I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

PaulMdj

Visit site
Ind Stab today, rain starting as we teed off, abdolutely torrential for 10 minutes as we walked up the 1st, then it cleared and was ver windy with beautiful sunshine for the remaining 17 holes.
19 pts going out and 16 back, fairly happy with how I played.🏌🏻‍♂️

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played in an open today at Northamptonshire County and what a lovely heathland course. I was a little surprised that the competition went ahead due to the heavy rain that fell beforehand and for much of the round, but the greens held up very well indeed even though there were channels of water running across some of the fairways.

The less said about my golf the better.

TigerTime

Visit site
Since about mid-July, I have very much been trending in the right direction.

Score/Score Diff
82 - 11.3
96 - 18.7
83 - 12.2
79 - 8.5
85 - 12.1
81 - 16.3
90 - 14.5
93 - 16.5

I'm not sure what's actually clicked but I've dropped from14 to 12 and I broke 80 for the first time with a card in hand. Trending nicely for a good end to the season before hitting the gym over winter.

Attachments

• hc24.png
    hc24.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 4

Springveldt

Visit site
Captains Day yesterday and my golf was terrible. Sent one OB on the 4th, sent one 100 yards right into the cabbage on 13 which I didn’t even bother looking for and missed 2 three foot putts.

Ended up +9 for 31 points, winner had 47 which included a 5 pointer on the last which was is a 390 yard par 4 into a 30mph wind which they had a gross birdie on. They also had 1 of the 3 two’s on the day so they have cleaned up.

Looking at the winners previous scores it looks like he’s had one of those days, the round of his life. He shot 97 last time out which was the first time since April that he’s broken 100 until his adjusted 85 yesterday.

Last edited:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just a casual game with my wife today, high winds (again) and a snowman meant a 3 over handicap round but that aside it was solid golf

(& met/played through a UK TV celeb who was in front of us)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played at the Woll Estate bear Selkirk today. First game in about 3 weeks. It rained, it was windy. The end.

Course actually was okay. We will probably go back and hopefully play it in dry weather. Today was not dry. It rained, a lot 😒.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
August Stableford - got off to a good start with 6 points in the first two holes, before notching up a no score on the 3rd. Recovered well then had a double on the 9th, and blobbed the 10th. Fought back again then blobbed 15 which even on a day like today into a strong wind, is a really poor hole to not score on.

Parred my way in, 40 points and won on countback.
I've take 3 wins in the Sunday comps in August, which I've got to be happy with.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A charity scramble at my place this morning. Had a good team of mid-handicappers, with my mate off 12, another chap off 13s and another off 14s the same as me. Rules were minimum four tee shots from each player, plus drop-out (if your drive is chosen you don't hit on the second shot).

We birdied the 1st, and the two par fives on 8th and 9th for three under gross front nine, but could only par every hole on the back nine, we weren't able to add anymore birdies. Happy to have zero bogeys though. After 13 we'd only used two of my tee shots was starting to feel the pressure, but we ended up using mine on the next three holes in a row anyway. I contributed a couple of great up and downs, par-saving putts, and a great solo par on the 210 yard par 3, but it was a great team effort where we all contributed.

Net 56 as we were getting 9 shots. We thought it was a decent performance but expected to be popped by someone. In the end we were joint 5th. Winning team managed 51, with team members off of 26.0, 28.0, 28.0 and 28.0. They all appeared to be guests and it seems a bit suspect to me that all the handicaps was round numbers, but we'll say no more about that. 😂 Thoroughly enjoyed it anyway as we had a great team for a good laugh throughout.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Squeezed 12 holes in after dinner this evening, mostly very sold. Haven’t played very much this year so generally a bit rusty, but was happy to finish +3 gross.

The Mrs is away from Wednesday this week and our club champs are on Sunday, so hoping to get a bit of practise in

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Team league match yesterday at an away course. Going out number 1 and both getting two shots to the course so a scratch game. Both playing well and the match was close all the way round. I won the 14th with a hole-in-one to go one up. We then halved the last four holes for me to win the match with a probable score of 1 over.

No hole-in-one for the first 35 years of golfing, and I have now had two in 18 months. Golf is bonkers.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Team league match yesterday at an away course. Going out number 1 and both getting two shots to the course so a scratch game. Both playing well and the match was close all the way round. I won the 14th with a hole-in-one to go one up. We then halved the last four holes for me to win the match with a probable score of 1 over.

No hole-in-one for the first 35 years of golfing, and I have now had two in 18 months. Golf is bonkers.

Maybe just slip that in there...

Very well done 👏

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sunday, knock with the lads. Took the money (back nine and overall) with a 17pts and 32pts. Good knock with the wife today at my place, where I'm still undefeated. She played well, but not well enough, but it was close :whistle:. 34pts to 30pts. She had a bad last four holes. She chipped and putted well again. Lord, shes even talking about playing in the winter!!!!!!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Played Willow Valley with Jamie - get him sharpened up for the Yorkshire Inter District Team Championships at Pike Hills later this week - both had a good front nine then faded on the back nine - as is often the case for me especially.

He's really looking forward to the Team Champs - a trip away with an overnighter so they can have a practice round on Wednesday - before two rounds on Thursday with the best juniors in Yorkshire - he's relished the challenges of playing for the district this year and has delivered some good results at a few events, but more importantly, it's increased his appetite for the game.

After yesterdays comp win for myself, thought I'd record a GP round - another slight cut coming but it won't really get me down to where I should perhaps be - the handicap system has some genuine flaws, but there are other threads for that. (y)

MACM85

Visit site
Foursome final yesterday.

Ended up winning 2&0

Highlight was my playing partner getting a hole in one on the 5th Par 3. Thankfully our opponents just missed their birdie putt to half the hole. Would have put a dampner on his achievement if we had lost the match

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Didn't lose a ball, and hit five consecutive fairways at one point. All of them the holes I was playing. :)
When you get to my age this becomes the norm.

Not because I'm any straighter but because I no longer have the strength to power the ball to an adjoining fairway.;)