I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played the yellows the other week and missed out on the front nine by one point, back nine by one point and overall by one point. 42 points.
Played the yellows today and missed out on front nine by one point, back nine by one point and overall by one point 41 points.
I cannot remember last time I had a 4 pointer and today I had 2 😳
Sometimes the game is a bummer 😡

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
…and…I lost in the final of our Midweek K/O cup - a Board comp. Lost on 18th when my putt from 12ft for a half to go up 19 didn’t drop…close but no cigar. Had plenty of chances but rather blew it. No matter. Played a lot better than I have of late so that’s a good thing. Just in time for H4H…😍

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
…and…I lost in the final of our Midweek K/O cup - a Board comp. Lost on 18th when my putt from 12ft for a half to go up 19 didn’t drop…close but no cigar. Had plenty of chances but rather blew it. No matter. Played a lot better than I have of late so that’s a good thing. Just in time for H4H…😍
Am I going to get deja vu and witness another ridiculous points haul tomorrow?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have been quite busy over the last few days playing in opens and I have bene playing pretty well, today we were in a seniors open at Harwood and I had my best round of the year, 9 pars and a birdie, with the only blips being a couple of 3 putts on greens that were a bit on the slow side, I had a gross 79, 8 over par which was also the only time i have beaten my handicap this year.
As for Harwood, i enjoyed it, very much a course of two halves, this first was shorter and played across a hill, the back nine was very flat although there was a bit of water to make things interesting.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Only 11 nutcases went out in the rain yesterday for the weekday medal and I was one of them.
It proved to be one of the most idiotic rounds of my life.
9-over par for the front nine and 1-under par for the back nine.
My putting was hopeless on the wet greens, three-putted 3 times (see below), but I did manage to hit 3 shots close on the back nine.

240903 score.jpg

Came 3rd out of 11 entrants, but I get the lowest gross prize. Probably the highest lowest-gross of the year in these weekday medals.
And £5.50 for my 2 - shame about that other chap who got one!
And my HI went up by 0.2.

Told you it was idiotic. It sits there as my 8th best score.
Stupid game. Why do we do it?

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
That was a game of 2 halves.............
Starting on the back 9 I had 3 birdies and turned level par for 22 points....
Got to the 1st and we found out the Greenys had spread more fertiliser on the greens and run the sprinklers for a few minutes to soak it in...
Cue my complete inability to adapt to the green speed....putts that were dropping on the 1st 9 barely made the hole on the 2nd 9...
12 bloody points....34 total to equal my worst counting score....
Should have been so much better........but....
Some form showing..... ;)

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played the Arden course today off the whites in a society day at Forest of Arden. A proper big boy course at 6,700 yards off the whites, in a medal. Managed a 7 over with just 11 pars and 7 bogeys. Plenty of looks for birdie but never holed a thing. Course in really good nick although some fairways were not running due to the overnight deluge. First time seeing the course so happy with my score.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Midweek Captains Card today, really good off the tee, putting was best I’ve been for a while, Gross 91, Nett 79, 9 over handicap.

Dreaded Shanks!! Out of nowhere, great drive, then shank! Decent approach, then short chip or pitch, shank! All seemed to be happening when less then 50yds from the greens, no issue with full iron shots.🤬

Must of added at least 11 or 12 shots to my score!

Visiting the practise ground tomorrow

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Played St. George's Hill today off the yellows. And played really well. 3 over gross for the front nine, and I kept having to scramble pars from 4-8 foot. Back nine got better and finished 1 over gross, and that included an outrageous chip in for birdie from 50 foot and spongy grass and a 25 foot putt for birdie on the penultimate hole, a par 3. So 4 over par and 5 under handicap and 41 points. Enough to win the stableford trophy and the scratch titles!
Should be a handicap cut overnight too, as I put a card in.
Very happy.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Puttenham today with Radbourne2010, SwingsitlikeHogan and mikejohnchapman. Challenging course, tree-lined with a lot of elevation changes and sloping greens. Started par, double, birdie, triple, bogey so had the full set already. Another two silly triples born from poor tee shots followed on the 9th and 10th but pretty solid after that and managed 31 points in the end. Was a shame the gross score was 90 rather than 89, but always happy to get in the 30s at a new course, especially one like this with plenty of blind shots and run-offs. I found the rough very thick and hard to get my club through as well.

SILH just pipped me in our group with 32 points but none of us featured in the prizes. Still, enjoyed a good day with three golfers a lot better than myself!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Played the Arden course today off the whites in a society day at Forest of Arden. A proper big boy course at 6,700 yards off the whites, in a medal. Managed a 7 over with just 11 pars and 7 bogeys. Plenty of looks for birdie but never holed a thing. Course in really good nick although some fairways were not running due to the overnight deluge. First time seeing the course so happy with my score.

One of my favourites, and I have been lucky enough to play there a number of times, as a friend of mine is a member. Especially enjoy the back nine.

The 9th is a beast of a hole from the back tees!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of my favourites, and I have been lucky enough to play there a number of times, as a friend of mine is a member. Especially enjoy the back nine.

The 9th is a beast of a hole from the back tees!
We looked at the back tees on nine when we were stood on the whites. Doesn’t look like you have much to aim at from back there.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
We looked at the back tees on nine when we were stood on the whites. Doesn’t look like you have much to aim at from back there.

You don’t! It’s bad enough from the whites, and having once been “encouraged” to play it from the back tees, I’m in no rush to ever do so again!

I do find the Arden a game of two halves sometimes. The front nine is great, don’t get me wrong, but the back nine, amongst roaming deer, is just that bit more enjoyable. My favourite hole is probably 16 - I can’t recall too many approaches anywhere with that much trouble on three sides of the green.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Today was my best round in over a year - gross 86 (nett 65) - which included x2 blowout holes of 6 on a par 3, and 8 on a par 4. But on the whole, was striking the ball much better than of late. Gives hope of being the start of getting my HI down towards the 13.5 of last year, rather than it's current 19.5. Oh, and my mate bagged an ace which was nice.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Puttenham today with Radbourne2010, SwingsitlikeHogan and mikejohnchapman. Challenging course, tree-lined with a lot of elevation changes and sloping greens. Started par, double, birdie, triple, bogey so had the full set already. Another two silly triples born from poor tee shots followed on the 9th and 10th but pretty solid after that and managed 31 points in the end. Was a shame the gross score was 90 rather than 89, but always happy to get in the 30s at a new course, especially one like this with plenty of blind shots and run-offs. I found the rough very thick and hard to get my club through as well.

SILH just pipped me in our group with 32 points but none of us featured in the prizes. Still, enjoyed a good day with three golfers a lot better than myself!
Was fun. I let it slip with some daft club and shot selection off the tee too many holes on the back nine that irritatingly fed into sloppy putting. No matter. As you observed we’d have had a good better ball score 👍 Tomorrow is another day.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You don’t! It’s bad enough from the whites, and having once been “encouraged” to play it from the back tees, I’m in no rush to ever do so again!

I do find the Arden a game of two halves sometimes. The front nine is great, don’t get me wrong, but the back nine, amongst roaming deer, is just that bit more enjoyable. My favourite hole is probably 16 - I can’t recall too many approaches anywhere with that much trouble on three sides of the green.
Back nine is definitely more pleasant on the eye, and harder. On 16 my tee shot was too straight and went long into the 1st cut which left me a 5 iron away. Probably my best shot of the day followed to hit the green and then two putts for par😁

Loved the course.