I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Club stableford competition today. As with most recent rounds, losing most shots off of the tee. Short irons, chipping and bunker play as good as ever and today putting was decent. 33pts which was encouraging. Lesson on Wednesday to try and sort the driver and hybrid.

The winner of the competition plays off of +4 and scored 41 pts with a gross 62 (out in 29). I suspect that’s a new course record.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Annual visit to Crompton And Royston. Went with the wife. I get beat up by this place. It's quite tough. Was going ok until the 12th. It one of them where you walk 50 meters back to the tee into trees. Another violent hook again. Why? Followed by a venom fueled smash down the middle. Also got done on the last again. It's the hardest finishing hole I've ever seen. Snowman. The wife, after a 101 at her place on Monday, shot 119. It's not an easy track, but worth every penny. Cracking undulating greens. Miss, and watch your ball roll off down the green. Brilliant course
I love C&R, a great variety of holes, some tough par 3s, probably qualifies as a hidden gem. And yes that 18th is something else.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Round 2 of the club champs, an 8 and a 9 on par fours were the low points.
Four lost balls in total and a 101 gross, I've got to accept that I'm too old to play 6 rounds in 7 days!

On the positive front, yesterday's horror story is actually one of my 8 counting scores after adjusting the 9 and 11!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was a bit knackered this morning after attending a wedding yesterday. Had all the usual symptoms of being knackered - slicing drives and thinning irons. Missed a silly 18 inch putt as well through not concentrating. Had a scabby lie on the 9th where someone hadn't stamped down their partial divot properly and it had dried sticking up right before my ball - nothing I could do so an annoying double there. 46 out for 14 points. Back nine was a bit better, managed 40 for 18 points. Three doubles and three pars overall for bogey golf on average.

My driving is absolutely all over the place and I have a fitting for a new one on Tuesday - if I hit it in the studio like I hit it today he might as well say pick any one you like. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Shot my PB of gross 80 a month ago and matched it today in hellish high wind

Ruing a 3putt on 15th that would've broken 80 but three 'no putt' greens kinda balances things out so can't really complain

Hopefully a wee cut in the morning

Springveldt

Visit site
Back to earth today with a 79 (+7) for 33 points in testing conditions. Was blowing about 30mph, at one point I put my ball back down after marking it and the wind blew it about 5 foot closer to the hole.

Was hanging onto my score OK until I doubled 17 with a 3 putt from 3 foot. Stupid pin position, missed the 3 footer which lipped out, caught the hill and rolled 5 foot down it.

Hope there is a PCC adjustment as so far only 6 people out of 98 entered scores (another 8 no entries) have 36 points or better. A 45, 2 37’s and 3 36’s.

sjw

Visit site
Came 4th in my competition today, shot an 86. Had a brutal lip out on 3, a ball in a ditch that I normally carry on 11, a couple of silly three-stabs and an air shot on 18 (when my ball was in a bush and I was squatting down to try and hit it 😂). Shot 38 points so I should be getting another cut, down to about 14.4 pending PCC

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Played Pine Ridge this morning, an old stomping ground of mine. Another very up & down game, probably best summed up by making a 2nd ball eagle on 18 after losing my first in the trees.

The most important thing was I beat my mate in our season long match play comp, this means he’s got to treat me to a round at Manor House! We also total up the stabeford over the rounds and it was a tie.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got out for 9 holes, was okay but I was hitting a little too much right to left, so weakened my grip off to accommodate that. But the driver was fine- ish.
I had to play with another set of clubs because the my current bag was in the MX5 which had a flat battery in the garage. So I took the family car.
I enjoyed my round of 9 holes the 4 ball ahead was slow so I did not play more.
I drove home and wrote the car off on the way. Everyone was okay but the family car we needed to go to the hospital is pretty much scrap given it’s a 10yr old car and all the air bags deployed.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Club stableford competition today. As with most recent rounds, losing most shots off of the tee. Short irons, chipping and bunker play as good as ever and today putting was decent. 33pts which was encouraging. Lesson on Wednesday to try and sort the driver and hybrid.

The winner of the competition plays off of +4 and scored 41 pts with a gross 62 (out in 29). I suspect that’s a new course record.
That is one seriously good round by the lad. He is +4.3 now after that. Nine under par beats the course record there fairly convincingly, I believe.

kibwth course record.jpg

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Stunning 39 on the front nine on Sunday. Held it together until the 12th. Then the first snowman appeared. Managed a couple of pars to pull this back then another snowman on 17. Ended up net 70. Missed four par putts as well. Cudda, wudda, shudda. Got a 0.5 cut. So thats three shots in total removed from h/c this season.

Springveldt

Visit site
Back to earth today with a 79 (+7) for 33 points in testing conditions. Was blowing about 30mph, at one point I put my ball back down after marking it and the wind blew it about 5 foot closer to the hole.

Was hanging onto my score OK until I doubled 17 with a 3 putt from 3 foot. Stupid pin position, missed the 3 footer which lipped out, caught the hill and rolled 5 foot down it.

Hope there is a PCC adjustment as so far only 6 people out of 98 entered scores (another 8 no entries) have 36 points or better. A 45, 2 37’s and 3 36’s.
There was a PCC of 1 so my score came down to a 4.7 differential and is a counting score. Down to 3.3 now which is my lowest ever.

Maybe time to set a new golf goal of getting my handicap down into the 2’s although I do have a good differential of 2.2 falling off in 2 rounds time.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Managed 37 points and a cut to 10.8 on Saturday. Thing being I was struggling and felt really ill all the way round and literally put the score in and home and to bed. Because I was so rough just wanted to get the comp finished so no swing thoughts, swung easily and had 37 including two blobs. The only downside is I still feel crap and so no golf yesterday

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yesterday I played in the knockout stage for our shield team after we won our group, we played at Huyton and Prescot, where i had played a couple of weeks ago so had a good feel for the course. I hit the ball well barring the odd poor shot but I just could not handle the greens, it seems that there was a club major the day before and the pin ositions were at the hardest. On the first I had a less than 2 foot putt for a par to win the hole, not only did the ball slide past the hole, which had been cut at the top of a slope, but it rolled 15 feet down the slope and of course I missed the return to lose the hole, on the 3rd I de-greened twice on another hole I should have won. After that my head went I could not get a putt anywhere near the hole and constantly 3 putted or worse. I played better than my opponent tee to green but lost 6&5.