I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Board comp yesterday, finished 3rd overall with 40 points. Didn't lose a ball, and hit five consecutive fairways at one point. All of them the holes I was playing. For anyone who has played with me, this was a Very. Big. Thing. :)
Grrrrrr

Two errant drives ruined my scorecard in the rain on Sunday. Had a couple of wayward drives in the second round on Sunday (2 day comp) but less destructive

Grizzly

Visit site
When you get to my age this becomes the norm.

Not because I'm any straighter but because I no longer have the strength to power the ball to an adjoining fairway.;)

Getting older has its benefits then - I would never miss the embarrassment of waiting to walk across multiple fairways to be asked "how on earth did you get it there?"!

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Rammel, complete and utter rammel in a medal. Blowing a Hoolie. Shooting a 14 on one hole with four lost balls a new low light for me. Sodding game.
Think of the pleasure you have given four folk when they find a brand new ProV1 with you initials on it. Distribute the pleasure.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Think of the pleasure you have given four folk when they find a brand new ProV1 with you initials on it. Distribute the pleasure.
Two stripey tour response, a Titliest nxt tour and a distance ball are now history. Then I parred three of the next four holes. Played the 11th and hit a rammel drive.mMy brother said “ theres your ball” proceeded to walk to it for my third and I had played the wrong ball. By that time I had lost the will to live.
Funny thing was we got to the 12th 200 yards down hill. The three ball in front was looking for a ball 50 yd right of the green.So we teed off as a player was walking back up the hill to play a provisional. Two went in the pond inc one of mine. Tricky Trev who had walked up the hill and knobbed his drive down the hill. When he putted out he had shot a nine. His provisional was in fact his third tee shot. That cheered me up. He went round for a net 73 with a nine on the card 😳😁👍

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Two stripey tour response, a Titliest nxt tour and a distance ball are now history. Then I parred three of the next four holes. Played the 11th and hit a rammel drive.mMy brother said “ theres your ball” proceeded to walk to it for my third and I had played the wrong ball. By that time I had lost the will to live.
Funny thing was we got to the 12th 200 yards down hill. The three ball in front was looking for a ball 50 yd right of the green.So we teed off as a player was walking back up the hill to play a provisional. Two went in the pond inc one of mine. Tricky Trev who had walked up the hill and knobbed his drive down the hill. When he putted out he had shot a nine. His provisional was in fact his third tee shot. That cheered me up. He went round for a net 73 with a nine on the card 😳😁👍
Medal is unforgiving. One of my pals had a 15 on a par 4 on Monday

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Semi final of the senior's KO today, someone had added their names to our tee time and there were a few four balls in front of us in what looked to be a busy morning.
But when I got there there was hardly anyone around and we ended up playing millionaire's golf.

I began by getting up and down for par on the first three holes (including a sand save) to be three up.
5 up after 9 and halved the next two before losing 12 and 13 where I was giving shots but it was as much to do with poor play by me as giving shots.
Long par putt on the 14th put me dormy 4 but then made a right hash of 15 and 16 and was giving a shot on the par 4 17th, I was on in 3 but my oppo made a bit of hard work of it and conceded so I won 3 and 1.

HB&S laminated 1 wood
Uniroyal Arnold Palmer laminated 3 wood
Slazenger "Challenge" persimmon 5 wood
George Nicoll, Henry Cotton "Cotton Plus" irons 2 to PW (1964)
Dunlop SW
Goudie International SS300 putter.

1724946482522.png 1724946497483.png

Last edited:

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Played last night and managed to squeeze 18 holes. Hit the ball well mostly, few loose shots around the greens that led to 3 doubles, but cancelled those out with 3 birdies and ended up with a 77. Excluding scores over the winter on our slightly shorter course that’s the best score I’ve posted since July last year.

