on a string, never in trouble off the tee, hit 15 GIR, missed a few good birdie chances but also holed 3 putts in the 6-10 foot range for par.

Over the moon, not looking forward to shooting 85 at the weekend now.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Another day, another card, another cut......the form is definitely back from its holiday in Ibiza....
78 blows and fairly disappointed with it to be honest..
Starting on 10 with a bogey, birdie combo and ending the 9 with the same and only a couple of other bogeys in between...20 pounts and 2 over gross
Got to our back 9 (1-9) and we found that the greenkeepers had spread a fertiliser on the greens.
To say this changed the speed is a slight understatement....took a few holes to get the speed anywhere near sussed
A 5 over 17 points was decent but if we'd had the green speed from the other side...well, who knows
A 0.2 cut in the offing, gets me back jnto the 5 points somethings.
Index down by 3 shots in 6 weeks.....lowest its been since April.
Contentment :cool:

Mandofred

Visit site
Haven't been playing much lately, both just lack of interest....and we just got the keys to another house last Friday so I've been painting....and lifting.....more painting....mowing. My hands are stiff as heck. Above me knees are really sore from leaning against the ladder while painting. Went to the roll up this morning....+2 after 4 holes which was ok. Then just relaxed and finished the round +3 total. It should have been a crap round...turned into a lovely easy round.

Severof

Visit site
Ventured out to Pedham Place Championship Course today. Played off the Black tees, was -2 Gross through 12 but still 3 down against a smirking old pal who stated on the first he hadn't played for a while so should be off 'around' 28. A couple of bad holes coming home, shot 3 over gross and was comfortably beat 3 & 2 .
The course was 8/10 condition and a great lay out with some excellent holes, a true inland links. A real shame the locals are currently fighting tooth and nail for this piece of Green belt land to not be turned into a 15000 strong housing development.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Another day, another card, another cut......the form is definitely back from its holiday in Ibiza....
78 blows and fairly disappointed with it to be honest..
Starting on 10 with a bogey, birdie combo and ending the 9 with the same and only a couple of other bogeys in between...20 pounts and 2 over gross
Got to our back 9 (1-9) and we found that the greenkeepers had spread a fertiliser on the greens.
To say this changed the speed is a slight understatement....took a few holes to get the speed anywhere near sussed
A 5 over 17 points was decent but if we'd had the green speed from the other side...well, who knows
A 0.2 cut in the offing, gets me back jnto the 5 points somethings.
Index down by 3 shots in 6 weeks.....lowest its been since April.
Contentment :cool:
Enjoy it while it lasts.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Went out early this morning before work. Drove really poorly (flight and distance) after some really nice hits during warm up. Still hit 11/13 fairways so it didn’t overtly cost me shots, just quite fadey and short
Overnight rain meant several really soggy fairways that made chips/pitch’s a challenge I wasn’t up to
Nett 76 for 4 over par but I played much worse than that

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Senior Open at Coxmoor, probably one of the days I've been looking forward to the most all year.......

Started off with a shaky bogey for 2 points but then everything went tits up. Shanks galore, fats, thins, 3 putts, lost balls. You name it, I did it.

8 points going out, I needed to make a big rally to gain even the smallest degree of respectability, nope, 6 points back for 14 total :poop:

When I was driving to the course I wouldn't have dreamed I'd be looking forward to seeing the 18th green so much. (In fact I didn't venture onto it as I'd picked up before I reached it)

It's a cruel game.

The only good thing was that we finished before a heavy rain shower, I'd got no waterproof gear with me.

Club championship this weekend, doesn't bode well.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Another day, another card.....but no cut this time..
Very solid first 8 holes saw me 2 over and 18 points in the bag.
Then I just lost my tee swing....snap hooks, slices but mainly snap hooks.....
2.5 points per hole for the first 8, 1.4 for the next 10......
No idea where it came from as it's not a bad shot I normally play...once I found my ball it was business as usual...
Most strange........
Still...32 points in total from a train wreck of a back 9 ...can't be that unhappy

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Senior Open at Coxmoor, probably one of the days I've been looking forward to the most all year.......

Started off with a shaky bogey for 2 points but then everything went tits up. Shanks galore, fats, thins, 3 putts, lost balls. You name it, I did it.

8 points going out, I needed to make a big rally to gain even the smallest degree of respectability, nope, 6 points back for 14 total :poop:

When I was driving to the course I wouldn't have dreamed I'd be looking forward to seeing the 18th green so much. (In fact I didn't venture onto it as I'd picked up before I reached it)

It's a cruel game.

The only good thing was that we finished before a heavy rain shower, I'd got no waterproof gear with me.

Club championship this weekend, doesn't bode well.

Take the positives, you were just getting all your bad shots out of your system for the club champs 🏆.