I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played last night on a reciprocal at Buckingham, the wind was howling and from the 10th hole onwards it was blooming wet, stupid weather!

Drove the green on the first, about 275 yards, and two putted for birdie. The fifth is also a driveable par 4 at about 240, but hitting straight into the wind I managed to stick it to about 15 feet and somehow managed to four putt!!!

Onto the 11th, as the wind and the rain were at their worst, I managed to get on the green in two (par 5) and my eagle putt finished an inch from the hole. Three eagle putts in one round has got to be a first for me!

Even with two blobs in the round I somehow managed to still shoot an 85.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
After my recent persistent putting problems I decided to consider going back to an old putter, so I took a couple onto the practice green and decided to try my old wilson putter that I got with my first set of clubs
yesterday was a medal so I set off my my old putter I holed a nice putt for a birdie on the 3rd hole but then just missed a birdie on the 4th and missed the return, overall this was a pattern, I did feel more confident and the medium range putting was good, the putter is lighter than the one I have been using and I did struggle a bit on long putts. However my problem with short putts remained, I just cannot keep my head still.
Overall my score was the best I have had for a while so that is encouraging

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
After my recent persistent putting problems I decided to consider going back to an old putter, so I took a couple onto the practice green and decided to try my old wilson putter that I got with my first set of clubs
yesterday was a medal so I set off my my old putter I holed a nice putt for a birdie on the 3rd hole but then just missed a birdie on the 4th and missed the return, overall this was a pattern, I did feel more confident and the medium range putting was good, the putter is lighter than the one I have been using and I did struggle a bit on long putts. However my problem with short putts remained, I just cannot keep my head still.
Overall my score was the best I have had for a while so that is encouraging
Have you tried a mirror to check the basics. I have a habit of peeping and pulling left as a result so I am looking at a specific dimple and keep my head still until the ball has gone from my sight

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have you tried a mirror to check the basics. I have a habit of peeping and pulling left as a result so I am looking at a specific dimple and keep my head still until the ball has gone from my sight
Pro taught me to practice putting by putting my ball on top of a sixpence ( 5p) make sure you can see the coin after you putted.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Played semi-final of midweek KO. Giving 10 shots I played pretty poorly…but good enough on a few holes when it really mattered…so the 20ft putt on 15 that stopped me going 3 Dwn with 3 to play, but instead flustered my opponent and he three putted so I got to 1Dwn. I then won 16, 17 and 18 to finish 2 up.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Annual visit to Crompton And Royston. Went with the wife. I get beat up by this place. It's quite tough. Was going ok until the 12th. It one of them where you walk 50 meters back to the tee into trees. Another violent hook again. Why? Followed by a venom fueled smash down the middle. Also got done on the last again. It's the hardest finishing hole I've ever seen. Snowman. The wife, after a 101 at her place on Monday, shot 119. It's not an easy track, but worth every penny. Cracking undulating greens. Miss, and watch your ball roll off down the green. Brilliant course

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
that is what I do, I know I do it but I cannot seem to stop myself, I tell myself to not move my head until I can see grass where the ball was but on short putts it never seems t owork

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
So......out tomorrow in the medal...
Out early this morning..solo, getting the driving back into some semblance of oder..
Turns out I've peaked too soon.
1 over par total including 2, yes 2, hole out Eagles..
On the first, 145 yards with the 8 iron
On the 11th 85 yards 3/4 Gap wedge...
Never had 2 eagles in a round before.....guarantees no luck tomorrow then.. :ROFLMAO:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
My first medal at Wildernesse having only played a full 18 once before, two days after joining.
Shot handicap!
Birdied one of the par 3s from 3 foot and missed a 5 footer for birdie on a par 4 because the putt didn’t move at all and finished alongside the damn hole!
Out in 43 (started on 10) and back in 40. Very, very happy.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
After Thursday's disaster I wasn't hopeful going into round 1 of the club championships today.
Not great, but nothing as bad as Thursday, in fact bar a 9 and an 11 (you read that correctly, nine and eleven) I'd have been around handicap.
94 gross, nett 79, par 72.
Only the one mega-shank, but three lost balls, round 2 tomorrow.

Last edited:

PaulMdj

Visit site
Captains Day today, great weather, course in top condition, first group tee’d off at 6:50 this morning, last group at 14:50.

Our 4Ball went off 3rd from last, one of our group had 44 points and was leading by 4pts with 2 groups to go, bloke in last group came in with 45pts😩.

36 points for me, and, NTP on our 15th winning me a dozen Pro V1’s.