Had a lesson this morning, few little tweaks to tidy things up and hitting the ball very nicely. Numbers from the last swing below (7 iron, range balls):

AFF92F6A-B261-4B30-A60A-AD268B23BE0B.jpeg

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors Stableford today, I was pleased to keep a double off the card and happy with 39 points, although the day was conducive to good scoring with 24th place being on 36 points, 65 players in the field.

Could this be the first -1 PCC I've seen?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Against my previously better judgement I'm p.aying in the Club Championship this weekend
Haven't played in one for 20+ years and going in with very few expectations...
More to follow....

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors Stableford today, I was pleased to keep a double off the card and happy with 39 points, although the day was conducive to good scoring with 24th place being on 36 points, 65 players in the field.

Could this be the first -1 PCC I've seen?

Answer, no!

Removing the 95% and using full handicap, there were 32 players who scored 36 points or better, 47.7%
There were 8 players who scored 40 points or better, with 46 points winning, from a field of 65!

What must it take for the PCC to move to -1? Or does it even do that any more?

Last edited:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Answer, no!

Removing the 95% and using full handicap, there were 32 players who scored 36 points or better, 47.7%
There were 8 players who scored 40 points or better, with 46 points winning, from a field of 65!

What must it take for the PCC to move to -1? Or does it even do that any more?
Recalculating stableford points by adjusting 95% to 100% is not simple.
You can not simply add 1 or 2 points.
The extra shot or shots might come on holes that were recorded as "0" (blob) and this will remain zero points = net double bogey, even with the extra shot applied.
Scrutinising every card would be quite a laborious task.

Also one player with PH 7 (95%) might have a CH (100%) of 8, for example.
But another with PH 7 (95%) might have a CH (100%) of 7.
Scrutinising exact handicaps would be another laborious task.
:geek:

Last edited:

Imurg

Visit site
Rd 1 of the Club Champs is in the book...
Played yesterday and the greens were nice....half as fast again today...like putting in the bath and trying to stop the ball before the plughole
You had to stay below the hole and if you wandered....well, anything could and did happen.
I got on the wrong side of some pins and suffered for it.
85 gross (+14) nett 78
Should just make the cut for an earlyish tee time tomorrow although the wind is starting to howl out there .
A birdie at the last left a sweet taste....

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Had an awful score in the 1st round of club champs and missed the cut for today. Wasn’t a huge surprise given how I’ve been playing of late, but there was plenty in there that was fine.

Fortunately it is rare (can’t recall ever before) that I play 5 off the tee but I did on our par 4 10th - and ended up with a 9…not a lot of help off a PH of 7 - especially as I’d dropped 9 shots on the front nine 🙄. I could only 😂.

So looking on the bright side of life…that’s me off to Sunningdale this morning…👍

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Easing my way back in after a couple of weeks off due to a knee injury.

Doubles comp yesterday, made a point of trying to swing slow and not thrash it. Seemed to work, we got 41 points with myself doing a fair bit of the scoring. Added bonus was 3 sandy pars for me, one of which saw me holing my bunker shot, don’t remember ever doing that before.

Said to my pp we are probably a couple of points short of a winning score, got into the clubhouse to find 48 was winning, off 85% of handicap!

Greens had been cored and tined a couple of days previously, so putting was a bit of a lottery, which made 48 even more impressive.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Texas Scramble yesterday, great weather, great company and a superb 9 under through 10 holes😬

Unfortunately we couldn’t add to it, but with receiving 6 shots we finished on 55 and nowhere near the prizes😂😂

Imurg

Visit site
Round 2 of the Club Champs over and done with...nearly died of heatstroke.
Massively hot, humid and breezy too..finished my 1 1/2 litres of drink by the 12th and had to top up....
Marginally better than yesterday with a nett 75, gross 82 but the annoying thing is that 1 was 1 over after 7
Game just disappeared.......
Way out of the prizes but I got my 2 games in over the weekend, games I either wouldn't have had or paid a darn sight more for had I played somewhere else...